Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2023 4:39 am  #1

Great Video on Norm Nixon's Career, "The Curious Case of Norm Nixon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMrKP8zxNTU

The video is not exactly new as it's from almost three years ago but I cannot find it posted on here before. It barely mentions Duquesne, pretty much just the fact he played here. The rest of the video is well done though, he talks about his NBA career and touches on a lot of the obstacles he had to deal with.

2/02/2023 10:59 pm  #2

Re: Great Video on Norm Nixon's Career, "The Curious Case of Norm Nixon"

Below is a link to another video featuring Michael Cooper interviewing Norm Nixon on a podcast from a few years ago.  There is an interesting reaction at the 20:25 mark when Cooper asks Nixon a question about Sincere Carry.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DchsS1kZEuU

2/03/2023 8:48 am  #3

indygjm wrote:

Below is a link to another video featuring Michael Cooper interviewing Norm Nixon on a podcast from a few years ago.  There is an interesting reaction at the 20:25 mark when Cooper asks Nixon a question about Sincere Carry.  

hilarious.  Here we are as fans thinking it was some great moment - a passing of the torch between a DU great and and potential future great - when, in actuality it was a non event.  DU must have reached out to Norm's people and and he consented without even knowing what he was doing or who Sincere Carry even was!

2/03/2023 4:41 pm  #4

Styles1229 wrote:

indygjm wrote:

hilarious.  Here we are as fans thinking it was some great moment - a passing of the torch between a DU great and and potential future great - when, in actuality it was a non event.  DU must have reached out to Norm's people and and he consented without even knowing what he was doing or who Sincere Carry even was!

Wow. Honestly I think he might have been offended that Carry did that and left, and saying he doesn’t know who that is is his way of not expressing that but letting Carry know he does not respect what Sincere did. Just speculation

2/03/2023 6:10 pm  #5

BluffHunter wrote:

Styles1229 wrote:

indygjm wrote:

Wow. Honestly I think he might have been offended that Carry did that and left, and saying he doesn’t know who that is is his way of not expressing that but letting Carry know he does not respect what Sincere did. Just speculation

Maybe - but to me he looked genuinely befuddled by the question.  

2/04/2023 5:28 pm  #6

Nixon had no idea who Carry is.

2/04/2023 6:40 pm  #7

I don't know if I'm missing the point but Nixon knew him for sure as he was in attendance at a game at Palumbo a few years back. I believe Nixon was being honored and it was Carry's sophomore year. That being said, I'm fine with him feigning his knowledge of him since he left after being given "the keys to the car". Che peccato

2/07/2023 8:52 am  #8

1111 Vickroy wrote:

I don't know if I'm missing the point but Nixon knew him for sure as he was in attendance at a game at Palumbo a few years back. I believe Nixon was being honored and it was Carry's sophomore year. That being said, I'm fine with him feigning his knowledge of him since he left after being given "the keys to the car". Che peccato

Just because NN was at that game (he was, I sat right next to him,) doesn't mean he knows or remembers who Sincere is/was.  The point of the original comment is that it was a nice story in Pittsburgh that Sincere wanted to wear NN's number but, out of respect to NN, the university needed to get NN's blessing - which they did.  In actuality, it seems, it was a non event for NN because he clearly did not know who Sincere was asked about him just a few years later

2/07/2023 3:03 pm  #9

Styles1229 wrote:

1111 Vickroy wrote:

Just because NN was at that game (he was, I sat right next to him,) doesn't mean he knows or remembers who Sincere is/was.  The point of the original comment is that it was a nice story in Pittsburgh that Sincere wanted to wear NN's number but, out of respect to NN, the university needed to get NN's blessing - which they did.  In actuality, it seems, it was a non event for NN because he clearly did not know who Sincere was asked about him just a few years later

2/07/2023 3:04 pm  #10

That was my point Styles

Board footera