Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Yesterday 12:23 pm  #1

Game Threads - Who wants to take this over?

I will no longer be posting Game Threads as we move into this coming season.  Thus, the board is looking for a member who wants to take responsibility for this board feature.

Now that the Dukes have made it back to the NCAA's, I'm joining Keith Dambrot and retiring .  I have been doing these game threads for about 8 years; the detail and the amount of effort pulling these game threads together has increased significantly. With my travel schedule, it became harder and harder pulling these together especially when I didn't have access to a computer (using a cell phone to research and post was a challenge).

So we are reaching out to our board members to see who wants to take this over.
Go Dukes!

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (Yesterday 1:39 pm)

Yesterday 11:53 pm  #2

Re: Game Threads - Who wants to take this over?

Not something I can take on, but your work was much appreciated.

Today 8:40 am  #3

Phoenix, thank you for all you have done for this Board.  I think I speak for most, if not all, of the Board members in saying that you game day threads were greatly appreciated.  They were so good and detailed that I think if you ever need a part time job some coaches might hire you to do scouting reports.  You set the bar high.  If we have anyone with that skill level and time to do the same level thar would be terrific, however, I know we have some fans here with great basketball knowledge and insight, but not the same statistical resources, who can take over this leadership role.

As you all know, this Board, and prior forums, have been around for almost 30 years.  It is ancient in terms of social media choices.  Way more people get their information from Twitter or Facebook. This Forum is dependent on fans sharing information that they think others might find interesting, as well as their thoughts and opinions. Maybe it has reached the end of its useful life, I don't know, but I would like to try something different. This Forum can not be dependent on just one or two posters sharing information to remain viable. Therefore, I think a restructure of this Board may be necessary.  I am looking for fans that would like to assume leadership roles in areas that you are most interested,  All of the topics listed on this Forum are open.  If anyone is interested please send me a private message.  

DO DUKES!

Today 4:34 pm  #4

CLK, while forums are certainly less common they’re still very present.

Can you share a little more detail about what you have in mind, or would you prefer to keep that to PMs for now as well?

Board footera