Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2023 9:19 am  #1

Jim Boeheim Comment On College Basketball

Though it was interesting

Pete Thamel on Twitter: "Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim opens up to ESPN on how he'll "probably" return to coach the Orange next season, his autonomy over his retirement decision and the "awful place" that college basketball is in right now. https://t.co/4rolecepza https://t.co/20KIsETV8p" / Twitter

"This is an awful place we're in in college basketball," he said. "Pittsburgh bought a team. OK, fine. My [big donor] talks about it, but he doesn't give anyone any money. Nothing. Not one guy. Our guys make like $20,000. Wake Forest bought a team. Miami bought a team. ... It's like, 'Really, this is where we are?' That's really where we are, and it's only going to get worse."

Last edited by CLK (2/05/2023 9:22 am)

2/05/2023 9:28 am  #2

Re: Jim Boeheim Comment On College Basketball

I can't stand it. This will ultimately drive me away from college sports and sooner than later!

2/05/2023 9:58 am  #3

Oh, this is so rich, CLK 😂 (even though Boeheim walked back that comment). And we know Boeheim has never cheated 😂😂.  And now he’s whining that he can’t get his boosters to ante up.

Also, I know that some posters on this board will be extremely upset that Boeheim overlooked mentioning the Duquesne transfer in his list of key players (how could he forget  the season to date 26 points scored??).

2/05/2023 11:37 am  #4

"Coach B"  OBVIOUSLY longs for the "Good Ole Days"   When people like Dickie V "salivated" over coaches like him, Louie, Rollie Mass, and Big John -   Syracuse would play 13 Non-Conference Games at Home (with the rationale that the Carrier Dome had the bigger capacity)  Maybe ONE at a Neutral Site -   Then when the NCAA Tournament game around his teams would RARELY JUSTIFY their seeding ---  (David Robinson anyone???)   

Would be willing to bet more often than not Jamie Dixon and "his tough guys"  were too physical for Boehms "prima donnas"  

I'm sure HIS Big Donor is "doing it for the kids"

A guy like Andy Toole -  who has to compete to get players in --  plays nearly all of his non-conference games on the road against much better competition is probably a BETTER COACH than this "old over-rated windbag"

Board footera