Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2014 2:50 am  #1

A10 Tourney coming to Pittsburgh in 2017?

There are rumblings that the league tourney will be back in Pittsburgh for the first time since the early 80's in 2017. The timing is fortuitous in that the Dukes ought to be pretty good by then.

9/04/2014 2:55 am  #2

Re: A10 Tourney coming to Pittsburgh in 2017?

Matt Vautour ‏@GazetteUMass 1m
Actually looks like Atlantic 10 Tournament Pittsburgh in 2017 and Washington D.C. in 2018

9/04/2014 7:16 am  #3

That is great news.

9/04/2014 8:55 am  #4

Great coup for Duquesne to host this tournament.  If this tournament is played at the Consol Arena, and not the AJ Polumbo Center, the AJ Polumbo Center would still have to be ued by some of the visiting teams for practice and workouts.  What improvements to the AJ Polumbo Center will have to be made, if any?

9/04/2014 9:21 am  #5

Bilgy wrote:

Great coup for Duquesne to host this tournament.  If this tournament is played at the Consol Arena, and not the AJ Polumbo Center, the AJ Polumbo Center would still have to be ued by some of the visiting teams for practice and workouts.  What improvements to the AJ Polumbo Center will have to be made, if any?

Palumbo isn't worthy of a high school tournament. This is being held at the Consol. I don't even know if Duquesne is considered the host, or what role the school played in this. Pittsburgh holds all of the attendance records for the tournament, so we'll see if the turnout is good. Pitt was in the league then, as was WVU, but it's not like Pitt was drawing well at the Field House back then. A lot of the fans that came were just casual sports fans. No reason why we can't get those now. The timing is great as well. If Ferry is successful in his rebuild, we should have a pretty good team that year. Gill and Ridenhour seniors, Castro, Robinson, and this year's freshmen will be juniors, with the kid who is sitting out out being a sophomore. Lewis will be in his fourth year as well.

9/04/2014 9:24 am  #6

duqkurt wrote:

That is great news.

Kurt, even though you're a frequent critic, you do show up when good things happen. That is the difference between you and a troll. One in particular didn't even post after the St. Louis game (not talking about you CLK, I know you were on hiatus), yet he will rush to the board any time something bad happens.

9/04/2014 9:35 am  #7

This may be a great opportunity for me to return to Pittsburgh and visit Duquense-also true for many others.  The tournament should be late enough that ball the snow has melted and I can get up the hill to the bluff.  I'd like to look over the Monongahela River again, and walk through Rockwell Hall where I worked, supporting all the future "brains" that came through Duquesne in the lake 1960's..

9/04/2014 11:41 am  #8

duq81 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

That is great news.

Kurt, even though you're a frequent critic, you do show up when good things happen. That is the difference between you and a troll. One in particular didn't even post after the St. Louis game (not talking about you CLK, I know you were on hiatus), yet he will rush to the board any time something bad happens.

Thanks for recognizing that.   I really do love Duquesne.   I just get frustrated at them.  

I like the tournament coming here.  It gives Duquesne fans, Bona fans, and Dayton fans a relatively short trip and the DC schools are not all that far away either.   I like Brooklyn as the site, but it is good that we got in on the Brooklyn hiatus years.  

Last edited by duqkurt (9/04/2014 11:44 am)

9/04/2014 11:46 am  #9

Bilgy wrote:

This may be a great opportunity for me to return to Pittsburgh and visit Duquense-also true for many others.  The tournament should be late enough that ball the snow has melted and I can get up the hill to the bluff.  I'd like to look over the Monongahela River again, and walk through Rockwell Hall where I worked, supporting all the future "brains" that came through Duquesne in the lake 1960's..

You dont have to walk the hill to the Bluff anymore.   There are elevators and skywalks that can take you to the Bluff from parking garage, Power Center or Rockwell Hall.  

9/04/2014 12:51 pm  #10

duqkurt wrote:

Bilgy wrote:

You dont have to walk the hill to the Bluff anymore.   There are elevators and skywalks that can take you to the Bluff from parking garage, Power Center or Rockwell Hall.  

Kurt if you ever showed up on campus, you would know these things!

9/04/2014 12:56 pm  #11

duq81 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

That is great news.

I find some of the alleged "koolaid drinkers" to be the worst offenders of board trolling. Most often, they'll jump on a serious, long-time fan for voicing a concern or frustration. Then when someone responds, they run, but go on other social media outlets to bash the people who post here regularly. Hey, we ALL want the program to win.

