Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2023 10:17 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - La Salle University Explorers

Awesome team win. Reece was fantastic!
Who would have dreamed Clark Grant 13 pts total and both with deep foul trouble;4 each. Yet we put up 91 pts.
Just goes to show how deep this team is. Sure hope Dixon gets back from injury!
Can’t wait for Sunday
Go dukes!

Last edited by Motor (2/22/2023 10:18 pm)

2/22/2023 10:24 pm  #27

Loyola giving Fordham a game tonight.

2/22/2023 10:40 pm  #28

townsonkid wrote:

Loyola up 54-53 just over 7 min.

Fordham pulls it out by 2

Last edited by coffee (2/22/2023 11:19 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/23/2023 8:45 am  #29

coffee wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Loyola up 54-53 just over 7 min.

Fordham pulls it out by 2

I watched that game from the start right after the Dukes game. I promised my wife we can switch the channel as soon as LUC started to get their butts kicked. What a close game. LUC could have won on any lucky shout. Just barely missed a big win for them (and us).

2/23/2023 8:53 am  #30

CityDuke wrote:

Great game by our bigs as many have mentioned. How about 6 assists from Williams! That alone shows his development throughout this season. When his inside game is flowing and he is able to see the floor and pass out of the post like that, he is a very very tough player for teams to deal with. Good win on the road. Time for the Davidson Wildcats who seem to have found their way as of late. Go Dukes!

Yes, it was Williams best game. He got to the basket inside and got some decent scores.And he dished out when he couldn't. His defense was great. LaSalle is a very improved team  lately and this was a big win for the Dukes.

2/23/2023 8:54 am  #31

Woke this morning to find the Dukes cracked KenPom's top 100 at #99.

2/23/2023 9:09 am  #32

Yeah, Reece and Williams and Rotroff to the rescue last night.  I'd imagine shooting in that high school gym is odd, nothing behind the boards compared to every other arena, except Fordham, which is coming up(maybe a blessing to go to LaSalle near Fordham game).   Was real happy to see the big fellas making the paint points.   

Not trying to be nebby, but....
Is anything up with Clark?   Last 2 games seemed un-Clark like.   Is he injured or running into a late season wall?
Does anyone know what is actually wrong with Barre?   I have only heard "a condition".
Dixon, its nice to only use him 2 minutes in the last 2 games, let him get that knee under control, is there a chance he is ready for Sunday?  Having my own knee issues over the years, I know how frustrating it can be, and the pain can really be intense.  Was hard to actually see the bench players last night with that camera view, I think he was dressed.   
Hronsky, I thought he was sick, but still not to be seen on the court in a while now.

Would just like all hands on deck for the stretch run and trip to Brooklyn, if possible.

2/23/2023 9:39 am  #33

MikeR wrote:

Woke this morning to find the Dukes cracked KenPom's top 100 at #99.

And….
#104 in the NCAA NET
#83 in Haslametrics

2/23/2023 12:12 pm  #34

NapaDuke wrote:

CityDuke wrote:

Great game by our bigs as many have mentioned. How about 6 assists from Williams! That alone shows his development throughout this season. When his inside game is flowing and he is able to see the floor and pass out of the post like that, he is a very very tough player for teams to deal with. Good win on the road. Time for the Davidson Wildcats who seem to have found their way as of late. Go Dukes!

Yes, it was Williams best game. He got to the basket inside and got some decent scores.And he dished out when he couldn't. His defense was great. LaSalle is a very improved team  lately and this was a big win for the Dukes.

What about the 2 or 3 open layups he missed?  I also question his help defense.  If you ck back on the game, most of his points, assists and rebounds came in the later stage of the game.  How many free throws did he miss?

2/23/2023 12:28 pm  #35

Williams was 2 for 4 on FT.   Not great, but thats what he does.   Cant believe you are questioning his game last night.   He also had 7 rebs and 6 assists.   He misses shots, badly, to the point I chuckle, but last night he played well, and was a difference maker in the 2nd half.

2/23/2023 12:58 pm  #36

townsonkid wrote:

Williams was 2 for 4 on FT.   Not great, but thats what he does.   Cant believe you are questioning his game last night.   He also had 7 rebs and 6 assists.   He misses shots, badly, to the point I chuckle, but last night he played well, and was a difference maker in the 2nd half.

exactly  Tre will miss some bunnies but they are only bunnies because he uses his skill and ability to get the open look.  If he made them all the time he'd be playing at Duke, not Duquesne.  he and Joe Reece are both shooting 50% on the year.  I love Tre and what he brings to court.  his misses frustrate me for sure but he brings so much else to the table that we can live with them

2/23/2023 1:13 pm  #37

Crazy that the Dukes have not beaten La Salle in Philadelphia since 2011

• DU's last win at Tom Gola Arena was on Jan. 19, 2011 by an 88-71 score under head coach Ron Everhart. La Salle won the next six.

