Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/21/2013 8:40 am  #1

Today ...

Hoping the Dukes still have the memory of Wednesday fresh in their minds. They showed in the second half that they can grind on defense and turn it into points, and that they can wear down a lesser opponent in the second half. The key today is not to be behind by 10 in the opening minutes of the game. I don't know if we'll have Micah Mason back, but I suspect from what I'm hearing that he's at least close. He'll make a difference if we can actually give him the ball in a position to shoot, something our primary PG has yet to demonstrate that he can do. Hopefully he's teamed with Ridenour again, and possibly as the starting backcourt.

UMass-Lowell has a high scoring guard who could be a pain today, given the lack of defense that we see out of Colter and White. If, instead of being Nate Robinson wannabes, they would determine that they would use their quickness to smother opposing guards, they could actually get our running game cranking.

UMass-Lowell has played several A-10 teams to single digit losses. This being their first home game as a D1 team, I am expecting them to be loaded for bear. I think we squeeze out a win in a game that goes down to the wire.

If we can put 40 minutes into the game, we will spank them.

And in honor of the most famous Lowell ever, I give you this: 

http://krazystvshows.tripod.com/Wings/Wings/wings-lowell3.gif

12/21/2013 9:12 am  #2

Re: Today ...

Hope to see plenty of Duquesne fans there.  Hope they are loud.  Is the alumni association organizing anything before the game?

12/21/2013 2:09 pm  #3

I hear that they moved the game to a larger arena.  Apparently their gym is too small.

12/21/2013 2:24 pm  #4

Off to a good start. 21-5.

12/21/2013 3:54 pm  #5

Solid road win.  Welcome back Micah!

12/21/2013 3:57 pm  #6

Finished well too. Happy to see Micah Mason back! Looking at the unofficial stats, we had a ton of assists -- 27 with only four TOs. Watkins saw some minutes, Gill put some points on the board. This was a good win.

12/21/2013 3:59 pm  #7

ElDuque wrote:

Finished well too. Happy to see Micah Mason back! Looking at the unofficial stats, we had a ton of assists -- 27 with only four TOs. Watkins saw some minutes, Gill put some points on the board. This was a good win.

Amen, Merry Christmas posters. ;-)

A diehard fan since 1961

12/21/2013 4:23 pm  #8

The DUKES beat a basketball team that is now 1 - 11.

May everyone have a Blessed and Merry Christmas.

12/21/2013 4:29 pm  #9

Phildog wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

You have to be joking that this was a good win. God, are you so desperate to play up a victory over one of the worst teams in Division I? I turned it off at 19-3. Just an absolute meaningless win. You gained nothing from this other than knowing you can beat up on a tomato can.

I just don't understand the posters on this site.

And merry Christmas to all of you.

12/21/2013 4:30 pm  #10

St. Bonaventure and URI each beat them by 9 ... at home. They've also played Michigan and Cincinnati.

I'll take it.

12/21/2013 4:34 pm  #11

rittersdiner wrote:

Phildog wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

You have to be joking that this was a good win. God, are you so desperate to play up a victory over one of the worst teams in Division I? I turned it off at 19-3. Just an absolute meaningless win. You gained nothing from this other than knowing you can beat up on a tomato can.

Sometimes you have to look past the score and the opponent. We got Micah Mason back healthy, and the Dukes pick up 27 assists on their 33 baskets made. And as I said above, four teams "better than us" (at least on paper) scheduled these guys, including Michigan.

Listen, go home, slap your wife and kids around, kick your dog, and you'll feel better about yourself.

12/21/2013 4:37 pm  #12

3 good halves of basketball in a row.  Let's hope they keep coming.

12/21/2013 4:55 pm  #13

ElDuque wrote:

rittersdiner wrote:

Phildog wrote:

Sometimes you have to look past the score and the opponent. We got Micah Mason back healthy, and the Dukes pick up 27 assists on their 33 baskets made. And as I said above, four teams "better than us" (at least on paper) scheduled these guys, including Michigan.

Listen, go home, slap your wife and kids around, kick your dog, and you'll feel better about yourself.

I take my Merry Christmas wish back from you.

12/21/2013 4:59 pm  #14

Well, I do wish you a Merry Christmas anyway. 

12/21/2013 5:18 pm  #15

12/21/2013 7:43 pm  #16

I counted seven national championship team trophies in UML's case.  The sports ranged from cross country. basketball, field hockey to ice hockey-all Division II.  I also saw their Frozen Four banner from Pittsburgh.  UML was not very good today, but they will gradually get better in the coming years.  The Dukes looked good.  I did not see any of the things I've read about, no Coulter hoisting up threes, or out of control drives to the basket.  In fact the Dukes had only one fast break basket and that was on a fast inbounds pass after a UML basket.  All players played.  It was a good day.

12/21/2013 8:11 pm  #17

Bilgy wrote:

I counted seven national championship team trophies in UML's case.  The sports ranged from cross country. basketball, field hockey to ice hockey-all Division II.  I also saw their Frozen Four banner from Pittsburgh.  UML was not very good today, but they will gradually get better in the coming years.  The Dukes looked good.  I did not see any of the things I've read about, no Coulter hoisting up threes, or out of control drives to the basket.  In fact the Dukes had only one fast break basket and that was on a fast inbounds pass after a UML basket.  All players played.  It was a good day.

Did the lady in the high heels with the microphone look as good in person as she did online?

12/21/2013 8:27 pm  #18

She was fine!  By the way, the fellow who posted on this board that UML is named for Lowell Wichert was totally wrong.

12/22/2013 7:05 am  #19

Bilgy wrote:

She was fine!  By the way, the fellow who posted on this board that UML is named for Lowell Wichert was totally wrong.

Not Lowell Wichert ... Lowell from Wings.

12/22/2013 7:48 am  #20

ElDuque wrote:

Bilgy wrote:

UM, that was a joke.

12/22/2013 8:12 am  #21

Everyone from Tucson to Tucumcari knows it was named after Lowell George.

12/22/2013 2:42 pm  #22

rittersdiner wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Bilgy wrote:

UM, that was a joke.

Right. Play along with us. :o)

12/22/2013 2:43 pm  #23

VBC wrote:

I know a U.S. born, highly educated, high-ranking executive who pronounces the Arizona city "Tuck-son."

12/22/2013 6:00 pm  #24

ElDuque wrote:

VBC wrote:

I know a U.S. born, highly educated, high-ranking executive who pronounces the Arizona city "Tuck-son."

Lol.  Someone @ my work calls it Tuck son too.

Board footera