Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/12/2023 8:29 pm  #1

Ticket against Bradley

Anyone know if you can actually go to the Bradley game?

Was trying to find a way to buy tickets and do a quick road trip but with it being a high school gym I don’t know if possible.

12/13/2023 8:02 am  #2

Re: Ticket against Bradley

Bsduq2008 wrote:

Anyone know if you can actually go to the Bradley game?

Was trying to find a way to buy tickets and do a quick road trip but with it being a high school gym I don’t know if possible.

In the past when I went there it was no charge for tickets
This year good question?
I would think a call to  Duquesne would answer that!
It’s really a great atmosphere hopefully to our advantage
The gym is first class for a high school
Hope you can make it!
Go Dukes

12/13/2023 8:51 am  #3

Call the Duquesne Ticket office.

12/13/2023 11:40 am  #4

I called the ticket  office today,game starts at 7 pm and tickets are free.Ticket office said getting to game early
would probably be a good idea.Never been up there ,Does anyone know if game has drawn alot of people?

12/13/2023 11:57 am  #5

stew wrote:

I called the ticket  office today,game starts at 7 pm and tickets are free.Ticket office said getting to game early
would probably be a good idea.Never been up there ,Does anyone know if game has drawn alot of people?

I've never been up there but I think this season is the year I will

12/13/2023 1:48 pm  #6

stew wrote:

stew, from talking to fans that have attended, I understand that they have never filled more than half of the LeBron James Arena.  Should be no issue getting in the door.

12/13/2023 1:55 pm  #7

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

stew wrote:

stew, from talking to fans that have attended, I understand that they have never filled more than half of the LeBron James Arena.  Should be no issue getting in the door.

I agree no problem on tickets but fans are very vocal there and close to the floor. Dambrot has a lot of family and friends that attend. Plus aren’t we undefeated there lol

12/15/2023 11:16 am  #8

Side note: Bradley (6-3) will be hosting Cleveland State (6-5) 8PM tonight on ESPN+. Should be a good preview of what to expect. CSU has won all their home games and lost all their away games. Time corrected.

Last edited by MikeR (12/15/2023 7:33 pm)

12/15/2023 1:36 pm  #9

Yahoo! Another game played in Akron that remote Dukes fans can't watch. This is the only game on the entire schedule that is not available to be enjoyed on television or a streaming service.

At least the coach can get his ego stroked up close & personal by his friends & family while telling everybody how awesome an experience it is for the players to see the unbelievable work being done by LeBron at "his" I Promise school.

(The players would get more real world education by about learning how LeBron has gotten much good done while having invested close to zero personal monies in the school & realizing a PR windfall.)

Screw the fans out of a home game/telecast, promote LeBron, & reward a moderately successful coach with an annual game in his home town that is nice & close to 2 former employers. Only Duquesne would see this is as a productive marketing ploy.

12/15/2023 6:35 pm  #10

This game has meaning in that Coach and players visit the LeBron school as a give back and play in his community as a thank you. Went to a couple of these games. It is a worthwhile endeavor built in the Duquesne tradition of servant leadership. Sacrificing the stream for one game is fine.

12/15/2023 7:48 pm  #11

Don't you think there are dozens of schools in and around Pittsburgh that are in far greater need than the I Promise school that, by its very nature, gets so much ready-made funding & cool student experiences? Why not do something at one of those schools each year as a fundraiser in the community that DU serves?

Who exactly is this annual trip a give back & thank you to; LeBron, KD,the I Promise School, City of Akron?

12/15/2023 8:00 pm  #12

12/15/2023 8:35 pm  #13

What is your point?

12/15/2023 8:46 pm  #14

phil95 wrote:

What is your point?

Phil Merry Christmas. Looking at City Dukes post outstanding. Why are you so negative & angry. Have another drink my friend. It’s a wonderful time of the year.😇

12/15/2023 10:08 pm  #15

Don’t you guys realize how small amount of the population are Duquesne Dukes fans.. and you wanna argue with each other about stupid sh*t. 

On another note Bradley lost to Cleveland State. Hopefully it’s not a hard out Monday.

Last edited by BluffHunter (12/15/2023 10:52 pm)

12/16/2023 8:32 am  #16

BluffHunter wrote:

Don’t you guys realize how small amount of the population are Duquesne Dukes fans.. and you wanna argue with each other about stupid sh*t.

On another note Bradley lost to Cleveland State. Hopefully it’s not a hard out Monday.

Argue.??? Did you watch the joy on the players faces when the opened their gifts. Sorry noting the video & the players reaction is not a stupid s..t post or silly argument.

12/16/2023 9:13 am  #17

I have no issue with the Akron game other than not being able to watch it, but Phil95 does bring up a good point.  Why not do this in Pittsburgh, the community you “serve?”  Trying to build a fan base here aren’t we?  I think somebody creative could partner with some ex players and a high school in our community and Duquesne could  benefit from the good PR.  Other 500-750 die hard DU fans, do you think anybody else in Pittsburgh knows this is happening? I can’t disagree with the points raised on that front.

12/16/2023 11:39 am  #18

The video of the players receiving the swag is great in several different ways.

However, it was posted in a thread discussing the annual trip to Akron & addressed to me specifically; presumably as rebuttal to my  voicing my disdain for & confusion as to why this trip happens.

I'll ask more clearly. What does that cool video have to do with why DU plays a game in Akron every year that is not a known fundraiser for any cause, is not played at the I Promise school, & is played at a high school for which the Dukes current coach worked 20+ years ago in a community without a DU fan base or that provides a strstegic recruiting advantage?

12/16/2023 12:46 pm  #19

It is simple. Without LeBron James KD would not have had a college coaching career. KD has said this many times. He would not have been an Akron HOF coach, and would never have been hired at DU. It is his way of acknowledging what James has meant to him and giving back. It is my understanding that this annual game was written in as a condition of his contract. As some may recall, before Dambrot was hired DU was a joke and nobody wanted to risk their career to come here. This to me was a small accommodation in the scope of where we were.

While I also wish this game could be streamed, hoeever, the the Lebron connection is not without benefit to Duquesne as some would have you believe. Just the positive PR value of several million sports fan on Twitter seeing him tweets about Duquesne, Dambrot and Joyce far outweighs the cost of taking a bus ride to Akron.

Hope that helps answer your questions.

12/16/2023 1:04 pm  #20

CLK wrote:

It is simple. Without LeBron James KD would not have had a college coaching career. He has said this many times. He would not have been an Air HOF coach, and would never have been hired at DU. It is his way of acknowledging what James has meant to him and giving back. It is my understanding that this annual game was written in as a condition of his contract. As some may recall, before Dambrot was hired DU was a joke and nobody wanted to risk their career yo come here. This to me was a small accommodation in the scope of where we were.

While I also wish thus game could be streamed, the the Lebron connection is not without benefit to Duquesne as some would have you believe. Just the positive PR value of several million sports fan on Twitter seeing him tweets ok Duquesne, Dambrot and James far outweighs the cost of taking a bus ride to Akron.

Hope that helps answer your questions.

It does but, why isn't the game at the I Promise school & a fundraiser for the school? That, at least to me, seems a thank you to LeBron. Maybe I Promise doesn't have an adequate facility? Maybe, because I Promise is a public school the district won't allow it?

The program's association with LeBron is significant to the audience that matters most to overall success; recruits. I would never debate that.

Board footera