Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/17/2014 6:02 pm  #1

Dukes get UTEP transfer - 3 star recruit to fill last scholarship

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop 21m UTEP transfer Marqywell Jackson has committed to Duquesne.

The 6-5 Jackson was a 4-star recruit out of Detroit, Michigan and named one of the top players in Great Lake State. Jackson was 3-time all-state player for East English Village Prep Academy where he averaged 26 points per game his senior season.. 

He is a 2014 recruit per this story so I am not sure if he is eligible this year

http://www.utepathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041614aac.html

Last edited by CLK (7/17/2014 6:23 pm)

7/17/2014 6:21 pm  #2

Re: Dukes get UTEP transfer - 3 star recruit to fill last scholarship

Wow. Nice job!

7/17/2014 6:28 pm  #3

Looks like a great late pick up.  This was from the UTEP site:

Jackson was rated a four-star recruit by Rivals, averaging 26 and 24 points per game his junior and senior year respectively."Marqywell has great length for a perimeter player," Floyd said. "He is very good in the open floor. He has really good upside. He has the ability to be a good defender. He can really, really score. I think he's a guy that can really shoot it and come off pindowns, which is something we need moving forward. He really rebounded it well from the guard spot as a senior."

Last edited by CLK (7/17/2014 6:30 pm)

7/17/2014 6:33 pm  #4

Did something happen at UTEP that would allow him to possibly be a recruit for this year? A player like Jackson could just be the type of player to bump this team over the hump.

7/17/2014 6:56 pm  #5

Ferry has really done a good job recruiting. Let's hope it plays out well on the court.

7/17/2014 7:05 pm  #6

Marqywell Jackson
Guard, 6-5, 180, Detroit, Mich. (East English Village Prep Academy)

Rated a four-star recruit by Rivals ... regarded as the no. 4 player in the state of Michigan and a national top-150 player by 247sports.com ... listed as the no. 53 high school prospect in the country by Hoop Scoop ... top player at his position in Michigan by Prep Spotlight, as well as most versatile player in the state ... three-time All-State, All-City (first team as a junior and senior) and All-Metro honoree ... two-time team MVP ... played for coach Juan Rickman at East English Village Prep Academy, which started as Detroit Crockett High School before changing its name following his sophomore season ... posted a double-figure scoring average all four years of his prep career - 11 ppg as a freshman, 14 ppg as a sophomore, 26 ppg as a junior and 24 ppg as a senior ... high point game was 39 versus Cousino High School his junior year ... also averaged nine rebounds and four assists as a senior, and seven rebounds and three assists as a junior ... played for the Detroit Stars AAU team, where he was a teammate of the Miners' Vince Hunter and Matt Willms ... ran cross country in high school as well ... first name is pronounced Markwell.

This is a big time player.

7/17/2014 7:16 pm  #7

Looks like he may be eligible this year.

Branden Hunter ‏@JustCallmeBHunt 6m 2014 SG Mar'Qywell Jackson released from his intent to UTEP, and is headed to Duquesne, per his high school coach.

Or may not.  If he enrolled this summer as this article seems to suggest he may have to sit out.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/17/report-former-utep-signee-marqywell-jackson-headed-to-duquesne/

Last edited by CLK (7/17/2014 7:37 pm)

7/22/2014 2:09 pm  #8

7/22/2014 4:55 pm  #9

mike vukovcan ‏@mikevukkdka   4h Clarification. I was just informed by Duquesne that it hasn't been determined if M. Jackson will be eligible to play. I misread the release

7/22/2014 8:55 pm  #10

If I were a betting man -- and I'm not -- I'd guess that the NCAA will inform us, oh, say March 10.

7/23/2014 5:11 pm  #11

ElDuque wrote:

If I were a betting man -- and I'm not -- I'd guess that the NCAA will inform us, oh, say March 10.

And they would probably say he IS Eligible and Since you DIDN'T play him - he loses a year!!  NCAA stands for Nobody Cares About Athletes

7/23/2014 6:54 pm  #12

SkepticAl wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

And they would probably say he IS Eligible and Since you DIDN'T play him - he loses a year!!  NCAA stands for Nobody Cares About Athletes

http://cultureslurp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Facebook-Like-Button.jpg

Board footera