9/04/2014 4:44 pm  #12

i think this is pretty cool. but im also one of those people that loves college basketball and loves that we also host the ncaa tournament. Ive also heard we are trying to get a regional final here too, which I would love.

9/04/2014 6:58 pm  #13

ElDuque wrote:

duq81 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

That is great news.

I find some of the alleged "koolaid drinkers" to be the worst offenders of board trolling. Most often, they'll jump on a serious, long-time fan for voicing a concern or frustration. Then when someone responds, they run, but go on other social media outlets to bash the people who post here regularly. Hey, we ALL want the program to win.

Duq8, akward sentence construction.  It appears as if you are calling me a troll, just not the one who did not post after the SLU game. 

El Duque, what you say is sad but true.  I am not interested in excuses or assessing blame, I just want to win.  However, I do believe in holding people accountable.  This board has always had room for fans to express themselves both positive and negative.  Posts like Kurt's on the radio situation to me was raising questions and seeking answers.  It is a screwed up situation.  Amodio taled about building our brand in his press release today by having the A10 tourney in Pittsburgh.  Well think about it, if people can't even find the Dukes on the radio how does that improve your brand?  How does that attract sponsors?  Kurt was raising good points, but because he was not high on Kool Aid and singing Amodio praises he was attacked.  This to me does not work, and I don't care who retreats from this board or what they say on other parts of the internet.

9/04/2014 8:18 pm  #14

CLK, I agree, and the stuff I talked about is going to happen. I'll get attacked for saying this, but I think hit-and-run posts, trying to hide behind a different name, or attacking someone in a forum or on a site that is away from the action here is not only the definition of being a troll, but it's cowardly. 

Poor Kurt's a guy who gets it from both sides sometimes. But as a very crooked politician once told me, you know you're doing somethin' right when everyone don't like you. 

9/04/2014 8:54 pm  #15

CLK wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Duq8, akward sentence construction.  It appears as if you are calling me a troll, just not the one who did not post after the SLU game. 

El Duque, what you say is sad but true.  I am not interested in excuses or assessing blame, I just want to win.  However, I do believe in holding people accountable.  This board has always had room for fans to express themselves both positive and negative.  Posts like Kurt's on the radio situation to me was raising questions and seeking answers.  It is a screwed up situation.  Amodio taled about building our brand in his press release today by having the A10 tourney in Pittsburgh.  Well think about it, if people can't even find the Dukes on the radio how does that improve your brand?  How does that attract sponsors?  Kurt was raising good points, but because he was not high on Kool Aid and singing Amodio praises he was attacked.  This to me does not work, and I don't care who retreats from this board or what they say on other parts of the internet.

Not calling you a troll Cas. I just remember that you had taken a break from posting, and didn't come by after the upset. Didn't want you to think I was putting you with the 2 trolls. Even Ritters, who generally doesn't have a positive opinion of the state of the program, came by after that game, which boosted him a bit in my eyes. He wasn't ready to buy in, but he was pleased at the outcome, which is a legit position to take. There were two who didn't post at all, which is pretty unforgivable in my eyes if you're supposed to be a fan, and you can't take pleasure in the team accomplishing something that hadn't been done in 52 years. Yet these guys will never fail to post if something bad happens, and are always there if someone else posts something negative. To me, that's the definition of a troll.

9/04/2014 9:30 pm  #16

ElDuque wrote:

CLK, I agree, and the stuff I talked about is going to happen. I'll get attacked for saying this, but I think hit-and-run posts, trying to hide behind a different name, or attacking someone in a forum or on a site that is away from the action here is not only the definition of being a troll, but it's cowardly. 

Poor Kurt's a guy who gets it from both sides sometimes. But as a very crooked politician once told me, you know you're doing somethin' right when everyone don't like you. 

The only bad publicity is no publicity.  Lol. 

I got into fights before with Yuku Steve and I really regretted that.   We may not agree on things but we want DU to win. 

I don't want to drag the radio post into this one.  I made my points and some can see them and some can't.   I had my reasons for being angry that I believed were justified.  I'm over it.  I'm sure they will tick me off again before the year is over.

Last edited by duqkurt (9/04/2014 9:33 pm)

9/04/2014 9:31 pm  #17

ElDuque wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

Bilgy wrote:

Kurt if you ever showed up on campus, you would know these things!

I've heard they built a football field too.  Lol

Board footera