Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/09/2023 11:30 am  #1

Not much happening in recruiting?

Early Signing period runs until Nov 15.  I’ve noticed a number of guys signing in the last few days, but nothing announced yet for Duquesne.   The team will lose their only reliable scorers after the season; so they will need proven scorers to be competitive next year.  It’s not likely they can get prep guys to step into that role so quickly, so I’m assuming the plan is to again try to fill these important positions through the portal.  The staff will need to bring in multiple guys who know how to score at this level if they intend on  competing in the A-10.  We have seen many opponents come into the Coop with guys who are skilled scorers who have sometimes given us fits.  It’s essential to see those kinds of guys wearing a Dukes uniform next season.

11/11/2023 10:24 am  #2

Re: Not much happening in recruiting?

Great point Levon and I was wondering the same thing.  Our bigs (Burre and Dixon) should be even better with a year of seasoning, and I think we will be ok at the forward spot with our Euro guys, although more depth and talent will be necessary at the 3, 4 and 5, but as you note replacing Clark and Dae Dae is no easy task.  We do need some experienced talent to come in and be able to give us what Tre and Dae Dae give us, but my fear is that is easier said then done.  The portal may be the answer, but time will tell.  With all of the seniors and 5th years on our roster I would like to hear some good news during the signing period.  

11/14/2023 11:16 am  #3

Couldn't agree more with the above posts. Losing 6 portal transfers I believe along with Tre. Some are among the best players that we've seen on the bluff. Will not be an easy task to replace them. Will need to bring in at the very least four solid portal players who can all contribute along with those who remain.

11/14/2023 7:02 pm  #4

I like what I’ve seen of Jakub Necas.  He has great length for a skilled player.  He has a very high ceiling and assuming he plays at Duquesne next year, he’ll be a major building block  moving forward.  This guy can be very good!

Board footera