Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/20/2023 9:28 am  #26

Re: With every day the chance of signing another guard dims

I just feel Tre Clark is going to be our starting PG with Kareem coming off the bench as the backup PG.

I honestly feel like they are in a good spot - I could be in the minority on this.  But they have the veteran presence/experience with Tre and I think having the ball in Clark’s hands as much as possible is only going to be beneficial.

Starting PG:  Tre Clark
Backup:  Kareem Rozier
Other Options:  Hronsky / Nicholls

6/20/2023 10:05 am  #27

Thinking about lineups and minutes for this roster makes my skull hurt.   IDK how a coach plays 8 or 9 forward/centers and keeps them happy.   He recruited and offered them, so he created this stockpile, its his to handle now, I wish him luck and wins.

6/20/2023 11:01 am  #28

townsonkid wrote:

Thinking about lineups and minutes for this roster makes my skull hurt.   IDK how a coach plays 8 or 9 forward/centers and keeps them happy.   He recruited and offered them, so he created this stockpile, its his to handle now, I wish him luck and wins.

An abundance of front-court players and a perceived shortage in the back, particularly at the point. It looks like this will not be one of the many years of the DU 3-guard approach. As for the point, Clark has played it, apparently wants to play it, and certainly has the skill set. Foul trouble? Many of his fouls are "frustration fouls", and I don't think it's too late to change the reacting mindset that creates those. There certainly will be plenty of minutes for Rozier in any case, and we have seen the spirit he brings.
Looks like a very promising year to me.

6/20/2023 12:14 pm  #29

Mr. Thomas is still listed as a coach on the Duquesne Web Site....wonder if Twitter got it wrong!!!

6/20/2023 7:34 pm  #30

FAM wrote:

Mr. Thomas is still listed as a coach on the Duquesne Web Site....wonder if Twitter got it wrong!!!

Not sure on his status, but the website lists the coaches for the 2022-23 Men's Basketball Roster (last year). Who knows?

Board footera