Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/05/2014 7:58 pm  #26

Re: City Game

How many open treys did James Robinson have in the first half?  Colter can not guard him. Horrible defense.  We are killing ouselves,

12/05/2014 8:02 pm  #27

The score looks closer than what it should be. It was a very poorly played half, and it's fortunate the game is not completely out of reach at this point.

12/05/2014 8:16 pm  #28

I will say this.  Powell and Stevens are fearless.  They are our only players capable of creating a shot.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

12/05/2014 8:17 pm  #29

for as bad as the dukes looks, we are still in it. if micah and lg can get hot, we can make a nice run and get back in this...
not sure if we are still in this bc we are that good and when we play like crap we can still compete, or if Pitt is pretty bad this year(compared to other years).

really like the way Powell plays. not just athletic ability, but he has some "basketball moves." when was the last time we had a big guy that had legit moves. Robinson is showing some nice moves, but not finishing.

This might be masons worst game as a duke..not just cold shooting but 5 turnovers..

We are getting killed by this Uchebo guy...

Last edited by heelsdukesfan (12/05/2014 8:27 pm)

12/05/2014 8:27 pm  #30

We can't win when the 3's aren't going in.

12/05/2014 8:27 pm  #31

Powell is by far the best player in our class.  He actually has some skills down low.  James isn't even noticeable to me, and Robinson stilll seems a little uncomfortable.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

12/05/2014 8:57 pm  #32

We were never in this. Who are we kidding? Pitt is down this year, and we still can't play with them. We don't even look like we're playing at the same level. I like too that we're down nine with a minute left, and the best 3 point shooter in the country is on the bench. Going to be a long year, boys.

12/05/2014 9:02 pm  #33

so, is it really a big city game rivalry when one team wins 14 in a row and has surpassed the other on a national level, etc?
i usually get more "up" for bobby mo, dayton, and St bonaventure. 
this game, anymore, is just wishing we can knock off a bcs team(that happens to only be a few miles away)

12/05/2014 9:02 pm  #34

ElDuque wrote:

We were never in this. Who are we kidding? Pitt is down this year, and we still can't play with them. We don't even look like we're playing at the same level. I like too that we're down nine with a minute left, and the best 3 point shooter in the country is on the bench. Going to be a long year, boys.

Micah was bad though. Maybe the worst game he's played since he got here. I think he might have been pressing a bit. The diasppearance of McKoy is just a mystery. I like Powell too. I have mixed emotions about Stevens. He's aggressive and fearless, but he's a bit too much of a gunner for my tastes. Jones is just so lacking offensively, I just don't see how they can keep giving him so many minutes.

12/05/2014 9:04 pm  #35

i def think we are all gonna have a love/hate thing going on with stevens.
domo arigato, mr mckoy? 

12/05/2014 9:13 pm  #36

McKoy seemed better when he played more last year, stayed down low and picked up some boards, some close in put backs on offensive rebounds and an occasional 10-15 footer. I thought as a veteran senior that would be his role. Pushing freshman into so many min. Shows their flaws. Mason was off tonight, Duquesne may be a sub 500 team but not much more , J. Jones may be one of our all time worst shooters.

A diehard fan since 1961

12/05/2014 9:18 pm  #37

Uchebo been a stiff all year and we make him look like Willis Reed. Robinson goes for a career high. Could be worst Pitt team in years. Not much good to say about this one. Maybe Powell's play on offense.

12/05/2014 9:18 pm  #38

If Micah was upset that Pitt didn't recruit him he definitely reinforced their decision tonight.  Same Duquesne and same results.  Just the facts...

12/05/2014 9:22 pm  #39

Penn St. on the road next. Chambers is in year 4 of his rebuilding plan, and it's beginning to bear fruit. They're probably a better team than Pitt. Needless to say, Bobby Mo is a must win.

