Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/18/2023 8:14 am  #1

Mahorcic

Article on Mahorcic in today's Trib.  Williams will play tonight

https://triblive.com/category/sports/college/duquesne/

12/18/2023 9:11 am  #2

Re: Mahorcic

That is a really good article by Dave Mackall. Great view into the team dynamics and relationship with Dambrot. Interesting reasons why Dusan came to Duquesne; can’t wait to see him play. I’m hoping he’s the final piece to get the Dukes to the NCAA’s.

12/18/2023 11:49 am  #3

A healthy Mahorcic would be a very exciting development. 20-25 minutes a game of mature, physical, & polished post play is a tantalizing prospect.

Watching Chabi develop through experience is nice. Dixon's awesome energy & potential is even better. However, the Dukes haven't put a center of Mahorcic's size & strength on the court since.....

12/18/2023 1:02 pm  #4

Great article by Mac👍The first issue will be Dusans game shape & skill upon his return. If he can lose any rust by the end of January good for the Dukes playoff run. Second point is of course the gorilla in the room? His knee. If his medical condition holds up the Dukes have the best 4&5 depth in the A10. Will the aircraft carrier as Mack noted in his story be the USS ENTERPRISE or the USS YORKTOWN.(see Wikipedia battle of Midway) Time will tell my friends.

12/18/2023 1:24 pm  #5

Ironduke81 wrote:

Great article by Mac👍The first issue will be Dusans game shape & skill upon his return. If he can lose any rust by the end of January good for the Dukes playoff run. Second point is of course the gorilla in the room? His knee. If his medical condition holds up the Dukes have the best 4&5 depth in the A10. Will the aircraft carrier as Mack noted in his story be the USS ENTERPRISE or the USS YORKTOWN.(see Wikipedia battle of Midway) Time will tell my friends.

12/18/2023 2:08 pm  #6

Ironduke81 wrote:

The positive for the Dukes is, this team can be fine without Dusan.  Chabi, Dixon, Tre, Savrasov can handle the load if necessary.  Dusan makes the Dukes dynamic. Other seasons relied on a guy like Dusan staying healthy. I think the Dukes will take what they can get out of Dusan without having to ride him and maybe in a limited role he will be the difference maker

12/20/2023 10:37 am  #7

According to a tweet by Tristan Freeman, Dusan may play this weekend against Santa Clara. I'm not sure if this is new, as Dave Mackall, a few days ago reported in his article that there was a chance he could be back for that game.

https://twitter.com/hoopsnut351/status/1737486199428637043?t=W3TGMJG9G3ojnh1pTaLrPw&s=19

12/20/2023 10:48 am  #8

Uss Dusan Mahorcic Cvan #1,nuclear Powered Attack Aircraft Carrier,homeport
Duquesne University. Man Your Battle Station,shipmates  Prepare  For Victory!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/20/2023 11:14 am  #9

It was rumored he could possibly play against Santa Clara but more realistically Cleary. Dambrot also said something along those lines in a press conference not too long ago. The news today is that Mahorcic posted on his instagram this morning with "0 is back" in the caption as seen in Tristan Freeman's tweet linked above. He can be a big factor Saturday even in limited time and I'm excited to see him take the court in a Dukes jersey!

12/20/2023 12:11 pm  #10

Dusan has been watching practice since October. I would assume that he spent time on the foul line & 3 point line. I would expect 80% on the foul line. My buddy an NC State fan told me he can shoot 3’s. I do however suspect that he may show rust on the low blocks. If he rebounds the Dukes are DEEP. Good news Dambrot can slowly get him into game shape thanks to the improvement by both Chabi & Dixon. Don’t forget about T. Williams experience👍

12/20/2023 12:15 pm  #11

Could be just what the doctor ordered!  As much improvement as we've seen from Chabi and Dixon and even with a slim and trim Tre, I need to see something from Dusan and soon. He could be the difference maker down the line especially when A-10 tournament time rolls around! 

12/22/2023 10:53 am  #12

I would expect having Dusan in the lineup will help the Dukes in a couple of their weak areas.  First, the opponents are grabbing way too many offensive rebounds vs. the Dukes. In addition to the second chance opportunity, these are demoralizing to the defense since they forced a missed shot and didn't get the ball.  Second, the Dukes surprisingly have had a lot of shots blocked by the opponents.  Having Dusan should help to create some additional space inside for our guards driving to the hoop; and he should be a strong finisher himself.

The other area that needs to be shored up is the three point shooting by Dae Dae and to a lesser extent, Jimmy Clark.  Right now, Dae Dae is only shooting 31.3% from 3 - on track for a career low. He's a career 37.0% 3 point shooter and last year he topped 40% (40.3%).  That 3 needs to start to fall for Dae Dae on a more frequent basis for the Dukes to reach their potential.  Jimmy is shooting 30.9% from 3, a few ticks down from last year's 34.2%.

Board footera