Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2023 10:25 pm  #1

Amazing Performance at the Cooper Center

Dukes beat Kent State 89-82 in Double Overtime -  Megan played the ENTIRE 50 minutes --  20 points 13 rebounds 7 assists and 2 steals.

Several other players had nice games --  

12/12/2023 10:50 am  #2

Re: Amazing Performance at the Cooper Center

Sometimes this team really leaves me scratching my head... But the games have been fun to attend especially when they keep providing OT and double OT entertainment!

12/12/2023 6:18 pm  #3

I think they have more talent this year, and can play with different lineups and give different looks to the opponent making them more difficult to defend and less predictable.  They definitely have more pieces to play with, so it's just a matter of finding the right combinations for the opponent.

12/14/2023 10:59 am  #4

As I understand graduation is being set up... but a non-streamed game at 11 AM on a Thursday morning at La Roche College is a bit ridiculous

12/14/2023 12:57 pm  #5

Well I bet a dozen or so people or so got to watch, but Tess Myers just dropped 11 3 pointers going 11/16 from deep for 35 points total. That would beat the record for most threes made in a game for the men but I am unsure about the women. From previous experience at La Roche, I'm in awe that many threes were made by everybody combined that has played in there this week.

12/14/2023 1:09 pm  #6

BluffHunter wrote:

Well I bet a dozen or so people or so got to watch, but Tess Myers just dropped 11 3 pointers going 11/16 from deep for 35 points total. That would beat the record for most threes made in a game for the men but I am unsure about the women. From previous experience at La Roche, I'm in awe that many threes were made by everybody combined that has played in there this week.

Zac Weiss has confirmed on X that it is indeed a program record

12/14/2023 3:44 pm  #7

Just to add --  Final was 89-69 --  DU was up 25-4 after first quarter --  Going forward team needs Tess to shoot well -  although today's numbers are indeed extraordinary.

12/14/2023 5:06 pm  #8

SkepticAl wrote:

Just to add --  Final was 89-69 --  DU was up 25-4 after first quarter --  Going forward team needs Tess to shoot well -  although today's numbers are indeed extraordinary.

I mentioned to my friend Ed that we lost the final 3 quarters as the clock was winding down.  I was hoping we'd have continued expanding the lead which was up to 32 at one point but no complaints from me.  It was great to see so many players who will need contributions from going forward get significant minutes.  Things got a little rough during the 4th but that will help it be smoother for those players later.

What a game from Tess!  She seemed to be doubting herself early this season as her shots weren't falling as they usually do.  Then during the halftime shoot around against Kent State I noticed her hitting at a really high rate.  She was on for the second half and without her scoring we would have lost.  Today I arrived just as Tess hit her first shot to put the Dukes up 3-0.  My friend Ed told me that she was pouring them in during the shoot around and that this could be a big day for her.  Boy, was he right!  I'm so glad that I put work aside and went to the game today!  New school records don't come around too often!

Board footera