Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2014 2:03 pm  #1

Dayton gameday thread

First shot of the game: Missed 3-pointer by Colter. Groundhog Day begins.

2/22/2014 2:08 pm  #2

Re: Dayton gameday thread

Dukes with a good 11-2 start. Colter 0-2, rest of team 5-5.

2/22/2014 2:13 pm  #3

17-2 Dukes. Wow! Shooting 70%.

2/22/2014 2:20 pm  #4

8-0 run for Dayton.

2/22/2014 2:34 pm  #5

28-15 Dukes. Soko with 14. Five and change, first half.

2/22/2014 2:42 pm  #6

Has Ridenour hit a FT this year?

2/22/2014 2:45 pm  #7

Is everybody's picture freezing, or just in sunny California?

2/22/2014 2:48 pm  #8

39-25 Dukes at the half. Soko with 19 points. McKoy with 7 rebounds and 2 blocks.

2/22/2014 2:51 pm  #9

39-25 Duq and me and my wife are on 50 yd line.  Where's all those negative people at??? Fyi this drunk Duq woman fan is annoying as hell in front of me

2/22/2014 3:13 pm  #10

Had to quit watching online, screen constantly freezing and no sound, another Duquesne video production?

A diehard fan since 1961

2/22/2014 3:57 pm  #11

Now you guys can come out since we didn't show up last 5 minutes

2/22/2014 4:05 pm  #12

lilpav30 wrote:

Followed on game cast on espn, I knew Dukes would lose this just by missed shots and turnovers in final min of game, same ole Dukes, glad my video feed quit working...

A diehard fan since 1961

2/22/2014 4:13 pm  #13

I attended game. .  What a pile of garbage this program is. 

At least I looking forward to my dinner at Fatheads now.  The next time I am going to go to a game I'm just going to take $40 and set it on fire.  At least I won't waste gas money. 

45 minute wait for a Fatheads table.  Oh well, at least it will be a good meal.

Last edited by duqkurt (2/22/2014 4:15 pm)

2/22/2014 5:08 pm  #14

Well, we are let down again, and it's pretty obvious that this coach and this team are not going to improve by leaps and bounds, especially after a performance like that. I doubt we will ever get into a postseason tournament and I think Ferry should take a long look into the mirror and think about how he is fast becoming a failure here.

2/22/2014 5:21 pm  #15

hardly any students. more Dayton fans. nice hire Amodio. Can you say welcome back Danny Nee. A friend i was with said what is sad is they will even be worse next year

2/22/2014 6:13 pm  #16

Dinner was good.  Fatheads is the best.

If they don't fire Amodio after this season, they never will.  Ferry is a failure.

2/22/2014 7:58 pm  #17

lilpav30 wrote:

I never understand the reasoning for posts like this. "Let me fan some flames, so I can b*tch about people complaining."

I think it's understandable that people who paid money to attend today's game are upset by what they saw, and DU Nation in general is frustrated after today. I left exactly at halftime to go out with my family thinking we had this one in hand, and came home to find out that we lost. We're clearly not improving in the final month of the season. I'll leave it there.

2/22/2014 8:24 pm  #18

I was at the game and told my friend at halftime we're going to lose this. Nothing I saw in the first half made me think that. It's just to be expected. Hard to a Duquesne fan but of course you all know that.

2/22/2014 9:16 pm  #19

I really used to take Duquesne basketball seriously. Like Rick, I'm sitting there at halftime knowing that we would lose this game. When it started unraveling in the second half after WE WERE UP BY 18, it was like an out-of-body experience. Everyone is suddenly out of control. Passes right into the hands of Dayton players, coming out of a freakin' time-out with no play called and getting a patented wild-a..ed shot off with 3 seconds left, running the weave offense which never seems to get us an open shot, ever...And, of course, the one on three drives to the basket...
Sigh...

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

2/22/2014 9:33 pm  #20

I had to leave the house at the half and told my wife as we were leaving that Duquesne was beating Dayton 39 to 25 - but then I added, "Don't be surprised if they lose this game." Why? Because it's the Duquesne way!!

2/23/2014 2:32 am  #21

Why aren't some of us surprised?  Well, for starters a lot of the first half was unsustainable.  Duquesne shot 8-12 from three in the first half (yes, 67% from three).  That ain't going to happen again.  Nor is Dayton - a very good shooting team - going to shoot 32% from the field again.  The Dukes were making shots they didn't normally make, Dayton missing shots they normally miss.  The second half it was the reverse. 

