Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/08/2014 5:02 pm  #1

Pitt Game

The City Game is scheduled for Friday December 5th

7/08/2014 5:22 pm  #2

Re: Pitt Game

Hey my friend.  I thought this picturre was interesting. Ron's 2009 team referenced as one of Dixon's biggest non  conference wins. 

7/09/2014 10:56 am  #3

CLK wrote:

Hey my friend.  I thought this picturre was interesting. Ron's 2009 team referenced as one of Dixon's biggest non  conference wins. 

That was the game where we blew the big lead. The second half was as bad an exhibition of offensive basketball by both teams as you will ever see. Brick after brick after brick.

7/14/2014 3:36 pm  #4

Bitter loss, we controled the entire first half. Dixon went to a zone in the second half just a desperation move. All the Dukes had to do besides kill the clock was just get a bucket or two.  Strangest games I ever saw.  Pitt finally pulled even in the last seconds, went to OT, we were in foul trouble, and Pitt pulled thru. Great coaching on Dixons part.  Biggest, bitter loss for Ron and his time here.  That game, if won by the Dukes would have been just so big. But it's history now. Still, Jammie Dixon, as a coach, went outside his style to try to win, and he did. That's why it's on this list.  Man to man, Dukes were just too good in the first half for Pitt.  In the second half, with Pitt in the  zone defense, we looked like we were in the Twilight-zone???

Board footera