Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2014 7:12 pm  #1

Something funny from the Bonnie board

While discussing the women's game someone asked if there was homecooking. One answer was there's always home cooking at Duquesne going back to the 1950 football game where even the refs were tackling our guys. Anyone around who remembers that game?

1/04/2014 11:38 am  #2

Re: Something funny from the Bonnie board

Since Duquesne abandoned football during WWII (http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091402aaa.html), someone on that board is either delusional or lying. Up to WWII, Duquesne was a national powerhouse in the sport, and would not have needed a ref's help to beat a program like St. Bonaventure. 

1/04/2014 1:21 pm  #3

Duquesne played football through 1950. Many teams didn't play during the war. The program started up again after the war, but without a stadium, it was too expensive to continue. The postwar teams were not very good. As for Bona, they had some good teams way back when, so it's not like we were playing St. Francis.

1/04/2014 1:57 pm  #4

I stand corrected ... but I still doubt the Bonnie poster.  

1/05/2014 6:42 am  #5

The game was fairly called.  Zachary Klein IMO is the fairest and best ref to do A-10 games (I've watched him on video quite a bit in addition to watching our games at home and on the road and he's called very good and fair games), and he was there.  The other two female refs also did a quality job.

Sure Katie Healy's third foul was a bit tick-tacky, but IMO so was Wumi's fourth.  Both sat for long stretches in foul trouble.  The refs called the game very tight, which favored the Dukes as the Dukes bench vastly outplayed the Bona bench.  A looser called game up in Olean may spell trouble for Duquesne.

Note:  Both teams were probably fouling similar, and fouls called were 23-22 in favor of the Dukes before Bona started fouling in the last 30 seconds of the game.

1/05/2014 1:12 pm  #6

I've been to a lot of Duquesne home games and I don't ever remember feeling we homered some team. If anything thing it's the other way around.

1/05/2014 4:59 pm  #7

I spent four years at the school thinking we got screwed most of the time.

Board footera