Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/27/2014 9:26 pm  #1

Manhattan coach fraud

How about taking the head coaching job at USF .Coach Masiello maybe you should have put the year you allegedly graduated from Kentucky hhhmmm! Then of course he wants to return to Manhattan unbelievable. What next the UAW representing these student athletes? Only in America.

3/28/2014 8:03 am  #2

Re: Manhattan coach fraud

Iron duke II wrote:

How about taking the head coaching job at USF .Coach Masiello maybe you should have put the year you allegedly graduated from Kentucky hhhmmm! Then of course he wants to return to Manhattan unbelievable. What next the UAW representing these student athletes? Only in America.

?

A diehard fan since 1961

3/28/2014 3:44 pm  #3

Phildog wrote:

Iron duke II wrote:

?

I think the last sentance was referring to the Northwestern Football players being allowed to unionize do to arbitration ruling.

The first part is more than most ever look into in the corporate world or Athletics. Cheats are everywhere especially in Athletics, I'll bet if the presidents or CEO's checked all resume's the numbers of lies uncovered would be shocking. Our AD doesn't list his degree date for his Masters degree either, but I'm sure that doesn't mean anything, I'm sure the administration would be as thorough as they were not finding who leaked the letter.

3/28/2014 8:56 pm  #4

Scotchngars wrote:

Phildog wrote:

Iron duke II wrote:

?

I think the last sentance was referring to the Northwestern Football players being allowed to unionize do to arbitration ruling.

The first part is more than most ever look into in the corporate world or Athletics. Cheats are everywhere especially in Athletics, I'll bet if the presidents or CEO's checked all resume's the numbers of lies uncovered would be shocking. Our AD doesn't list his degree date for his Masters degree either, but I'm sure that doesn't mean anything, I'm sure the administration would be as thorough as they were not finding who leaked the letter.

If the players unionized say goodbye to non-state schools like Duquesne. Not a union hater my father was  a member a the steel workers but paying players say goodbye to student athletes. I'm sure if you go back to his xavier bio the year of his masters degree is posted after all it's Duquesne why would not anyone with a post graduate degree not post the year of graduation on the Duquesne website.Finally I bet 25% of corporate or world of athletics lie about phantom degrees. Problem is many corporations small business & yes schools of higher learning fail to do simple background checks upon hiringemployes. I hope Manhattan dumps this bum & good for SFU.

3/28/2014 10:46 pm  #5

Lying on a resume is inexcusible.

The time has come and gone for labor unions. At one point, they served the purpose of protecting workers. Now, they serve as puppet organizations for the political parties to which they pander, they drive up costs, and ultimately, they hurt the people they're supposed to represent. Not that I want to turn this into a union discussion, because you can ask young. unemployed union workers whose families are starving while overpaid workers who really don't want to work are getting jobs.

IMHO, the commissioner of the NFL is ruining the NFL by turning it into a nancy league without really addressing the concussion issues, and a judge is about to spell the end of college athletics with one of the dumbest rulings in the history of mankind.

All in the name of progress.

3/29/2014 5:52 am  #6

ElDuque wrote:

Lying on a resume is inexcusible.

The time has come and gone for labor unions. At one point, they served the purpose of protecting workers. Now, they serve as puppet organizations for the political parties to which they pander, they drive up costs, and ultimately, they hurt the people they're supposed to represent. Not that I want to turn this into a union discussion, because you can ask young. unemployed union workers whose families are starving while overpaid workers who really don't want to work are getting jobs.

IMHO, the commissioner of the NFL is ruining the NFL by turning it into a nancy league without really addressing the concussion issues, and a judge is about to spell the end of college athletics with one of the dumbest rulings in the history of mankind.

All in the name of progress.

You might notice that baseball and hockey don't have these issues. That's because they have a minor league system. Those who are not interested in going to college are not forced to go. Those who are actually good enough to play in the top league as a teenager, like Bryce Harper, and Sidney Crosby, are allowed to do so.

3/29/2014 6:11 am  #7

Indeed. Although with football players don't develop enough physically to be pro-ready in high school. I think minor league football would result in more busted dreams and players due to subpar coaching, training, facilities and equipment. Plus college ball had wonderful tradition and pagaentry before the greed era kicked in. Basketball would work if done right, and it might level the field for the college game.

Board footera