Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/02/2014 12:52 pm  #1

Howard

Dukes seek quick turnaroundDuquesneDecember 2, 2014 12:00 AMBy Stephen J. Nesbitt / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/duquesne/2014/12/02/Dukes-seek-quick-turnaround/stories/201412020124

12/02/2014 12:59 pm  #2

Re: Howard

For those who care to watch the free video link below.  Click on Live Event Tab

http://www.atlantic10.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=31600&mid=80312

12/02/2014 5:41 pm  #3

i think we are gonna crush howard tonight. real test is the next 3 games. pitt might be down, but they are still an ACC team with ACC talent. they are beatable, but its gonna be a tough mountain to climb. PSU is alot better than people think and Newbill is on fire as of late, which doesnt bode well for our defense. Bobby mo is def down but its at bobby mo and they have a freshman guard that can light it up. 

I know im jumping ahead, and the whole one game at a time thing, but I honestly believe we will demolish Howard tonight...and like they say, winning hides problems, losing exacerbates them! Im looking forward to the next 3 game stretch

12/02/2014 7:36 pm  #4

Atrocious webcast, as usual

12/02/2014 10:08 pm  #5

Still a lot of work to do but played better tonight. For those at home did they mention why Ridenour was out and did Powell get injured in the 2nd half?

12/02/2014 10:25 pm  #6

Looks like Ridenour violated team rules.

12/02/2014 10:42 pm  #7

Glad we won

12/02/2014 10:56 pm  #8

Another unproductive night for Jones. He and DC got extended minutes and gave us ungotz. May be time to start James and Stevens.

12/03/2014 1:29 am  #9

ElDuque wrote:

Another unproductive night for Jones. He and DC got extended minutes and gave us ungotz. May be time to start James and Stevens.

I can't really go with that. This was DC's first unproductive game. Stevens hasn't done much the last 2. I wouldn't be shocked if Ridenhour wasn't here next year. None of the guards are seniors, and Castro is going to eat up some minutes next year. Someone is going to be the odd man out, and Ridenhour is the most likely candidate. He may see the writing on the wall, and make his exit.

12/03/2014 7:47 am  #10

Videos and box score.  Good comments from coach Ferry.

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/120214aad.html

12/03/2014 8:54 am  #11

I was watching on the Internet feed and as the regular rotation was leaving the game about 2 min to go all the players were slapping hands to the walk ons but DoMo walked by stone faced and set near end of bench. Maybe he was not feeling well due to neck incident but he sure does not look happy in his reduced role.

L.G. (Not so little) Gill looks like a star in the making, I have a compley different opinion of DC, he was a tiger on defense last night.

AJ Palumbo looked almost empty in the few shots not limited to the court and the cameraman often kept the camera to mid cout on steals by Dukes as Ray described shots and dunks made by the unseen Dukes,

Glad they won, hope they continue to improve defense but don't expect too much this year, sadly, again.

A diehard fan since 1961

12/03/2014 2:54 pm  #12

I asked earlier when Stevens and Powell were sat for disciplinary reasons whether we have some type of discipline issue on the team. I was told by an insider to the program that, no, I was blowing it out of proportion. So now a third member of the team (Ridenour) is disciplined - meaning 1/4 of the active scholarship roster - and everyone seems to be reporting that something is up with McKoy.

So I'll express my concern again about WTH is going on.

Board footera