Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2024 8:54 am  #1

4/10/2024 9:18 am  #2

Re: Official Visits This Weekend

Wowzers!!!!   That would be nice.   

4/10/2024 10:05 am  #3

4/10/2024 10:42 am  #4

Pretty sure Harper said we are recruiting a higher caliber of player after our success this year and if this is any indication of the possibilities I am pumped!!!  We just need to get a signing or two to build even more momentum.  All of these guys are players, with size, and we are still hot after some other guys (big names) as well.  Let's bring it home Dru!!!  Go Dukes!!!!

4/10/2024 11:25 am  #5

Outstanding news,cant wait for basketball season as Dukes on a roll

4/10/2024 1:44 pm  #6

Yes finally it’s going to be great weather here too at least on Saturday!
It would be like Christmas in April if any or hopefully all sign on!

4/10/2024 1:44 pm  #7

Have you ever felt this positivity about Duquesne? Only time was 1970 when Dukes ranked no.5 in Sports Illustrated preview of 69-70 Dukes and Ed Searcy signing with Dukes in spring 1970 .Searcy was regarded as the 2nd best high school player in country.

4/12/2024 11:29 am  #8

4/12/2024 11:59 am  #9

Wouldn't prefer Jashean Corbett over AJ Casey, Staton- McCrag and/or Maximus Edwards....  To be sure he is a tall (6'7 shooting guard) who generates points in the paint and lots of rebounds.  However he's not too prolific on 3 point shots (28.5%), assists and ball handling --nor foul shooting (.695%). 

Last edited by gjgsr (4/12/2024 12:00 pm)

4/12/2024 1:44 pm  #10

gjgsr wrote:

Wouldn't prefer Jashean Corbett over AJ Casey, Staton- McCrag and/or Maximus Edwards....  To be sure he is a tall (6'7 shooting guard) who generates points in the paint and lots of rebounds.  However he's not too prolific on 3 point shots (28.5%), assists and ball handling --nor foul shooting (.695%). 

Jahsean scores most of his points at the rim.  He really drives the ball and is a very good defender with many of his points coming in transitions.  I agree his three point shooting percentage is not good, but he doesn't take a lot of threes.  I think only one of four shots came from behind the arc yet he has managed to average 15 ppg.  I see him mostly as a SF or for us.  I would like to see us get all three of these guys.  

4/12/2024 3:37 pm  #11

I am not a snob about unconventional shooting form; particularly if the percentages are on point. However, this guy has a slow/funky release on perimeter shots that seems to explain his poor percentages from 3 & the FT line.

I like his size, rebounding, & ability to finish. The roster needs that for sure.

My first choice for transfers is always going to be players with multiple years of eligibility. I see that as another downside for Jahsean.

4/13/2024 6:54 am  #12

Ideally, I would prefer 2 A10 caliber guards with 2 or more years of eligibility remaining (see Dae Dae and Jimmy)  I would make an exception for Bronny 😀 or another player of that quality.

Having some sort of player continuity over a 2 year span (combined with the quality players that have been in the program 3-4 years) can set the Dukes up to compete in the top of the A10 next year and potentially be a top 25 program in 25-26

4/13/2024 9:29 am  #13

Well at least it’s not raining!!

4/14/2024 8:20 am  #14

Really hoping we see a commitment soon from Max Edwards. I have not seen anything yet on Staton-McCray or Casey. Hopefully they will also commit soon.

https://twitter.com/maxgotgame2/status/1779332700874162652?t=aB_rnTu2Bl9By3OezOg5Dw&s=19

4/14/2024 8:46 am  #15

He certainly looks comfortable on the bluff. My other takeaway is that apparently his height comes from his mom.

4/14/2024 5:53 pm  #16

luckymcd wrote:

He certainly looks comfortable on the bluff. My other takeaway is that apparently his height comes from his mom.

We have a core of 6 players that are close and all contributed to the A-10 run. Along with Coach Dru taking over this next season, the recruits coming in here can expect a very positive atmosphere with high end coaching on a team that very likely will get a lot of national attention next season. Success breeds success.  Just getting 2 to 4 high end recruits makes these Dukes a top A-10 team next year. I like our chances. 

4/15/2024 8:31 am  #17

Agree Napa, let's lock up a couple of new guys to keep the momentum going.  I am getting excited about next season already!!

4/19/2024 7:27 am  #18

4/19/2024 8:22 am  #19

Another long 2 guard with 2 years of remaining eligibility. I sense a theme & I like it!

4/19/2024 9:38 am  #20

This is all well and good, but are we ever going to sign someone?

4/20/2024 8:22 am  #21

We need 3-point shooting. None of our returners with the exception of Kareem even sniff 40% from three.  This is extremely important that we get some players who can hit threes.  And not just spot up threes when wide open but hitting threes off the move and off the dribble. 

4/20/2024 9:22 am  #22

4/20/2024 10:50 am  #23

Thoughts…
-Now that the NCAA has determined that a team can talk NIL money up front it’s going to be even more difficult to recruit
-It’s good that we are recruiting higher level recruits but with that comes higher level competition
-With the makeup of our roster I believe the 6’10” gentleman from Ukraine will be our first signing
-None of us know what kind of a recruiter Coach Joyce will turn out to be. That is the key. This year will say a lot since they are coming off such a wonderful season. His recruiting, or lack of can make or break Duquesne Basketball and/or his coaching success 
-The sky isn’t falling but many schools are beginning to sign folks and we don’t have one yet 

Go Dukes,

4/21/2024 3:00 pm  #24

4/21/2024 3:29 pm  #25

Sounds very promising.

Board footera