Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2023 4:55 pm  #26

Re: Six-Way Tie for 7th Place

Just a quick note about player retention.  I don’t care about who left or why they left.  I only care about the guys who wear the uniform in 2023!  I want to see them improve individually and as a team, and play hard every game until the final buzzer!  If they do that; I am satisfied.

2/03/2023 9:20 am  #27

CLK wrote:

1.  Keep an eye out for an interview with Dambrot and players on PSN to be published soon.  I don't think you will see any evidence of this team quitting.  These players are too good.  They have struggled with confidence but hopefully they will bust through this weekend and get on a roll.

2.  Negativity is contagious, and so is optimism. This board has gone as negative as it has been in a long time.  It is not a crime to be optimistic, and maybe it is just me, but I don't think it should be a source of pleasure to see an optimistic opinion fail.  Remember all the 21+ win preseason projections last season by posters.

Pax Vobiscum

CLK optimism vs negativity on this board no doubt flows like a stream based on the current status of the Dukes record. My problem with the majority of options on this board is the ongoing criticism of the espn+ Home broadcast of the Dukes. Yes I do sound like CITY DUKE defending every single move by coach Dambrot but BENZ of the Trip Review gives the Dukes love in every single thread prior to a game. The PG crickets. Can’t believe I pay for that S##t online😤 The Trib Is free if you can get thru the advertising blitz. My point is reward individuals loyal to the program. Past rants on this board criticizing Cannon & Benz suggested past players as broadcasting replacements. One genius suggested a former Duquesne player who may still be incarcerated in Federal prison. Second point the broadcast in regard to the hamburger delivery guy was viewed by millions. Could you imagine some old guy announcer comments about the delivery guy, (sentancr deleted by CLK) To me these two pranksters should get an agent & contract a commercial with DoorDash. Back to your point CLK wins equal optimism. Go Dukes

he out of federal prison?

Last edited by CLK (2/03/2023 11:55 am)

2/03/2023 12:04 pm  #28

IronDuke you hijacked my post.  It had nothing to do with the broadcasts. Border line deletable.   I decided to edit rather than delete, but this should have been a separate post or thread.

2/03/2023 1:11 pm  #29

CLK wrote:

IronDuke you hijacked my post.  It had nothing to do with the broadcasts. Border line deletable.   I decided to edit rather than delete, but this should have been a separate post or thread.

I know you didn’t. I get optimism. I just got done reading the Trib Review were Benz again mentioned the Dukes upcoming game at GW. Again the PG. & the Fan gushing about Pitt 24/7 . Just put it in as to at least one member of the Pittsburgh media giving the Dukes a mention. As far as I remember on this board you have never been a critic of the broadcasters via your post. In regard to the delivery guy I believe you may have noted safety issues which is 100% correct. I guess I got caught up in the negativity expanding from the Coach, team, AD & broadcasters. Wins will keep this board positive. Hopefully, no foul. Just venting about negativity.

Board footera