Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

UPCOMING GAMES:
Lipscomb @ Duquesne - Nov. 4 - 8:00 PM
Princeton @ Duquesne - Nov. 8 - 8:30 PM
Dukes @ DePaul - Nov. 15 - 9:00 PM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/08/2024 10:07 am  #1

Jon Rothstein A10 Breakdown - Dukes 9th in Preseason Ranking

7/08/2024 10:47 am  #2

Re: Jon Rothstein A10 Breakdown - Dukes 9th in Preseason Ranking

PSN Article

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2024/07/08/national-analyst-has-duquesne-to-ninth-in-a10-power-rankings/

Something for our guys to post in the locker room. Especially Eli Wilborn who was forgotten. Motivation and mindset matter. Go Dukes 🏀 💪 🏆

7/08/2024 12:14 pm  #3

Wow now that was a dart to my heart!
But heck let’s just keep working like last year and every thing will fall into place.
Not that Dru or the players needed any extra motivation but they just got the Monkey on the back now!

Go Dukes enjoy the summer and just work harder than ever!

Last edited by Motor (7/08/2024 12:24 pm)

7/08/2024 12:16 pm  #4

Not sure that Rozier n Necas will be starters. Also surprised that Schmidt won’t get higher than 10th with the Bonnies.

7/08/2024 1:45 pm  #5

I like it.   Give the guys some summertime motivation.   Rothstein had a crush on Dambrot, he might think the bottom is gonna fall out now that he is gone.   But if we are 9, boy did the A10 got good this offseason.  

7/08/2024 1:52 pm  #6

Here's another way too early look at 2025 A10 from the analytics at Bart Torvik.  Dukes are 7th here.

2024-25 Projections - - Customizable College Basketball Tempo Free Stats - T-Rank (barttorvik.com)

7/08/2024 2:28 pm  #7

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Here's another way too early look at 2025 A10 from the analytics at Bart Torvik.  Dukes are 7th here.

2024-25 Projections - - Customizable College Basketball Tempo Free Stats - T-Rank (barttorvik.com)

Not sure how accurate this is if it thinks we’ll only have 2 OOC games.
Analytics can be garbage in and garbage out.

As far as Rothstein’s projections go, the Dukes, Dayton and Davidson get no respect here.

Unrelated comment… I hope UMASS gets their UMASSEs kicked on their way out the door.

Last edited by coffee (7/08/2024 2:32 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

7/08/2024 8:45 pm  #8

FAM wrote:

Not sure that Rozier n Necas will be starters. Also surprised that Schmidt won’t get higher than 10th with the Bonnies.

FAM don’t want to be a A Hole but Nacas is 19, Euro player…This kid will be in the NBA. The BYU coach after getting the Kentucky job went after him. This kid is a player. So is Dixon. I love this program. Go Dukes👍

7/09/2024 5:54 am  #9

Iron Duke,

You are correct. I mixed him up with another player who I won’t mention. Thanks for the post!

Totally agree Dixon is “The Man”!!

7/09/2024 10:00 am  #10

Ironduke81 wrote:

FAM wrote:

FAM don’t want to be a A Hole but Nacas is 19, Euro player…This kid will be in the NBA. The BYU coach after getting the Kentucky job went after him. This kid is a player. So is Dixon. I love this program. Go Dukes👍

You are saying that Mark Pope tried to recruit Necas to Kentucky?!

7/09/2024 10:11 am  #11

There is a lot of depth and interchangeable parts at most positions this year that I would not be surprised to see DJ3 go 12 deep in most games.  I had pretty much the same starters as Rothstein except I think that Dinkins will be our starting PG, with Rozier coming off the bench like last season.  Dinkins is just too good.

Duquesne Basketball Receiving Weekend Visit from Canisius Star Point Guard Tre Dinkins - Pittsburgh Sports Now

7/09/2024 11:56 am  #12

I like the pre-season predictions. First, we have a new coach. We think he is going to improve our offense while keeping a strong defense. Coach Dru still has to do it. I get that. My second impression is, we do have a lot of new players and have yet to figure who is starters and who comes off the bench to help affect each game.I get that too.  Pre-season rankings are good, but all the teams still have to play the games first to see who gets to the top. And my fouth impression is that both Dixon and Necas were great players last year but both show potential to grow into NBA quality players And my last is, the Joyce family are winners as coaches. I would not bet against Dru Joyce kicking some big time in the A-10 this year. I bet the Richmond fans feel the same way looking at there place by these two pre-season rankings especially with their  coach and just winning the reg.season A-10?.

Last edited by NapaDuke (7/09/2024 4:43 pm)

7/09/2024 7:48 pm  #13

Rothstein is nothing but a pawn for the Power 5 schools. Got way too much on his plate to be analyzing "ANY" mid major conference team. I'm kind of glad he does these half hearted, little research analysis. Not that this team with it's talent needs any silly prognogstications from someone not paying attention, but any extra motivation and bulletin board material is good. People are going to realize that Dinkins, Corbett, Williams, and Wilborn are more than legit this year. With the six returning players who got real time last year, and the addition of Hall, Crawford, and Edwards along with aforementioned group just wow man. Can't wait to see what coach Joyce does with this group.

Last edited by Rayrich (7/09/2024 7:51 pm)

Board footera