12/05/2014 9:25 pm  #40

Just listen to coach Ferry and he was pissed at his team.  He said they did not rebound,could not defend, and just was not tough enough. I don't know, but to me this has been the same old story since he has been here.  He now has his players so no more excuses.  He said "he is not going to stop", implying that he is going to get harder on these guys "to get this fixed".  We will see.

Last edited by CLK (12/05/2014 9:27 pm)

12/05/2014 9:27 pm  #41

Penn State is better than Pitt right now in basketball (as they are in football) and playing up there...I think we are going to get crushed.

12/05/2014 10:05 pm  #42

FAM wrote:

Penn State is better than Pitt right now in basketball (as they are in football) and playing up there...I think we are going to get crushed.

Not sure PSU is better in football. Pitt is pretty bad, but so is Penn State.

12/05/2014 10:16 pm  #43

CLK wrote:

Just listen to coach Ferry and he was pissed at his team.  He said they did not rebound,could not defend, and just was not tough enough. I don't know, but to me this has been the same old story since he has been here.  He now has his players so no more excuses.  He said "he is not going to stop", implying that he is going to get harder on these guys "to get this fixed".  We will see.

He essentially said the same thing in his pre-game remarks as his post game remarks.  He gave the excuse before the game.  It is a self fulfilling prophecy.

I have sort of tuned him out.

Last edited by duqkurt (12/05/2014 10:17 pm)

12/05/2014 10:24 pm  #44

It's time to end the series with Pitt.

12/05/2014 10:32 pm  #45

Umass Lowell St. Francis & Bobby Mo will tell the tail as to this team. Pitt is down this year the Dukes lost an opportunity for a win. Amodio is 0-10 vs. Duquesnes long term rival The University Of Pittsburgh. He needs to pick up his game against Bobby Mo record 3-6. Not acceptable !

12/06/2014 12:36 am  #46

I guess the one good thing that comes from this game is our RPI goes up from playing a tough opponent. We should think about joining the NEC.

12/06/2014 12:47 am  #47

rittersdiner wrote:

I guess the one good thing that comes from this game is our RPI goes up from playing a tough opponent. We should think about joining the NEC.

This is always a dumb statement. What makes you think we would win in a weaker conference? Remember, few of the current players would have come here to play in the NEC. We might have a crap NEC roster. Then what? In the NEC, you have to win the league to go anywhere. In the A 10, fourth, or fifth place would do. We could end up a crap team in the NEC like St. Francis.

12/06/2014 6:48 am  #48

duq81 wrote:

rittersdiner wrote:

This is always a dumb statement. What makes you think we would win in a weaker conference? Remember, few of the current players would have come here to play in the NEC. We might have a crap NEC roster. Then what? In the NEC, you have to win the league to go anywhere. In the A 10, fourth, or fifth place would do. We could end up a crap team in the NEC like St. Francis.

We're a crap team in the A-10. Do you really believe this talent on the team is any better than a good NEC team? Doesn't games such as this one against Pitt show you that? Ferry is failing. These are his recruiting classes and they are not impressive.And this is comparatively a bad Pitt team.

12/06/2014 8:03 am  #49

rittersdiner wrote:

duq81 wrote:

rittersdiner wrote:

We're a crap team in the A-10. Do you really believe this talent on the team is any better than a good NEC team? Doesn't games such as this one against Pitt show you that? Ferry is failing. These are his recruiting classes and they are not impressive.And this is comparatively a bad Pitt team.

Well, that proves my point. If they only have NEC talent while playing in the A 10, what kind of talent do you think they'd have playing in the NEC? They'd likely be St. Francis. I wouldn't even bother to follow them then.

12/06/2014 8:19 am  #50

im not stressin over this loss. im still irritated by the NJIT loss. Pitt might be down, but they are still an acc team with acc caliber players. PSU will be a tough game esp the way newbill is playing and seeing how we make every guard we play look like an all american. not gonna sleep on bobby mo either. they will be tough at sewell center...

everyone says the a10 is down this year, but i think its still gonna be a dogfight every nite.
have you seen our first five games. we could easily by 0-5?!?

Board footera