Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2014 9:03 pm  #26

Re: UMass-Lowell

Umass Lowell is a Powerhouse team.  I assume the Big Ten or ACC will be pining for them shortly.  In all seriousness, I'm just glad we got a W.  I haven't simply forgotten about the last two awful games.  As Ferry said, that was Rock Bottom.  I still enjoy W's though.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

12/20/2014 10:02 pm  #27

Looked at the photos ... What, 100 people at the game?

12/21/2014 8:20 am  #28

One way you will know that we are a god team is when we don't have to make comparisons about how good the other teams that beat us are by looking at their results against their opposition/

12/21/2014 8:28 am  #29

Ritter I think you always look at how the teams you play do against others. Be nice to be in the position to say, "We beat this team, and they beat ..."

Merry Christmas to Mel, Flo and all the regulars at the diner, and to you!

12/21/2014 8:52 am  #30

ElDuque wrote:

Ritter I think you always look at how the teams you play do against others. Be nice to be in the position to say, "We beat this team, and they beat ..."

What happens too often is we look for excuses  for our losses. Oh, we lost to NJIT but hey, they beat Michigan so we can't be that bad. You can't judge your program that way. We will be a good program when we beat the teams we're supposed to beat.

And a Merry Christmas to you all.

12/21/2014 9:39 am  #31

Good point plus, we need to win because we are capable, not because they are terrible.

12/21/2014 10:58 am  #32

ElDuque wrote:

Looked at the photos ... What, 100 people at the game?

The crowd was announced at 1400 plus. My guess would be around 300. I don't know how many xmas bulbs they were giving out but people were going down during the game and loading up on them.

12/21/2014 11:58 am  #33

rittersdiner wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

What happens too often is we look for excuses  for our losses. Oh, we lost to NJIT but hey, they beat Michigan so we can't be that bad. You can't judge your program that way. We will be a good program when we beat the teams we're supposed to beat.

Agreed, I will make one caveat.  If (super, major, incredibly big...................IF) the bleeding has stopped, the ship has been righted and we can end up with double digit wins and a better A-10 record, my personal watermark is that starting next year, we put away all the Shippensburgs by 20 or more and we start beating ALL NEC teams by double digits!

That will be the sign to me of progress!

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (12/21/2014 11:59 am)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/21/2014 1:14 pm  #34

Tejas_Duke wrote:

rittersdiner wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Agreed, I will make one caveat.  If (super, major, incredibly big...................IF) the bleeding has stopped, the ship has been righted and we can end up with double digit wins and a better A-10 record, my personal watermark is that starting next year, we put away all the Shippensburgs by 20 or more and we start beating ALL NEC teams by double digits!

That will be the sign to me of progress!

Agree with this. If they win the next 2 games easily, then post a better league record than last year, I'll write the early struggles off to "growing pains". I think 7 league wins is the absolute minimum they need to win, 8 or more would really make me think we might make some noise next year. If this happens, we need to look at doing an international trip next summer. The last one was before Ron's final year, so we're eligible to do one next summer. We're going to be returning nearly everyone, so this will be the perfect time to squeeze in an extra "mini-season".

12/21/2014 4:40 pm  #35

I wondered why our senior didn't start, in fact all the returning starters and LG, then blend in the newcomers and freshmen. Duquesne cannot recruit freshman that are better than returning players.

If they were some other program would have signed them. They need to blend in and maybe later in the season start.

Hope they improve and be at least respectable in A-10. But I have lost a lot of interest with this program.

Being a Duquesne fan is like trying to kick the football and Lucy keeps pulling it up, and I am Charlie Brown.😟

A diehard fan since 1961

12/22/2014 9:15 am  #36

I think we're all on the same page here.

Board footera