Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2014 11:38 am  #1

Perv State tonight.

In the 4th year of their rebuilding plan, the Nit-wits are 8-1, with only a double ot loss to Charlotte preventing them from being perfect. This would be a really nice feather in the cap for the Dukes.

12/10/2014 1:00 pm  #2

Re: Perv State tonight.

So, losing to a low-level program that upset Michigan wouldn't be the highlight of our season any more? I'm OK with that!

Before anyone's panties bunch, that's meant to be funny. I hope we walk out with a huge win tonight. Go Dukes!

12/10/2014 4:46 pm  #3

The betting line opened with the Dukes as 8 point underdogs; a little money came in on the Dukes, so the line has moved to 7½.
Pomeroy has the Dukes losing by 9, 83-74, with a 21% chance of winning this game.

I am looking forward to watching this matchup to see how the Dukes respond to the Pitt loss. I think that we will have a good shot to win this game if we can hold their 4 guards to a combined 45 to 50 points (Newbill, Garner, Thorpe and Johnson), but defending guards has not shown to be our strength so far this year.  Go Dukes!

12/10/2014 7:28 pm  #4

I hope we don't have the lead at the half.  Penn State prefers it if you are a little behind in the locker room!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/10/2014 7:40 pm  #5

Please resist in the future dolt. My younger Son is a PSU grad. And it pains me that he was on the bus from state college two years ago that came to the game at the Console and had to listen to our moronic student "fans" who can only seem to find their way to a basketball game when it's not played on campus.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

12/10/2014 7:50 pm  #6

Quite frankly, I expected more from Duquesne grads. I'm sure you were all chuckling when Emmett Sellers and the boys plowed the young chickee and the other honey was held out the St. Martin's window.

12/10/2014 7:56 pm  #7

I agree Ken.  Folks, Let's not go to the gutter level of Pitt fans who are so insecure around Penn State because of their success in every sport played between them except for Men's Basketball, that - that is all they bring up or have or mention due to their insecurities and inadequacies.  Plus, I think we are going to get whipped no matter what some say.  Unless there is a miracle, the better team will win tonight which is PSU.  However, I would not mind a miracle here.

12/10/2014 8:19 pm  #8

OK, I'll defend my PSU crack here.

Growing up as a Pitt football fan, due to DU not having a football team, and having to deal with Penn State fans and their utter obnoxiousness over the glories of St. Joe Paterno and how holy their program was over all those years,  I have more than a bit of schadenfruede over what happened.

Let's be honest, the only fans more obnoxious that Penn State fans were those from Notre Dame. I got tired of hearing about how their solid fecal matter emitted no tangible odor, as they cited Joe Pa's (pretty much "smoke and mirrors) graduation rate, and head things  like,  "Oh yes, that type of player would never play at Penn State!" for years!

Hey, a lot of poultry headed back to their home coops in the last few years, and as a person who grew up hearing about how holy and perfect that particular footaball program was, under that certain to be canonized former head coach, I think a few Penn State cracks are in order.

No apologies offered here!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/10/2014 8:57 pm  #9

Thanks FAM. My point to Tejas is I have never heard any PSU fan anywhere utter anything approaching ridicule or derisiveness in light of our long walk through the basketball desert. As for Joe Pa, he was a Republican, not that there's anything wrong with that. In retrospect, he should have taken the Patriots job. We all know he couldn't develop a quarterback if it was freakin' Johnny Unitas. So, with no Belichick and no Brady, the Steelers probably have 9 Soopies and the Patriots have a lovable cranky curmudgeon of a coach for life...So turns the wheels of fate...

12/10/2014 8:59 pm  #10

KenOTR73 wrote:

Quite frankly, I expected more from Duquesne grads. I'm sure you were all chuckling when Emmett Sellers and the boys plowed the young chickee and the other honey was held out the St. Martin's window.

Your turn to be off base. The charges against Sellers and the other players were dropped. They missed a year of their careers, or their careers were ended. As for dangling people out of windows at the dorms, I would challenge you to try to do it. There was a similar "allegation" against some players my senior year that they tied a person in a chair and hung the person and the chair out of the window on a rope. I tried to get a chair out of a window to test the validity. Couldn't do it. And in St. martin's, there were desks up against the windows, as I remember.

PS, the person who claimed to be hung out the window in a chair? I interviewed her myself. Not quite all there, is all I'll say.

12/10/2014 9:26 pm  #11

Penn State fans were trolling our board something awful a few years ago. For as much as we dislike Pitt, their fans don't bother us. With the success they've had over the last dozen years, they could be over here making our job hard. They haven't. PSU fans were on here regularly, trashing our program. Screw em!

PS,

Joe knew, and he did the absolute minimum, because he didn't want the program to be embarrassed. Because of that, there are men carrying around a burden that could have been avoided, because adults didn't step up and protect them when they were children.

12/10/2014 9:29 pm  #12

Stevens is getting on my nerves.

12/10/2014 9:34 pm  #13

Mason is not right lately I don't know what's up.

12/10/2014 9:42 pm  #14

What's up with Ridenhour?

12/10/2014 9:42 pm  #15

Donovan Jack is brutalizing us. And we are a poor shooting team. Shot selection is putrid.

12/10/2014 9:51 pm  #16

Ugly game.

12/10/2014 9:56 pm  #17

I almost feel embarrassed I Texted all of my non-Duq friends to watch this game tonight.

12/10/2014 10:02 pm  #18

I've been saying for three years, it would be nice to learn how to shoot FTs.

12/10/2014 10:05 pm  #19

ugly, but we are still in it. (kind of feel like im re-watching the pitt game).
mckoy looks more aggressive, like maybe he is over whatever is ailing him.
Lewis with a solid offensive post presence, needs to toughen up the d more.
stevens is gonna be a love/hate player. i screamed "NOOOOO" at the tv when he launched that 3 at end of half, but he sunk it.
writing on the wall for ridenour.
i dont think mason is or will ever be comfortable at point...kind of ironic that it seems to have benefited colter.
jones started off the game like he reads the boards and thought I will show these clowns why i start, but then he disappeared.

hey maybe its our thing. win ugly....but its a win

12/10/2014 10:12 pm  #20

Someone should tell Lewis it's ok to leave his feet on D. He's flat-footed all the time. But he has been a revelation offensively.

12/10/2014 10:19 pm  #21

KenOTR73 wrote:

Thanks FAM. My. As for Joe Pa, he was a Republican, not that there's anything wrong with that. ...

So what the hell does that have to do with your point? And if it doesn't matter, why do you bring it up?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/10/2014 10:27 pm  #22

Mason and Gill 0-9 combined. No way we can win with that kind of shooting.

12/10/2014 10:46 pm  #23

Lewis might get a double double. Haha

12/10/2014 11:00 pm  #24

C'mon, this game is there for the taking!!!!

12/10/2014 11:15 pm  #25

Damn!

Board footera