Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing


SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



5/21/2023 9:19 pm  #26


Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

stew wrote:

We got Lionel Billingy junior aka DAVID DIXON on the Bluff. Get David in weight room, put 10 lbs muscle
over summer and watch out!

Think we saw enough of Dixon to see he has the potential to be all-A10. Maybe as soon as the upcoming season. 
 

 

5/22/2023 9:39 am  #27


Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

stew wrote:

I think Rotroff had a good season and played well but hoping for a little more from a  ACC player..Maybe
be a bit more athletic.Pleased with both players,,good luck to both.

Totally agree.  I loved Roach and wish him the best BUT he did not even start for the Dukes in his long career here.  If this guy is a "great get" then we must expect big things from him.  If both Chabi and Dusan are healthy I am starting to like this front court.  We can throw a lot of big/long bodies at people now.  Chabi, Dusan, Dixon, Matus, the twins.  I am cautiously optimistic though - I fear we may be getting Rotroff in a different sense.  The injured one who we could not count on for consistent minutes.  I hope I am wrong but big men seem to reaggravate injuries more than smaller ones.

 

5/22/2023 11:22 am  #28


Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

He'll be ready from day 1.   Dixon needs a jump shot.  Barre needs to put on weight and muscle.   The three of them should cause problems for opponents.   Plus the Russian, there could really be a force developing that rules the A10.  I'm more curious to see how the other 3 positions play out, the roles and minutes for Grant, Clark, Rozier and Hronsky, plus Williams and the twins.  

 

5/22/2023 11:32 am  #29


Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

townsonkid wrote:

He'll be ready from day 1.   Dixon needs a jump shot.  Barre needs to put on weight and muscle.   The three of them should cause problems for opponents.   Plus the Russian, there could really be a force developing that rules the A10.  I'm more curious to see how the other 3 positions play out, the roles and minutes for Grant, Clark, Rozier and Hronsky, plus Williams and the twins.  

If we do not sign a proven PG from the portal I believe we will see Clark and Rozier split time at the 1 spot and see Rozier, Clark, and Grant on the floor at the same time often.  

 

5/22/2023 12:10 pm  #30


Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

Styles1229 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

He'll be ready from day 1.   Dixon needs a jump shot.  Barre needs to put on weight and muscle.   The three of them should cause problems for opponents.   Plus the Russian, there could really be a force developing that rules the A10.  I'm more curious to see how the other 3 positions play out, the roles and minutes for Grant, Clark, Rozier and Hronsky, plus Williams and the twins.  

If we do not sign a proven PG from the portal I believe we will see Clark and Rozier split time at the 1 spot and see Rozier, Clark, and Grant on the floor at the same time often.  

Last year there were 3 guards on the floor a lot of the time. We should see less of that with all the front court players who can put it on the floor and in the hoop.

 

5/22/2023 5:23 pm  #31


Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

I would hope that with all the bigs on the roster (6-7 and up) we would see more of them on the court than we have in many years. No real idea as to what will transpire this season but more bigs than I ever remember on the team. Eight I believe on the current roster in that category.

 

5/22/2023 8:36 pm  #32


Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

I really,really want for Hronsky, Dixon, & Chabbi to breakout this season. They & their continued presence at DU is the best bet for the sustained success of the program.

 

5/22/2023 8:53 pm  #33


Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

I really,really want for Hronsky, Dixon, & Chabbi to breakout this season. They & their continued presence at DU is the best bet for the sustained success of the program.

 

5/23/2023 6:53 am  #34


Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

phil95 wrote:

I really,really want for Hronsky, Dixon, & Chabbi to breakout this season. They & their continued presence at DU is the best bet for the sustained success of the program.

Couldn't agree more with this. Might be asking too much for all three to be major contributors this coming season. . Can't rule it out since they all appear to be talented enough. Think Dixon might be the best bet for a breakout year but even two out of the three would have us sitting pretty. Also hoping for strong performances from Mahorcic and Sarasov. Bad with these names! 

 

5/23/2023 8:42 am  #35


Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

El P and Phil I couldn't agree with you more about the bigs and the three sophomores - I want to see that as well.

 

5/23/2023 9:49 am  #36


Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

The Bottomline-a NCAA tournament bid.I been waiting since 1977 and for alot of us is time is running out.

 

5/23/2023 11:15 am  #37


Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

stew wrote:

The Bottomline-a NCAA tournament bid.I been waiting since 1977 and for alot of us is time is running out.

Don't I know it!!!!

 

5/23/2023 5:50 pm  #38


Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

El Presidente wrote:

stew wrote:

The Bottomline-a NCAA tournament bid.I been waiting since 1977 and for alot of us is time is running out.

Don't I know it!!!!

Time is indeed running out my friend. Go Dukes👍

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum