Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/15/2023 5:49 pm  #2

Re: Collin Moore Visited Duquesne

I had a mini season ticket package at GA State this season & last. I don't recall noticing him at all last season but, I did see him play well at least 2 times this year. He was great against Marshall. I  know he missed a bunch of games at the beginning of the season with an injury. He is definitely NOT a PG.

GSU's team was way down this year. They had a long losing streak to end the season but Collin was a true bright spot.

5/16/2023 3:28 pm  #3

I honestly don't know what we are doing bringing this guy in.  If you look at the other schools that have shown interest I am not impressed.  Moreover, we clearly still need a true big and PG.  You have to be able to land players that other decent teams are after if you hope to move up.  KD and staff get that true 5 and a decent 6'2" PG.

5/16/2023 4:00 pm  #4

PistolPete wrote:

I honestly don't know what we are doing bringing this guy in.  If you look at the other schools that have shown interest I am not impressed.  Moreover, we clearly still need a true big and PG.  You have to be able to land players that other decent teams are after if you hope to move up.  KD and staff get that true 5 and a decent 6'2" PG.

I agree. Since we have two of the best SG's in the conference, it would seem that recruiting should be directed to other positions.  

5/16/2023 5:40 pm  #5

The big question I have is how many more players we have room for.  Absolutely number one priority has to be a quality big man.  We have Rozier, and could always move Dae Dae or Clark to the point if the freshman Nicholls is not ready for minutes.  So in my opinion I would say that a big guard who can drive the ball to take over McGriff's spot is the next priority, I think thie kid would be a grat pick up for us.

Last edited by CLK (5/16/2023 5:43 pm)

5/16/2023 9:17 pm  #6

I like him a lot more if he has 2 years of eligibility. Does anybody know how many years Collin has left?

5/17/2023 4:30 am  #7

Listed as sophomore on 22-23 GSU roster so I assume two?

5/17/2023 7:14 am  #8

I have no problem recruiting this player as long as we are able to add a quality big to the roster. No one seems to know exactly how many scholarships are available but assuming a couple anyway.

5/17/2023 7:45 am  #9

I like this kid. Dambrots offensive scheme needs a slasher. Dukes offensive scheme very predictable. Throw into the post with an undersized center,  kick out to the 4 players standing around & hope the 3 goes down. The two Lasalle  twins with guards that attack the basket definitely gives the Dukes a broader offensive scheme. I do agree with everybody on this board that a center is the #1 priority.

5/17/2023 7:49 am  #10

this recruiting makes me think even more that Clarke may be the identified PG for next season.  Either that, or Rozier.  As much as I like Kareem I do not think we compete for a championship with him starting at PG

5/17/2023 10:13 am  #11

I forgot about Nichols CLK so I get that, but still I am in agreement with Styles about Kareem.  Get the big and the rest will sort itself out.  Go Dukes!!

5/18/2023 7:32 pm  #12

There are more than a dozen high level PGs still available in the portal. I would say 4-6 are realistic targets for DU. I am hoping to be surprised by the announcement of KD signing one with 2 remaining years of eligibility.

There are many more A-10 "starter quality" centers still out there but, DU is much less likely to land one of those as the top 50 or so programs gobbled up such players late in the transfer season the last 2 years. This has been doubly true of big grad transfers.

I was very disappointed to read how significant Mahorcic's injury rehab is expected to be. If that were to play out as described, it would be very hard to integrate a starting center that late in the season

5/18/2023 7:33 pm  #13

PistolPete wrote:

I forgot about Nichols CLK so I get that, but still I am in agreement with Styles about Kareem.  Get the big and the rest will sort itself out.  Go Dukes!!

I DO think Kareem could be a 6th man of the year type player though.

5/19/2023 8:26 am  #14

5/19/2023 10:40 am  #15

phil95 wrote:

There are more than a dozen high level PGs still available in the portal. I would say 4-6 are realistic targets for DU. I am hoping to be surprised by the announcement of KD signing one with 2 remaining years of eligibility.

There are many more A-10 "starter quality" centers still out there but, DU is much less likely to land one of those as the top 50 or so programs gobbled up such players late in the transfer season the last 2 years. This has been doubly true of big grad transfers.
I was very disappointed to read how significant Mahorcic's injury rehab is expected to be. If that were to play out as described, it would be very hard to integrate a starting center that late in the season

If we aren't able to bring in another quality big I would still take this kid if available. If he can help us in conference play he could make a difference.

5/20/2023 4:04 pm  #16

5/21/2023 7:33 am  #17

I often wonder why a player will choose certain schools over Duquesne. There are many reasons I suppose including a strong relationship with a particular coach, the fact that they feel a certain program may be a better overall fit for them, or just the area in general. It's always disappointing though. Oh well, there are plenty of good guards out there. Let's get one!

Board footera