Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/17/2014 8:43 pm  #26

Re: Saint Francis

I wonder if anyone besides the 20 or so of us even care?

12/17/2014 8:47 pm  #27

The question needs to be asked.  Should we continue to waste money in this manner?

12/17/2014 8:48 pm  #28

This team looks as bad as any Porter team.  Just horrible.

12/17/2014 8:50 pm  #29

CLK wrote:

Porter was never blown out by SFU.

12/17/2014 8:52 pm  #30

duq81 wrote:

CLK wrote:

Porter was never blown out by SFU.

OK worse than any Porter team.  Next level coach my ass!

12/17/2014 9:02 pm  #31

Saddest Quote of the Night on the Post-Game Show by J. Durhan:  "Well, it takes 8 or 9 games to get to know your team."  Really, how about the last two months.  How about all of the other basketball teams in the country.  Don't those count?  Can you imagine other coaches using that excuse.  That is pathetic.
Then, Ferry says they are young.  They have been young forever.  Excuse, Excuse, Excuse, Excuse, Excuse,  They are pathetic.  Hey Amodio, how about that hire???

12/17/2014 9:03 pm  #32

Ferry sounds like he is ready to cry on the post game show.

12/17/2014 9:03 pm  #33

Listening to Jim Ferry talk about what a great team St. Francis is!  St. Freaking Francis!  And he's acting like they are Duke!

Unbelievable, how far this program has sunk!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/17/2014 9:04 pm  #34

Tonight he says he is looking at himself first.

12/17/2014 9:04 pm  #35

FAM wrote:

Saddest Quote of the Night on the Post-Game Show by J. Durhan:  "Well, it takes 8 or 9 games to get to know your team."  Really, how about the last two months.  How about all of the other basketball teams in the country.  Don't those count?  Can you imagine other coaches using that excuse.  That is pathetic.
Then, Ferry says they are young.  They have been young forever.  Excuse, Excuse, Excuse, Excuse, Excuse,  They are pathetic.  Hey Amodio, how about that hire???

I couldn't believe that quote either!  8 or 9 games? Really?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/17/2014 9:07 pm  #36

JD just sai,  "Guys have to lose before they can win!"  Really? That's what we've come to?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/17/2014 9:07 pm  #37

JD just said you have to learn to lose.  Well we are well on our way.

12/17/2014 9:14 pm  #38

Let's not blame Jarrett Durham. I don't know how any broadcaster or journalist can cover this program with a straight face any more.  

12/17/2014 9:17 pm  #39

It's just a shame, it took 20 plus years of loosing to get to a coach that could win here.  We raced back to the bottom, but fast!!!!  This is going to be one ugly season !!!!!!!!  

12/17/2014 9:17 pm  #40

ElDuque wrote:

Let's not blame Jarrett Durham. I don't know how any broadcaster or journalist can cover this program with a straight face any more.  

Agreed. I don't know how Ray Goss has been such a professional all these years.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/17/2014 9:19 pm  #41

duqkurt wrote:

About time! How about looking at your system coach?  If these were A10 games, I'd think we had a talent problem. Against teams that aren't competitive in low major leagues like the NEC, even a bad A10 team will have enough of a talent advantage to avoid being blown away at home. Ferry needs to sit down with his staff, and figure out what style of play best suits his roster, and stick with it. He can't afford to be wedded to his system, as it's clear that his team just can't play it. As much as we'd like to see him go, he'll be here at least through next year. We are obviously going nowhere this year, so he needs to do whatever is necessary to ensure that this team hits the ground running next year. If he can't do this, he'll be gone.

12/17/2014 9:22 pm  #42

Well Greg I guess that job preservation ooc cupcake schedule is just not working out for you. Load up your koolade pitcher and take a beer bong with you to Charlie's office. If you can force enough down his throat maybe you can be around for the in comference schedule.

Please Charlie, end this embaracement of a once great program, its your legacy, karma is a Complain.

12/17/2014 9:25 pm  #43

Karma is a Complain named Amodio.

12/17/2014 9:44 pm  #44

duq81 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

About time! How about looking at your system coach?  If these were A10 games, I'd think we had a talent problem. Against teams that aren't competitive in low major leagues like the NEC, even a bad A10 team will have enough of a talent advantage to avoid being blown away at home. Ferry needs to sit down with his staff, and figure out what style of play best suits his roster, and stick with it. He can't afford to be wedded to his system, as it's clear that his team just can't play it. As much as we'd like to see him go, he'll be here at least through next year. We are obviously going nowhere this year, so he needs to do whatever is necessary to ensure that this team hits the ground running next year. If he can't do this, he'll be gone.

Honestly does anyone see any evidence of coaching on this team?  Watching the way SF runs their offense they looked well coach, in comparison DU looked like a poor AAU team with no signs of a structured offense. Ferry is being paid too much to produce this kind of product. 

12/17/2014 9:48 pm  #45

remember its Dambrot's paycheck it was not intended for anyone else. Thats when Charlie should have said enough Greg your done.

12/17/2014 9:51 pm  #46

Scotchngars wrote:

remember its Dambrot's paycheck it was not intended for anyone else. Thats when Charlie should have said enough Greg your done.

That money was really set aside for Dino Gaudio. Ron was fired to make room for Dino, not Dambrot.

12/17/2014 9:57 pm  #47

Dambrot's name is like Beetlejuice. Say it too many times, and a story pops up about him turning Duquesne down.

12/17/2014 9:59 pm  #48

I agree that it was Gaudio money.

12/17/2014 10:14 pm  #49

duqkurt wrote:

I agree that it was Gaudio money.

There was such an uproar, that Dino backed away from the job.

12/17/2014 10:16 pm  #50

Yep.

Board footera