Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2014 2:08 pm  #1

Andy Toole on DU-RMU

12/11/2014 10:42 pm  #2

Re: Andy Toole on DU-RMU

In the grand scheme of things, this is a must win game for Jim Ferry and the Duquesne program.  Period. Enough talk, just beat a cross-town NEC team for once and establish your #2 position in Pittsburgh college basketball.

12/12/2014 7:05 am  #3

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

In the grand scheme of things, this is a must win game for Jim Ferry and the Duquesne program. Period. Enough talk, just beat a cross-town NEC team for once and establish your #2 position in Pittsburgh college basketball.

Agreed! Need to win the next 5 games. Going into the season, I hoped to go 9-2 ooc, with 8-3 being the worst record that was acceptable. I figured there would be a stumble somewhere, but that we would win one of the three "tough games".

12/12/2014 3:36 pm  #4

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

In the grand scheme of things, this is a must win game for Jim Ferry and the Duquesne program. Period. Enough talk, just beat a cross-town NEC team for once and establish your #2 position in Pittsburgh college basketball.

I believe it is a must win to maintain the remaining mental health of the remaining fans.  If they lose the posts will be awful.   If they were to get blown out, this place will implode. 

12/12/2014 4:30 pm  #5

There is no question this is a must win.  No excuse to come out flat.  This is going to be a battle and we need to play hard nose defense.  They are going to foul us and we need to make FTs. Let's get these guys! Go Dukes!

Last edited by CLK (12/12/2014 4:44 pm)

12/13/2014 9:02 am  #6

duqkurt wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

I believe it is a must win to maintain the remaining mental health of the remaining fans.  If they lose the posts will be awful.   If they were to get blown out, this place will implode. 

I can only speak for myself Kurt. I want to win this game badly, but I see a bit of disarray on the floor as Jimmy Ferry tries to find the right combos. As I've said, I don't attribute this to "youth," as do many, because we have a senior and three juniors among the returning starters. I attribute it to chemistry, or lack thereof, as a result of players on whom we were depending not giving us what was expected. Robinson, Domo, Micah, and Jeremiah in particular. On the other hand, Powell has been awesome, Lewis stepped forward to be counted, DC has taken that big maturity step, and Stevens has proven he can score (be nice if he would show a bit more discipline).

I expect McKoy and Mason to straighten themselves out. Would love it if eventually a steady Lewis and Powell teamed up in the front court, and Stevens settled down.

Of course I'll be labeled a hater by some for daring to have a brain and an opinion, and accused of ripping players and coaches unnecessarily, but I'd rather have real basketball conversations than sound like a programmed, talking point nimbot.

I think we can win today, and I think it's important that we do. But we need to play disciplined ball, rebound, hit FTs, play defense, and play hard for 40 minutes.

Go Dukes!

12/13/2014 9:13 am  #7

No betting line on the game today. Pomeroy has the Dukes winning by 1, 75-74, giving us a 54% chance of a win.

12/13/2014 10:51 am  #8

Why does the NEC teams never post a betting line?

12/13/2014 3:01 pm  #9

I'm excited to go to game with my sister who go's to Bobby Mo.  Never been in The Chuck before

Last edited by lilpav30 (12/13/2014 3:25 pm)

12/13/2014 3:37 pm  #10

It feels weird saying must win only 7 games into the season, but with the divided fan base, lack of local media coverage/support, recent losing streak to bobby mo,  and losing 3 of last 4, it really does feel like a must win.

this game is on the players. they have to come out looking for blood. step on the throttle and never look back. they have to be sick of hearing how "soft" they are from coaches and fan base, and they better be sick of hearing how bobby mo is now #2 in the town. 

I look for mason and mckoy to break out and a big nite from gill. blow the roof of "the chuck" and take a five game winning streak into the new year!

12/13/2014 3:54 pm  #11

I'm sitting right beside the cameras.   Good view.  Mason just practiced about 50 3s andhit about 55-60% of them

12/13/2014 4:00 pm  #12

I can't see a video for the game on RMU's website.  I keep refreshing and get nothing.  Anyone having the same issue?

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

12/13/2014 4:01 pm  #13

NM.  It appeared.  

12/13/2014 4:27 pm  #14

This is pathetic.

12/13/2014 4:30 pm  #15

Techinical foul on Ferry, 9 turnovers so far!  Just tuned into this!  Thrilling, isn't it

EDIT:  9 team fouls too in 11 minutes.

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (12/13/2014 4:31 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/13/2014 5:27 pm  #16

Wow..  Just Wow.

12/13/2014 5:29 pm  #17

This team is bad.  Really bad

12/13/2014 5:32 pm  #18

It is a poorly coached team with no talent and a lack of leadership at the AD position.  Put it all together and this is what you get.  I feel badly for the optimists.

12/13/2014 5:35 pm  #19

Welcome to the new rock bottom of Duquesne basketball.   I'm sorry if I am being negative.

12/13/2014 5:39 pm  #20

After today, Ritters has the floor because no one can possibly see any positives after this one.  

12/13/2014 5:44 pm  #21

My last comment for tonight if Amodio is not fired after this season I will be speechless.

12/13/2014 5:45 pm  #22

Didn't he get a shady extension or something at the end of last season?  The other sports teams have done pretty well I guess so I assume he will keep his job.  

12/13/2014 5:52 pm  #23

not sure why everyones so down about this loss. bobby mo did knock off bradley earlier this year, at bradley!

12/13/2014 5:52 pm  #24

Simms wrote:

After today, Ritters has the floor because no one can possibly see any positives after this one.  

Thank you, but I will not waste my time with another post.

12/13/2014 5:54 pm  #25

I can't remember turning off a game before the end...

Very. very disappointing. 

Board footera