Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2024 11:48 am  #1

4/04/2024 11:59 am  #2

Re: Nicholls In The Portal

No surprise here. I would have liked to see more of him as a freshman but mostly understand why there were not more opportunities for him.

Good luck to him.

I would like to get some news indicating that Chabi is definitely staying. For a variety of reasons I think he is the other likely candidate to pull up stakes. I really want him to stay & thrive.

4/04/2024 12:01 pm  #3

Thanks CLK not really a surprise. I wish him well hopefully finds his niche.
Well one more scholarship open let’s hope we get some official visits soon.

4/04/2024 12:26 pm  #4

Wish him the best!

4/04/2024 1:02 pm  #5

phil95 wrote:

No surprise here. I would have liked to see more of him as a freshman but mostly understand why there were not more opportunities for him.

Good luck to him.

I would like to get some news indicating that Chabi is definitely staying. For a variety of reasons I think he is the other likely candidate to pull up stakes. I really want him to stay & thrive.

If I missed it I apologize, but I would have loved to hear from KD post game (Illinois) why Chabi got all that run and hardly any for Dusan.  I know it would not have affected the outcome but it seemed strange that the rotation pattern for the bigs was pretty consistent throughout the last 10 games and then, all the sudden in the final game, he gives Chabi a bunch of minutes.  The beat reporter should have gotten an explanation even amidst all the retirement questions etc. All that to say, Chabi really looked good in that game!  He showed a scoring touch I didn’t realize he had. I would love to see him develop at Duquesne.

4/04/2024 1:21 pm  #6

I wish him the best as well!  Looked good when he played and is a super athlete.  Hopefully, we do not see any more.  Really hoping we keep the core together.  Need to keep as much of this winning culture here as we can.

Anyone have updates on the staff?  Is DJ keeping everyone?

4/04/2024 1:28 pm  #7

Not really surprising. He's a very good player who got very little playing time, and basically none once the conference season started. Unfortunately in today's atmosphere there just isn't room for that. I would certainly take the team's development over anyone's personal development, but I would have liked to see him get more time. I suppose it's not over until he actually does transfer, but hopefully it's not anywhere we have to see him again. I don't want to be on he other side of a Jimmy vs. VCU kind of game.

As for Chabi, I think the coaching staff was throwing anything at the wall against Illinois. Unfortunately nothing really stuck. Chabi got his most play in a month because he was the best big man in that game (at least in a Dukes uniform). I don't think there were any ulterior motives, because I doubt one game would change two months of minimal playing time. I hope Barre is back, but don't really see him akin to Nicholls. Barre got the playing time I felt he deserved. If it wasn't enough to keep him happy and bring him back, then so be it.

4/04/2024 1:36 pm  #8

Lucky

I would agree with that assessment BUT he played before Dusan in the game. It wasn’t like Dusan was failing so he tried Chabi - Chabi played before Dusan. I found it strange at the time and waited for a reporter to ask and as far as I can tell, it never happened

I don’t believe Dusan played until the 2nd half

Last edited by Styles1229 (4/04/2024 1:38 pm)

4/04/2024 2:17 pm  #9

Hardly got to know Kailon Nichols.  Obviously the guy has some ability, but definitely needs to get stronger to play at this level. Since , we don’t have access to practice,  no idea about how he showed from day-to-day, but it’s clear that Coach Dru has to basically bring in a boat-load of talent, or this team will be looking at a very long season!

4/04/2024 2:21 pm  #10

Styles1229 wrote:

Lucky

I would agree with that assessment BUT he played before Dusan in the game. It wasn’t like Dusan was failing so he tried Chabi - Chabi played before Dusan. I found it strange at the time and waited for a reporter to ask and as far as I can tell, it never happened

I don’t believe Dusan played until the 2nd half

I think Dusan was assigned to Dainja for the Illinois game. The two checked in at the same time in both halves and Dusan went to the bench about the same time too. I was hoping a reporter would ask why Clark wasn't on Shannon, but the story was so good and the game so decisive that the game itself didn't really get much coverage, even in the postgame. 

4/04/2024 2:29 pm  #11

I suppose it is also possible that we are witnessing the after-effects of players being told that they should probably move on because there is not really an opportunity for them at DU. In these wild times, that is a reasonably honorable thing for a coaching staff to do.

I am not even kind of suggesting that this is what has happened. I am just saying it is possible.

It's not a big deal from an on-the-court standpoint, but I am truly shocked about the Any Barba news.

Board footera