2/23/2023 1:41 pm  #38

Tre and Rotroff are perfect examples of blue-collar players in my estimation. Both might be a half step slower that we might like but both work their butts off while on the court. Without them we would not be 19-9 this year. As for Reese, I'd like to see more of what we saw last nite around the hoop. A junk yard dog as KD put it. Would rather see others taking perimeter shots.

2/23/2023 1:44 pm  #39

A group of ten of us were there.  Went to the Atlantic City Marina on Saturday and to Lasalle's gym on Sunday.  Billy Clark lit them up for 30 some points in a double overtime win.  Great time had by all.  I still visit the Marina to say hello to my lost wages!  

2/23/2023 2:10 pm  #40

Albaby wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

CityDuke wrote:

What about the 2 or 3 open layups he missed?  I also question his help defense.  If you ck back on the game, most of his points, assists and rebounds came in the later stage of the game.  How many free throws did he miss?

I didn't say he was perfect. Just his best game. Yes he does miss too many under the basket shots, but the improvement in his touch last night was encouraging. That touch comes from a little bit of confidence and he showed some last night. If the Dukes are to go deep in the playoffs, he has to hit more of those and this was his best effort in that part of his game. Until last nights game, I didn't believe we should try to play an inside game, but just maybe, it's coming around. This team is the Dukes best effort in years, but, they can do a hell of a lot more. They have a very high potential at tourney time this time around.      .

2/23/2023 2:30 pm  #41

NapaDuke wrote:

Albaby wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

I didn't say he was perfect. Just his best game. Yes he does miss too many under the basket shots, but the improvement in his touch last night was encouraging. That touch comes from a little bit of confidence and he showed some last night. If the Dukes are to go deep in the playoffs, he has to hit more of those and this was his best effort in that part of his game. Until last nights game, I didn't believe we should try to play an inside game, but just maybe, it's coming around. This team is the Dukes best effort in years, but, they can do a hell of a lot more. They have a very high potential at tourney time this time around.      .

I agree Williams has a big heart and does contribute on both ends. Does miss some easy ones as all have stated but does a job guard post and shot blocking!
He had a very good game last night but his best might havre been against his old team Indiana State revenge game.
Still we are playing meaningful basketball so let’s enjoy the ride.
Go Dukes

Last edited by Motor (2/23/2023 2:31 pm)

2/23/2023 5:22 pm  #42

Motor wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

Albaby wrote:

I agree Williams has a big heart and does contribute on both ends. Does miss some easy ones as all have stated but does a job guard post and shot blocking!
He had a very good game last night but his best might havre been against his old team Indiana State revenge game.
Still we are playing meaningful basketball so let’s enjoy the ride.
Go Dukes

Our Bigs are key to going deep in post season if they control the paint. They all appear to be gaining confidence. Our perimeter game, transition game, and most of the defense has carried this team, but if these Dukes can actually play in the paint like last night offensively, then the rest of the A-10 teams might have a big problem.  And I think this was Tre's best game because it's conf. play, it's late in the season, he didn't need that "extra reason" to rise against his old team, he just did it for the team this season, and at the right time..  

2/23/2023 6:01 pm  #43

Losing to St. Louis the way we did was the best thing to happen to us and just in time for the tournament.

It forced the coaching staff and bigs to game plan to win in the paint if we must.  We had become a perimeter team that could not adjust.  Now we have both dimensions inside and out and are MUCH more of a dangerous and adaptable team.

Give KD and Co. credit for finding a way to use that inside talent better and the bigs for carrying out the plan.  KD knows how to coach bigs.

GO DUKES!

Last edited by coffee (2/23/2023 6:04 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/23/2023 7:33 pm  #44

coffee wrote:

Losing to St. Louis the way we did was the best thing to happen to us and just in time for the tournament.

It forced the coaching staff and bigs to game plan to win in the paint if we must.  We had become a perimeter team that could not adjust.  Now we have both dimensions inside and out and are MUCH more of a dangerous and adaptable team.

Give KD and Co. credit for finding a way to use that inside talent better and the bigs for carrying out the plan.  KD knows how to coach bigs.

GO DUKES!

Careful Coffee I’m not sure it’s allowed to give KD credit for coaching up players!  We probably should give him a pink slip for that!

Board footera