Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2024 12:54 pm  #1

UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse Agreement and Highmark Competition

I find it so very odd that Duquesne’s new medical school has 27 Clinical Site Agreements for interns but not one hospital affiliated with the Allegheny Health Network.

So much for honest competition in the medical field.  Duquesne University may have sold it’s integrity to the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center for funding and naming rights for the UPMC Cooper Field House.

Duquesne should have started their medical school when Mercy and St. Francis were healthy independent hospitals before they got plowed under or absorbed by UPMC.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

4/23/2024 2:55 pm  #2

Re: UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse Agreement and Highmark Competition

Most of them aren't UPMC-related either though. They are largely independent, rural facilities, which was the stated goal when the school was announced. 

Regarding UPMC sponsorships, we aren't really in a position to turn that money down, especially without a viable alternative. I'm sure they shopped the naming rights around before agreeing to a deal. We may never know, but I would be curious to see what UPMC is paying for the naming rights.

4/23/2024 3:30 pm  #3

I was originally unhappy, and I still do not like the fact that the Duquesne Dukes play at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Cooper Fieldhouse. As Dukes2012 said, it was probably a situation where the university couldn't turn down an offer of that value. Hopefully the naming rights are for an X amount of years and after the Dukes make the tournament a few more times we could get a big name sponsor to pay enough to not advertise the scared university up Forbes. When it comes to the medical school that is out of my expertise. Because of a family member I know nursing students have a full semester where they work as a nurse with no classes. Some work at mercy, some work at AGH, some work other places. 

Last edited by BluffHunter (4/23/2024 3:30 pm)

4/23/2024 9:32 pm  #4

Takes 2 to tango.   Does anyone know if AHN was looking to team up with the DU med school?

4/25/2024 8:42 am  #5

I wonder that too - AHN already has a close affiliation with LECOM.

Board footera