Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/14/2013 11:45 am  #26

Re: Robert Morris Game on Saturday

I think Ron Everhart set the bar a lot higher than what we are talking about here.

Makes me wonder why he continues to get bashed by amateur reporters on various internet sites.

12/14/2013 12:15 pm  #27

ElDuque wrote:

I think Ron Everhart set the bar a lot higher than what we are talking about here.

Makes me wonder why he continues to get bashed by amateur reporters on various internet sites.

I generally agree with this. Patience abounded before Ron. A lot of fans were content on sustained mediocrity.

I wasn't around but I wonder if maybe there was a similar impatience in 1995- 96?

Last edited by steve19981 (12/14/2013 12:16 pm)

12/14/2013 1:14 pm  #28

Steve, I'm wondering if something was lost during your translation.

I've been following Duquesne basketball for nigh unto 40 years, and I can not recall the fan base being content with mediocrity. The administration, at times, yes. The fan base, never. The fan base grew tired of the likes of Cinicola and Carroll because they delivered medicore results. Edgar, Nee, and Porter were disasters. Rice had some success, but a lot of people didn't like him. Satalin was mediocre or bad for a long time, but the administration looked the other way.

1995-96 was Edgar's first year. Were you thinking of the previous season, which was Carroll's last year?

12/14/2013 2:11 pm  #29

A big change between 95-96 and now.  There was some sort of fan base in 95-96.  The blue seats were generally filled. 

Now they are not at all.  That is another 20 years of losing except for the RE successful years. 

When you read that people like VBC might bail, that is even more of a problem.

Board footera