Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2023 10:05 pm  #1

LET’S SELL OUT THE COOP ON SUNDAY!

We need to show this team we support a winner this Sunday vs Davidson and give them some fire going into the Tournament.  End the drought this year!

They just launched a 2 for $15 Cooper Special.   Sales look good so far.

Last edited by coffee (2/25/2023 10:15 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/23/2023 11:31 am  #2

Re: LET’S SELL OUT THE COOP ON SUNDAY!

Your right Coffee lets do it.  
4 days to sell tickets.  Gotta have a big crowd Sunday and Wednesday.
Need a big student turnout also.

Its been a really fun season lets keep it going.

Go DUKES!

2/23/2023 4:24 pm  #3

Motor wrote:

Go DUKES!

Sadly I wouldn’t expect a large student turnout Sunday as their last day of classes before spring break is tomorrow. They have next week off.

2/23/2023 6:20 pm  #4

BluffHunter wrote:

Motor wrote:

Go DUKES!

Sadly I wouldn’t expect a large student turnout Sunday as their last day of classes before spring break is tomorrow. They have next week off.

Is the upper section available now, or is this Athletic Department insane?  It's been closed most of the year. I don't get it, because, a lot of folks would have come even in the upper deck because the tickets are more than reasonable in the upper deck?  DU didn't even give people of lesser means a chance to come to the games and root for their team? Maybe, what, anywhere from 1 or 2 thousand more people might have seen the Dukes play this season if given a chance to see them from the cheep seats? That's insane.  Also, when I travel to opponents arenas, I am put in the upper most seats of the upper deck? But at DU, for only God knows, the opposing fans sit right behind their players bench, offering an amazing "home court advantage"for their team, right in our faces?  Heck, every time I went to WVU, we were so high up, you couldn't hear us if we had bullhorns? What is with Duquesne basketball and little if no home court advantage. If anyone from out side Pgh sees a seat selection, the screen should only show the upper deck? The seats behind the opposing team should be our best student attendance. Preferable the loudist with the strongest lungs, but that's just my opinion? And students should, if not already be admitted for free. If they currently are not, why the heck not? They pay a princely price to go to DU, but if they are getting in free, then, give them more incentives, like after game meet and greet the team in a post game social event. Also, like when RE was trying to build a student crowd, offer students attending additional incentives. For instance, that t-shirt throw? Season ticket holders don't need it to come to the games, but it's more than oblivious,  the students would be so jazzed, they would wear them to class the next day.  Even worse, that free lunch the cheer leaders run up to season ticket holders? Same thing, we can pay our way. but the students, again would be way more jazzed. And for God's sake, stop that insane constant music at every chance. No one wants to hear that crap, actually, never?  (Sorry, me just venting a little). A little foot note here, The Palumbo center had a seating capacity of 4,406, but the new Coop only seats 3,500?  To me, just a little odd? 

2/25/2023 2:14 pm  #5

All tickets other than one seat in Section 205 are sold except for second Level $18 Seats and $15 General Admission.
They just opened another few rows upstairs.
It should be rocking to get #20, to send off those in their last year, and to gear up for the tourney.

Last edited by coffee (2/25/2023 2:17 pm)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

2/25/2023 2:32 pm  #6

I know the A-10 does the schedule but our last 2 home games will be when the students are on Spring Break.  Not a good look.

2/25/2023 2:54 pm  #7

Fordham packed their place today, students showed up too.  That place is tiny but first time i recall seeing it full.

2/25/2023 4:52 pm  #8

coffee wrote:

All tickets other than one seat in Section 205 are sold except for second Level $18 Seats and $15 General Admission.
It should be rocking to get #20, to send off those in their last year, and to gear up for the tourney.

Just a small point to my long rant on my previous post. DU., do not sell tickets behind the opposing teams bench to the opposing teams fans. Give them free to the DU students every game. Their is no rule in seating. Just saying. Fill the top row cheep seats with people from out side of Pgh. Heck, I would.

2/25/2023 6:11 pm  #9

NapaDuke wrote:

coffee wrote:

Just a small point to my long rant on my previous post. DU., do not sell tickets behind the opposing teams bench to the opposing teams fans. Give them free to the DU students every game. Their is no rule in seating. Just saying. Fill the top row cheep seats with people from out side of Pgh. Heck, I would.

Makes a lot of sense to me.  I always hated to see the Bonnie’s and Dayton fanatics at our level in our house.   What do other teams do?   I don’t get to travel much.

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

2/25/2023 9:37 pm  #10

Jumping in a bit late here but I bought tickets on Friday and I could see how the seat selection was dissipating. I'm just wondering how many Davidson fans are going to be in attendance

2/25/2023 10:09 pm  #11

1111 Vickroy wrote:

Jumping in a bit late here but I bought tickets on Friday and I could see how the seat selection was dissipating. I'm just wondering how many Davidson fans are going to be in attendance

Likely, a lot. At the St. Bonnie's game, not only the crowd behind their bench, but everyone behind the opposite basket to our students was full of S.B.'s and all around me, (that are usually open),  yes, S.B.'s fans? When St.B.'s pulled ahead, that crowd cheered louder than us?. Why are they all not in the upper deck? Just saying. It's not that hard to put them there.

Board footera