Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2024 12:11 pm  #1

4/02/2024 12:49 pm  #2

Re: Keep The Core & The Dukes Will Roar

Excellent news!

Necas, Jake, Dixon, & Rozier are definitely staying. I also have it on very good authority that Barba is staying. C'mon Hronsky, Chabi, & Nicholls; make it clean sweep. (Did I miss anyone?)

One bit of troublesome info is that the person that confirmed that Barba will stay also said emphatically that DJ will not play Andy but did/could not elaborate as to why. Barba has 3 years of remaining eligibility & was a good signing out of prep school/before getting healthy. I hope this great kid gets fair & ample opportunities to prove himself.

I think that DJ will need to bring in 3-4, high quality, A-10 starter level players to keep the train rolling. I hope that the holdovers are prepared to work like mad on their own development over the next 7 months so competition for playing time is intense among 10 or 11 guys.

I also hope that the team does not have 16-18 players again. I think that is bad news as far as a building a reputation for being the place that recruits over the top of players without regard to promises made.

4/02/2024 7:52 pm  #3

phil95 wrote:

Excellent news!

Necas, Jake, Dixon, & Rozier are definitely staying. I also have it on very good authority that Barba is staying. C'mon Hronsky, Chabi, & Nicholls; make it clean sweep. (Did I miss anyone?)

One bit of troublesome info is that the person that confirmed that Barba will stay also said emphatically that DJ will not play Andy but did/could not elaborate as to why. Barba has 3 years of remaining eligibility & was a good signing out of prep school/before getting healthy. I hope this great kid gets fair & ample opportunities to prove himself.

I think that DJ will need to bring in 3-4, high quality, A-10 starter level players to keep the train rolling. I hope that the holdovers are prepared to work like mad on their own development over the next 7 months so competition for playing time is intense among 10 or 11 guys.

I also hope that the team does not have 16-18 players again. I think that is bad news as far as a building a reputation for being the place that recruits over the top of players without regard to promises made.

This could be a big year for Hronsky. He is likely a forward to replace Drame with size and skill. on a tall team. If I were him, I would not risk starting over.  Barba will get way more time on the court at DU then going out in the portal. 

4/02/2024 8:12 pm  #4

NapaDuke wrote:

phil95 wrote:

Excellent news!

This could be a big year for Hronsky. He is likely a forward to replace Drame with size and skill. on a tall team. If I were him, I would not risk starting over.  Barba will get way more time on the court at DU then going out in the portal. 

Necas is the key. A 6 foot 10 inch guard/forward who is still growing (might be a 7 footer when it's all said and done) has the highest ceiling than any young Duquesne player i've ever seen. A future NBA player. I like Hronsky as well, and Dixon, Dimichelle, Barre, Rozier, and Nicholls. Think Nicholl's has the potential to be a real star starting next year. Just need a few hidden gems in the portal and this team will dance again.

4/02/2024 8:14 pm  #5

Dixon, Necas, and Hronski on the court next year will make the Dukes big and talented inside. We do need some experienced guards from the portal to round out the team, but this core is a great start. 

Board footera