Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2024 6:41 pm  #1

4/02/2024 6:54 pm  #2

Re: Bronny James Will Enter The Portal

Probably a given since his coach was leaving… still not trying to excite myself. Right. Right?

4/02/2024 6:56 pm  #3

Pretty interesting. I wonder is that the player Harper said would excite the faithful?

But again come on DRUquesne??

4/02/2024 7:20 pm  #4

Too late for me. I am already excited!

Brony could come here & be the man for both Duquesne & the A-10. 

4/02/2024 7:40 pm  #5

It could make or break Dru. I mean he would bring us a lot of attention and high level transfers, but he has to be coach-able, a team player,  play within Dru's way of playing. I would love the high level attention if he himself comes in here to contribute. If he came here and becomes a team player then everybody wins.

4/02/2024 9:11 pm  #6

4/02/2024 9:12 pm  #7

4/02/2024 9:25 pm  #8

I’ll do everybody one better. I have it on a very reliable source that Bryce James plans to visit Duquesne this summer. It is not out of the realm of possibilities that both Bronny and Bryce play a season together on the Bluff.

4/03/2024 2:50 am  #9

Wow....this could be HUGE!!!!!
Bronny James and Duqusene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cfIvNhQkus

https://fansided.com/posts/bronny-james-reportedly-entering-transfer-portal-3-destinations-for-lebron-s-son-01htgkct17y4

Go Dukes !!!

Last edited by CalDuke (4/03/2024 5:57 am)

4/03/2024 6:18 am  #10

4/03/2024 7:38 am  #11

4/03/2024 7:55 am  #12

I read he is.
I read he isnt, staying at USC.
I read he is opting out of college ball and signing a 2 way contract with the NBA minor leagues.
I read he is a shoe-in for Duquesne.
I read Penn St and Ohio St are in the lead for him(amazing how fast they took the lead).
Maybe LeBron said that because he already knows where he is going, and wants people to lay off his son???
Stay tuned!!!   :-))))

4/03/2024 8:45 am  #13

Incorrect about what?

I am just posting links to the information as it becomes available.

Clearly, definitive information is not available at this time.

While I am hyped about the possibility of Bronny joining his Uncle Druquesne, I would lean toward this not coming to fruition.

4/03/2024 11:04 am  #14

townsonkid wrote:

I read he is.
I read he is opting out of college ball and signing a 2 way contract with the NBA minor leagues.
I read Penn St and Ohio St are in the lead for him(amazing how fast they took the lead).
Maybe LeBron said that because he already knows where he is going, and wants people to lay off his son???

These are truly wild times for Duquesne fans. I feel like I am on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride following one story after another., Duquesne is all over the internet and the consensus appears to be that if he transfers, he will go to Duquesne.  i am like most of you, I think, I don't want to get my hopes up but it is exciting to contemplate.  This would be huge for Duquesne and the A10, and my biased personal opinion be a great move for Bronny to play for Dru.  Ultimately Bronny needs to do what is in his best interest.  I don't think any of us really understand the kind of pressure this young man is under.  

4/03/2024 11:24 am  #15

I have been wondering how his huge NIL sponsors would react to such a move. I believe he has millions of dollars in such agreements in addition to his personal Nike affiliation.

Has there been an example of such a high profile athlete with so many sponsorships that has changed schools in the NIL era? If so, did that athlete move from a school like USC to one like DU? I cannot imagine so. I hope the legal & financial logistics of such a "transaction" don't prevent Bronny from coming to Duquesne if that is what he wants to do.

Wild ride indeed....

CLK wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

I read he is.

These are truly wild times for Duquesne fans. I feel like I am on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride following one story after another., Duquesne is all over the internet and the consensus appears to be that if he transfers, he will go to Duquesne.  i am like most of you, I think, I don't want to get my hopes up but it is exciting to contemplate.  This would be huge for Duquesne and the A10, and my biased personal opinion be a great move for Bronny to play for Dru.  Ultimately Bronny needs to do what is in his best interest.  I don't think any of us really understand the kind of pressure this young man is under.  

4/03/2024 11:57 am  #16

The up side for Bronny to come here is we have all the other pieces of a high level team except in the guard positions. He would be on a team that will make his play easier because Dixon, Necas,Barre, Hronsky, Rozier, and Dimichelle already make a really good team next year. Plus Dru and these  players are already a tight group  as a team and likely more supportive of Bronny's development. Plus if he came to DU, the Coop would be rocking and bigger games would be played at the Pens arena. Very tempting for sure.

Last edited by NapaDuke (4/04/2024 8:41 am)

4/03/2024 12:57 pm  #17

phil95 wrote:

I have been wondering how his huge NIL sponsors would react to such a move. I believe he has millions of dollars in such agreements in addition to his personal Nike affiliation.

Has there been an example of such a high profile athlete with so many sponsorships that has changed schools in the NIL era? If so, did that athlete move from a school like USC to one like DU? I cannot imagine so. I hope the legal & financial logistics of such a "transaction" don't prevent Bronny from coming to Duquesne if that is what he wants to do.

Coach Prime with Jackson State and even Colorado are the only recent examples I can think of where you have such high profile players at smaller schools. But not a perfect comparison. I personally don't think that will be much of an issue. The NIL stuff is important but the James family has money and going to situation that fits his development is more important than going somewhere he can get a couple mil for 4 years only to have no prospect of a pro career after. Plus, he'll still retain marketability and NIL deals at Duquesne, maybe not quite as much at a big school but its still LeBron's son. And if Bronny comes with other major recruits and Duquesne suddenly becomes a national tv staple then NIL becomes even less of an issue. 

4/03/2024 10:04 pm  #18

Check out the article in USA TODAY ...  Ohio State is prominantley mentioned.  But then Duquesne is lurking in the background..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2024/04/03/bronny-james-usc-future-transfer-portal/73189388007/

check out Tag24 below...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/channel/source/TAG24%20NEWS/sr-vid-v7a7sxgy9p3q5jhg2y0eh90uad7g50gc0xxsx4s6y7yjfp20anva?cvid=1675e48be980451187080851bc8aa429&ei=73

Last edited by gjgsr (4/03/2024 10:20 pm)

Board footera