Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2024 2:31 pm  #1

Anybody know the place and time for Drus press conference?

I would like to drive over to watch Dru be introduced as the 18th head coach at Duquesne.Any information
would be extremely welcome.Thank you. Happy Easter.

3/31/2024 4:53 pm  #2

Re: Anybody know the place and time for Drus press conference?

Duquesne was supposed to announce a time today and I am waiting for that announcement impatiently.

3/31/2024 5:42 pm  #3

Stew, stop being so impatient. Keep your shirt on!

Sorry I couldn't resist the dad joke. I too am anxious to know when the introductory press conference will be.

4/01/2024 7:12 am  #4

stew wrote:

I would like to drive over to watch Dru be introduced as the 18th head coach at Duquesne.Any information
would be extremely welcome.Thank you. Happy Easter.

Stew you are a super fan driving what I assume is a great distance. Shoo Shoo Rah Rah . Your the man Stew👍

4/01/2024 7:13 am  #5

I read (DK Pittsburgh Sports) that it is Monday (today) at Noon in the Student Union.

Last edited by Mulder (4/01/2024 7:21 am)

4/01/2024 10:27 am  #6

Here's the YouTube Link to the Press Conference today at noon.

https://www.youtube.com/live/NSUeEGDv8WM

4/01/2024 11:35 am  #7

is anybody else struggling to hear this?

4/01/2024 11:55 am  #8

yes phil very difficult to hear.  Thought is was my laptop but.............
Great presser.  What a humble, thoughtful and well spoken guy.  Congratulation Coach Dru!  
Gonna be interesting and fun.  Let's go Druquesne!

4/01/2024 12:01 pm  #9

I thought Dave Harper's comment on talking to a potential recruit this weekend with Dru was very intriguing.

4/01/2024 12:17 pm  #10

CLK wrote:

I thought Dave Harper's comment on talking to a potential recruit this weekend with Dru was very intriguing.

Yeah I caught that too - very interesting.  And I believe Harper said it is something we would get really excited about.  It was  an interesting line

4/01/2024 12:23 pm  #11

I couldnt make it to the presser,so I watched  and was imoressed by Dru and Dave.Good luck Drew and to
the Dukes.

4/01/2024 12:31 pm  #12

I attached an external speaker & now can hear!

Super funny when Harper told his anecdote about Dru getting KD to play zone at URI. I knew it had to be him!

4/01/2024 1:23 pm  #13

Coach Drew did very well.  He came across as humble, thoughtful, and appreciative.  I especially like that he comes from a family of coaches. Let's Go Duquesne!

4/01/2024 1:40 pm  #14

PSA:  If you want to get a good sense of the current/future state of Duquesne Basketball, please take 45 minutes of so to watch this press conference.  The press conference starts at 8:30 of the YouTube video. You will hear remarks from Dave Harper, Ken Gormley and Dru Joyce III followed by a Q&A with Harper/Joyce. I think Duquesne basketball is in a very good place.

Introductory Press Conference for Head Coach Dru Joyce (youtube.com)

4/01/2024 2:31 pm  #15

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch it live, but having now watched the entire presser I'm excited for not just the past month, but also the future of Dukes basketball. I said many times over the past season that this team was as close knit a team as I'd ever seen. That love for teammates and coaches had a huge part to do with the success the team enjoyed over the last month. It's clear Dru had a lot to do with that, and there's no doubt that will continue. Hopefully he has the Xs and Os down too, because you can't win without that; but he's clearly an exceptional leader and the type of man you'd want leading the program. Congratulations Coach Dru and go Dukes!

4/01/2024 4:44 pm  #16

Who had on their bingo card that an incoming coach to DU would be this emotional at getting the opportunity?

Powerful stuff. LET'S GO DUKES!

4/01/2024 7:12 pm  #17

Face wrote:

Who had on their bingo card that an incoming coach to DU would be this emotional at getting the opportunity?

I know.   Really.   Just finished watching.   Very impressive.

Last edited by DuqBlue (4/01/2024 7:13 pm)

4/01/2024 7:37 pm  #18

Have such a good feeling where this program is going to go with Dru, Harper, and Gormley. Very impressed and excited. Let's get the best of the best in the portal. We have a solid base with Dixon, Rozier, Necas, DiMichelle, Barre, Nicholls, and Hronsky. Add 3 or 4 solid portal transfers and the incoming freshmen. Lots to be excited about.

4/01/2024 8:31 pm  #19

DuqBlue wrote:

Face wrote:

I know. Really. Just finished watching. Very impressive.

Yeah man. These last few weeks have brought a lot of tears to my eyes. The ride to get to the tourney and the win against BYU just wow. Just these interviews alone. I'll love Dambrot forever and Dru just gets it. Exciting to be a Dukes fan these days and for years to come. Go Dukes all day its our time!

4/01/2024 9:26 pm  #20

I guess you could say that Dru Joyce is ‘super  low-key’ and maybe question whether or not he could generate the enthusiasm that a successful program needs.   Listening to him however, he’s the kind of coach you might want your own kids to receive mentorship from.  The low-key approach also may stabilize the detrimental adrenaline rushes that college age kids might generate on and off the court.  Going back to some of the old WWII war stories, and battlefield preparation – there was always a lot of talk about the value of the quietly confident platoon leaders & squad leaders instilling success in the troops on the eve of going into action.   The guy is well spoken—  

4/01/2024 11:18 pm  #21

What a fascinating contrast of tones & styles there was between KD's & DJ's respective introductory press conferences. KD was masterful in his ability to inspire & enthuse a depressed fan base. DJ's sincerity & sober confidence sure made me think the train will keep rolling in all the right directions.

I still can't say that I am totally sold on the idea of a first time coach at this most opportune & critical time for the program but, I am now sure that KJ is a good hire that I am excited to support.

Last edited by phil95 (4/01/2024 11:21 pm)

Board footera