Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/26/2023 10:52 am  #1

Throwback Unis

https://twitter.com/SBUnfurled/status/1683294690668605440

This was posted by SBU Unfurled. Dukes classic is easily the best. I would update it by making the D our current D. Would be a very sharp look.

7/26/2023 11:23 am  #2

Re: Throwback Unis

I'd just go with that uniform from the tweet, wear that a game or two, get some income from sales of that look on tshirts, hats, jerseys.   Everyone else does it.   Instead of black and gold(boring), go with the 70s style funkadelic look.   

7/26/2023 2:18 pm  #4

CLK you have good taste. Those uniforms worn by the Nelson twins outstanding. Please no black & gold

7/26/2023 2:50 pm  #5

I always liked that pale blue worn by the Nelson's in that shot.  it was a great look and I'd love to see them bring it back for a few games this season and invite the team that wore the jerseys back to a game and present each player attending with a jersey bearing his name.  Also sell those jerseys online and in the bookstore and any other outlets that carry Dukes clothing.
The late 70's "dukes" uniform pictured in the Tweet is also worth bringing back.  They could sell a lot of those as well.

Last edited by levon1975 (7/26/2023 3:18 pm)

7/26/2023 4:42 pm  #6

I also am a big fan of those uniforms the team wore in the late sixties and early seventies. Because they are sharp, people may ask about them. Example, when I coached with Billy Zopf in the 90’s, the kids we coached had no idea that during Zopf’s career that the Dukes were in the top ten, lost to North Carolina in NCAA by a couple points, played many teams in the top ten and did very well. They just assumed he played on terrible teams. All these kids knew was that Duquesne was terrible and Pitt and the Big East was where the fan interest was for several years. After this, they started to listen to Bill’s instructions and ask me more about Duquesne history. I also went on to educate them how Duquesne was a power in the earlier years. I totally floored them when I told them that Duquesne is the only school to have the number one NBA draft pick in consecutive years. So each year we coached, I told Bill not to come to the first practice because I’m going to tell them about Bill and his expertise and successes and made Bill bring in his NBA championship ring. Bill being Bill and a humble person, he wouldn’t talk about himself in glowing terms. That got their interest immediately.

7/26/2023 9:16 pm  #7

Again I believe we get to this branding thing. Why mess with the classic Duquesne "D"? I can't stand this new "d". I also think each uniform should have red, white and blue. The look is more appealing than simply 2 colors.

7/27/2023 9:07 am  #8

Go back to the the late 60s early 70s uniforms out of respect for Garry Nelson. Duquesne had a incredible
history in athletics and its been forgotten.A hall of fame should be carved out at the fieldhouse recognizing
the achievements of players,coaches and donors with pictures and videos.

7/27/2023 9:19 am  #9

Dr.Gormley, the athletic department has underachieved,,there is a lack of passion and imagination in selling tickets, treating its fans as outsiders,and turning its back on former players.A massive purge is in order to right the wrongs.

Board footera