Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2014 11:21 pm  #1

I know this is a Duquesne basketball forum BUT

WVU is on the verge of a NCAA bid. Huggie has deferred to RE . The Iowa St game reminded me of the Temple game. REs two recruits 5 stars will put WVU in top 10 next year.Huggie should send Amodio a flower basket for RE. PITT IS IT. BOBBY MO WINS NEC & DUQUESNE IS A JOKE. Dr. D was betrayed very sad! 

2/13/2014 9:07 am  #2

Re: I know this is a Duquesne basketball forum BUT

He was sadly betrayed?   I thought he did the hiring and firing of the AD.   Last time I looked I believe he did. 

2/13/2014 10:18 am  #3

duqkurt wrote:

He was sadly betrayed?   I thought he did the hiring and firing of the AD.   Last time I looked I believe he did. 

In fairness to Charlie if he is being told on a weekly basis that Everhart is the Anti-Christ he bought into Amodios agenda. 

2/13/2014 7:07 pm  #4

Sorry he is not blameless in this mess.  He is in charge of the university.  If he can't see through bullshit (which he can't), he deserves blame.  I'm not buying any poor Charlie stuff.

Last edited by duqkurt (2/13/2014 7:08 pm)

2/15/2014 10:24 am  #5

duqkurt wrote:

Sorry he is not blameless in this mess. He is in charge of the university. If he can't see through bullshit (which he can't), he deserves blame. I'm not buying any poor Charlie stuff.

What if Amodio approached Charlie & assured him Dambrot will take the job? Charlie has done a good job at the University this is ofcourse a stain hopefully temporarily. He will not let contract extensions prevent change....I hope or this program will reach an alltime low.

2/15/2014 8:36 pm  #6

Ironduke81 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

Sorry he is not blameless in this mess. He is in charge of the university. If he can't see through bullshit (which he can't), he deserves blame. I'm not buying any poor Charlie stuff.

What if Amodio approached Charlie & assured him Dambrot will take the job? Charlie has done a good job at the University this is ofcourse a stain hopefully temporarily. He will not let contract extensions prevent change....I hope or this program will reach an alltime low.

Dambrot wasn't GA's choice when RE was fired. Dino Gaudio was who he wanted to bring in here. I bet they didn't expect the firestorm when RE was fired, and the fact that there was a ton of negativity spewed about Gaudio. Dino was smart enough to know not to come here.

2/15/2014 10:31 pm  #7

Ironduke81 wrote:

WVU is on the verge of a NCAA bid. Huggie has deferred to RE . The Iowa St game reminded me of the Temple game. REs two recruits 5 stars will put WVU in top 10 next year.Huggie should send Amodio a flower basket for RE. PITT IS IT. BOBBY MO WINS NEC & DUQUESNE IS A JOKE. Dr. D was betrayed very sad! 

Well if PITT IS IT, maybe Jamie will play a few road games and better out of conference teams since Pitt is getting beaten in the ACC after playing cupcakes.

WVU is a storied program, remember Gale Catlett hardly ever was below 500, and Huggins wins every where he coaches.

Did you see McAdoo dominate Pitt today?

A diehard fan since 1961

2/16/2014 9:07 am  #8

Phildog wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

Well if PITT IS IT, maybe Jamie will play a few road games and better out of conference teams since Pitt is getting beaten in the ACC after playing cupcakes.

WVU is a storied program, remember Gale Catlett hardly ever was below 500, and Huggins wins every where he coaches.

Did you see McAdoo dominate Pitt today?

You forgot to make your  absurd comment about RMU Yeah they lost to Kentucky this year. Please

2/16/2014 5:03 pm  #9

Sorry you took it that way Ironduke 81' first with Robert Morris, I admire that program. Even in Jarrets 1990s teams that were going to NCAA with local kids like Vaughn Lutton, Coach Durham had to open with 9 road games that  paid the Colonials to get a beaten, because that is how they funded the mens team.

I remember he brought in a team to Palumbo with Ricky Canon, a local overlooked kid that Duquesne passed on, a 6-8 post player who put up 20 plus and a ton of rebounds and out played Kevin Price and Robert Morris pulled off a win, which was an upset back then. Mike Rice Jr was setting school records with wins and went to NCAAs, before he moved on to big east.

And they still go to NCAAs with a bright young coach, they lead the NEC at 10-1 or something, but still go out on the road out of conference to Kentucky and other venues that pay well to bring them in.

WVU is in a killer conference but looks NCAA bound, as well as Pitt. My point with Pitt was they are playing a  different style of Conference in ACC, they need different type of players.

I , along with many who post here want to see Duquesne win, as hard as this year is, 5 road wins is encouraging regardless of the competition.

A diehard fan since 1961

2/16/2014 7:40 pm  #10

Same  but this program is viewed as a joke on a national basis. why? Not coach Ferrys fault he can only do so much. When Amodio was hired everyones expectation was a cincinnati Xavier like rivalry...THE CITY GAME. Amodio what 0-8 vs. Pitt. Secondly Duquesne is clearly the 3rd DI team in PGH. The true City game should be Bobby Mo.Will DU beat WVU or Penn State dont think 0-4. Did Everhart  really plateau or was Amodio jealous of his popularity.Zero fan support why not the team or coach or wins or losses its his mess. Clearly he is over his head .

2/17/2014 9:50 am  #11

May I respectfully disagree on part of your post IronDuke81.  As far as the entire program, it is this AD's responsibility and the previous AD's in terms of where the entire program is as of 2/17/14.  Here is the disagreement part - and to beat a dead horse:
1.  This is Ferry's second year - he lost last year and has a losing season again this year.
2.  So far, he has NO signed players for next year.
3.  He recruited the players that are playing this year.  He is responsible and accountable for the current record, team, and outcome.  
4.  When RE came here he recruited kids that were good and he won.  So, it can be done...was done a few years ago...Ferry isn't doing it.
Thanks...

Last edited by FAM (2/17/2014 9:50 am)

2/17/2014 9:58 am  #12

My point is to erect a skyscraper you need a solid foundation. Bring in any successful coach they have zero chance.Negative Perception on the national scale about this program is the 500 lbs gorrila in the room. Start with a change not with the coach nor president but guess who?

Board footera