Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/21/2013 9:58 am  #1

Out for blood ...

WVU women's team is apparently pumped up for its game against Duquesne, because we pummeled them last year. Of course, even after that we were snubbed by the NCAA Tournament committee and they got in with fewer wins.

Go figure.

I hope Duquesne wins by 20 and Wumi and Orsi are sharing laughs on the bench with 10 minutes left in the game.

12/21/2013 10:43 am  #2

Re: Out for blood ...

Yep. Duquesne beat Delaware, too, on the road, so that's 2 NCAA tournament teams.  I get sick of how the big conferences rule college sports to their own advantage.  I had to laugh a couple of years ago when the complicit media stopped calling 'em the BCS conferences & started referring to 'em as the Power 6 conferences when they were talking about basketball.  Do they think we're so stupid that we won't figure out it's the same conferences?

I'll be there this afternoon, looking forward to a good game.

12/21/2013 12:34 pm  #3

Officer Dribble wrote:

Yep. Duquesne beat Delaware, too, on the road, so that's 2 NCAA tournament teams.  I get sick of how the big conferences rule college sports to their own advantage.  I had to laugh a couple of years ago when the complicit media stopped calling 'em the BCS conferences & started referring to 'em as the Power 6 conferences when they were talking about basketball.  Do they think we're so stupid that we won't figure out it's the same conferences?

I'll be there this afternoon, looking forward to a good game.

Delaware was missing their superstar, so you can't take too much from that. Plus I believe it was on a neutral court. They smoked us here later in the year, whicj basicallyminimized any benefit from the first game.

12/21/2013 1:19 pm  #4

We beat them at AJP without Delle-Donne.  They beat us back neutral with her by 15ish.

12/21/2013 2:06 pm  #5

rogabee wrote:

We beat them at AJP without Delle-Donne.  They beat us back neutral with her by 15ish.

That is correct Rogabee; I saw the game at Palumbo when we beat Delaware.  The loss did occur on a neutral court in a tournament.  Della Donne played in the second game

12/21/2013 5:11 pm  #6

Thanks for those clarifications about Delaware. In my old age I need to look things up before I post rather than relying on an increasingly-failing memory. I did remember that Delle Donne didn't play in the game we won, but still, I belive the selection committees still should see that as a quality win, without concerning themselves with who played & who didn't? In any event, I'm sure we all agree that Duquesne belonged in the NCAA tourney last year, the suprisingly quick exit from the NIT notwithstanding.

Exciting 88-80 loss today. The furious comeback was too little, too late. WVU played good defense & their height was hard to deal with. Orsi had a rough day today.  A more typical performance from her & maybe we squeak out a win.

Board footera