Overall, a good college basketball game.  Yes, I'm very disappointed by the loss.  There's much to work on.  For as much as I thought the offense was coming along, the second half of today showed up.  However, the Dukes held Dayton on defense to 57 points, their second lowest output of the season with some very solid defense.  There's something to build upon.

While saying that this team isn't going to improve by leaps and bounds is true, we've seen progress.  After an out-of-conference performance that didn't see a top 200 victory, the Dukes hung strong with SLU, VCU, and Dayton for 35 minutes each.  I can tell you from the mood on the board that people weren't expecting to win more than 1-2 A10 games, and there was discussion on whether the Dukes would win an Atlantic 10 game.  You can't have it both ways...saying that "the Dukes may not win an A-10 game" and "will be lucky to ever go 500 under Ferry" and then saying that they haven't improved when they lose on the final possession against a Dayton team that has won six straight A-10 games.

2/23/2014 8:32 am  #22

To try and find a silver lining in this lose is well, it is what it is Rog. The next level that GA told CD is not a higher level but lower, fact is fact. Mr. D you told RE that part of being remembered of your legacy here at Duquesne was the BB program, well keep with the present and you will have your legacy of firing a winner and keeping a loser AD who fed you a pile of Bleep. You don't even attend the games its so embarrasing for you.

Coach Ferry said in his brief post game interview, we had great looks, so sarw it JD you sarw it Ray I never had any of my teams score 15 points in the second half. Well you have now, what are you going to do about it?

2/23/2014 10:12 am  #23

To quoth the Ferry: "Nevermore!"
Brilliant Coach, BRILLIANT!

"A tale of two halves," Duquesne coach Jim Ferry said. "I really don't have an answer."

"It's basketball -- you have to score," Ferry said. "This isn't soccer."

How many more years remain on this jokers contract?

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/duquesne/2014/02/22/Dayton-comes-from-behind-to-top-Duquesne-57-54/stories/201402220147#ixzz2u9fDkFkp

2/23/2014 10:26 am  #24

As a result of the continuous terrible program, did the AD, President, or coaches take note of these embarassing moments which are predicated on the Terrible Program?
1.  On the floor were approximately 300 folding chairs for the students.
2.  When the introductions were taking place there were probably 20 students sitting there (by the time the game began, I guess about 100 decided to visit - I am NOT blaming them)
3.  If you had a camera, a great shot would have been the newspapers that students are supposed to hold up when the other team is introduced.  Well hundereds were draped on the back of all of the empty chairs since again, about 20 students were there during introductions.
4.  The majority of the crowd was from Dayton
5.  The majority of the cheering was from Dayton
6.  After the game was over, you could hear many loud unison cheers as folks left the CONSOL - yes, all from Dayton
7.  Is the AD, President, and the coaches ignorant or totally ignoring? AND...

Why didn't the coach take a time out coming down the court with about 10 seconds left to at least set up a play?  Was he out of time outs?
What college or University will Ferry end up being an assistant at when his years are up?
Will his assistant coaches begin leaving over this summer, or will they wait one more year?

Last edited by FAM (2/23/2014 10:30 am)

2/23/2014 2:52 pm  #25

rogabee wrote:

Why aren't some of us surprised?  Well, for starters a lot of the first half was unsustainable.  Duquesne shot 8-12 from three in the first half (yes, 67% from three).  That ain't going to happen again.  Nor is Dayton - a very good shooting team - going to shoot 32% from the field again.  The Dukes were making shots they didn't normally make, Dayton missing shots they normally miss.  The second half it was the reverse. 

Overall, a good college basketball game.  Yes, I'm very disappointed by the loss.  There's much to work on.  For as much as I thought the offense was coming along, the second half of today showed up.  However, the Dukes held Dayton on defense to 57 points, their second lowest output of the season with some very solid defense.  There's something to build upon.

While saying that this team isn't going to improve by leaps and bounds is true, we've seen progress.  After an out-of-conference performance that didn't see a top 200 victory, the Dukes hung strong with SLU, VCU, and Dayton for 35 minutes each.  I can tell you from the mood on the board that people weren't expecting to win more than 1-2 A10 games, and there was discussion on whether the Dukes would win an Atlantic 10 game.  You can't have it both ways...saying that "the Dukes may not win an A-10 game" and "will be lucky to ever go 500 under Ferry" and then saying that they haven't improved when they lose on the final possession against a Dayton team that has won six straight A-10 games.

You could compare this game to the one we had against Temple a couple years ago when they came into Palumbo ranked and we blitzed them to start the game. We didn't maintain the torrid pace, but we did manage to win. I thought we could come back down to earth in the second half and still win this.

Board footera