Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/19/2023 5:06 pm  #1

Dukes face Youngstown State in Playoffs

Round 1⃣ of the @NCAA_FCS Championship is set.

🏈 at Youngstown State
🗓️ Saturday (Nov. 25)
⌚️ 5 PM
📰 bit.ly/3MPoBpF

#GoDukes

Winner faces #8 Villanova.

11/19/2023 7:44 pm  #2

Re: Dukes face Youngstown State in Playoffs

The winner to face #8 seed Villanova.   Of the 8 seeded teams that received a bye that is the lowest seed.   

So if I’m reading this correctly we were one place away from receiving a home first round game.   That surprises me but congrats!

11/19/2023 9:52 pm  #3

Not exactly DuqBlue. Because of the increased travel costs of football, geography plays a bigger role than straight seeding. Obviously the top 8 are seeded and placed on the bracket, but after that they try to match up by proximity as much as is practical. We weren’t going to get a bye or home game because of our schedule. The specifics of where we play don’t have any relevance, but worked out about as well as could be hoped.

11/20/2023 4:25 pm  #4

luckymcd wrote:

Not exactly DuqBlue. Because of the increased travel costs of football, geography plays a bigger role than straight seeding. Obviously the top 8 are seeded and placed on the bracket, but after that they try to match up by proximity as much as is practical. We weren’t going to get a bye or home game because of our schedule. The specifics of where we play don’t have any relevance, but worked out about as well as could be hoped.

Thank you.  That’s makes sense.  Especially when I looked at some of the teams I thought were below us.

11/24/2023 11:05 am  #5

Dukes +21.5 sounds lime a pretty good bet to me.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

Board footera