Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2014 7:55 am  #51

Re: NLI Day

There was an aritlce in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette this morning on DU Basketball and recruiting.

4/28/2014 9:12 am  #52

Stevens appears to be a left-handed, 6'1"- version of Tra'vaughan White.  His assist to turnover ratio is under one (1).  He averaged under one steal a game. He is identified on other boards as a combo point/shooting guard. Recruited by Quinniapac (?-spelling), Wisconsin-Milwaukee, with supposed interest from Rhode Island and a few others.  He is an all-america JC player.  Should sound familiar.  Doesn't sound like an upgrade at the point that will give warm and fuzzy feelings to this board's posters who so drastically crave a change of the (point) guard!  Not to be critical.

4/28/2014 10:34 am  #53

No, this type of player will not satisfy the fans who RECOGNIZE that you can't be successful in the A-10 with a PG who is an average ballhandler, minus passer, minus shooter, minus court awareness. All we would seem to be doing is adding two inches at the position.

Deep breath.

I said we need an upgrade at the point. Did I stutter or something?

4/28/2014 10:03 pm  #54

Stephen J. Nesbitt ‏[color=#b1bbc3]@stephenjnesbitt[/color]  4m

JUCO guard Jordan Stevens has committed to #Duquesne — 6-1 guard averaged 19 points per game at Southeastern CC, was NJCAA All-American.

Last edited by Brian (4/28/2014 10:03 pm)

4/29/2014 9:48 am  #55

The last player we had from SECC was James Hargrove. 

4/29/2014 10:40 am  #56

Stevens now gives Ferry four true guards to work with next year-D.C., Micah, Desmond and now Stevens.  (I consider Jeremiah Jones a 3)  Three are interchangeable as combo guards with D.C. as the only true P.G.  We will be fine at the guard positions IMO.  We should dramatically improve with J.J., Gill and Eric James vying to be the number one at the 3 spot.  With Watkins, Robinson, McKoy, Lewis, Powell and a little bit of Gill thrown in we should also have plenty of talent to split at the 4 and 5.  We got a boatload of 3-star rated players on the team now.  I like what coach and his staff have done to shape the line-up possibilities. Hope I don't rattle any cages with my opinions!!!

Last edited by grammudder (4/29/2014 10:41 am)

4/29/2014 10:55 am  #57

grammudder wrote:

Stevens now gives Ferry four true guards to work with next year-D.C., Micah, Desmond and now Stevens.  (I consider Jeremiah Jones a 3)  Three are interchangeable as combo guards with D.C. as the only true P.G.  We will be fine at the guard positions IMO.  We should dramatically improve with J.J., Gill and Eric James vying to be the number one at the 3 spot.  With Watkins, Robinson, McKoy, Lewis, Powell and a little bit of Gill thrown in we should also have plenty of talent to split at the 4 and 5.  We got a boatload of 3-star rated players on the team now.  I like what coach and his staff have done to shape the line-up possibilities. Hope I don't rattle any cages with my opinions!!!

We're pretty much on the same page Gram. The team is being put together for the long term. I haven't been this optimistic since early in Ron's second year.

4/29/2014 12:45 pm  #58

Jeremiah Jones is a liability at the three. Basically gives the other team a power play. He's overmatched size and skills-wise. As I state elsewhere, we're acting like we have Reed, DeBusschere, Ewing, Lucas, and Oakley fighting for time at the 5 and 4, but the only player with experience is McKoy. Watkins and Robinson are still unknown quantities and Gill apparently is allergic to the paint. Lewis is pretty raw. I agree that there MAY be potential there, but preeeze ... let's see these guys play a little first.

Board footera