Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2024 11:33 am  #1

Dayton plays at Loyola tonight Mar.1 at 9pm on ESPN+

Should be a very good game. Both are 12-3 in A-10 play.

3/01/2024 10:47 pm  #2

Re: Dayton plays at Loyola tonight Mar.1 at 9pm on ESPN+

Good game. Glad to showcase some good A-10 ball on national TV. 

3/01/2024 10:53 pm  #3

DuqLaw95 wrote:

Agree. It's a battle. Loyola looks better then I thought.

3/01/2024 11:07 pm  #4

NapaDuke wrote:

DuqLaw95 wrote:

Agree. It's a battle. Loyola looks better then I thought.

If Loyola wins this game I could see them getting an at-large. Really Richmond could realistically get an at-large too. That would be great for the A-10. 

3/02/2024 7:31 am  #5

Sadly, neither of those teams are even under consideration due to their NET and KenPom rankings.  Incredibly agree Dayton who now sits at #21, in the NET, the next A-10 team can’t be found until (wait for it) St. Bonaventure at #68.  Yes, the same team that lost two games to Duquesne is ranked higher than Richmond ast #71, and Loyola-Chicago at 94..  KenPom rankings are not much more friendly to the A-10. 
Unfortunately, no other A-10 teams are even close, and that shows how tough they’ve made it to be “in the conversation” for a bid unless you are P-5.

3/02/2024 11:09 am  #6

levon1975 wrote:

Sadly, neither of those teams are even under consideration due to their NET and KenPom rankings. Incredibly agree Dayton who now sits at #21, in the NET, the next A-10 team can’t be found until (wait for it) St. Bonaventure at #68. Yes, the same team that lost two games to Duquesne is ranked higher than Richmond ast #71, and Loyola-Chicago at 94.. KenPom rankings are not much more friendly to the A-10.
Unfortunately, no other A-10 teams are even close, and that shows how tough they’ve made it to be “in the conversation” for a bid unless you are P-5.

Check out the web site "CBS NCAABB" bracketology. It had Richmond at a 12 seat in the west and Dayton as a seventh seat in the south.It shows at the top, updated March 2. My guess is this is just projecting, but just maybe 2 do get in.  

3/04/2024 7:02 am  #7

I don’t know if they treat the NET  rankings as gospel, or have some flexibility to select a team like Richmond.  It would probably still be safer to have Richmond win the tournament and Dayton come in second.  Dayton has the much higher NET Ranking and should still get a bid as long as they can win a few more games.

3/04/2024 8:22 am  #8

levon1975 wrote:

I don’t know if they treat the NET rankings as gospel, or have some flexibility to select a team like Richmond. It would probably still be safer to have Richmond win the tournament and Dayton come in second. Dayton has the much higher NET Ranking and should still get a bid as long as they can win a few more games.

The NET ranking was created distinctly for the committee to use for the tournament, but they treat it as anything but gospel. In fact I think they actually used the RPI, which it replaced, even more. I'll do you one better in the A-10 tourney. How about we beat Dayton in the semis and Richmond in the final. Maybe we get 3 teams in and the Dukes are one!

3/04/2024 3:30 pm  #9

That would be a dream scenario for Dukes fans!  I don’t know if my heart could take the stress of those games!

Last edited by levon1975 (3/04/2024 3:31 pm)

Board footera