Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/17/2015 1:26 pm  #1

An ironic blast from the past.

While surfing the net I cam accross this fan blog for Dayton, from two years ago, before they played Duquesne.

This quote jumped out at me:"Coach Ferry’s philosophy relies on good defense, not fouling, and grabbing rebounds."

And here we are two years later:  No, No and Hell No!

For those interested:  http://www.blackburnreview.com/recon-duquesne-the-return-of-suck/

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/17/2015 5:02 pm  #2

Re: An ironic blast from the past.

Interesting reading.  That's the first I've heard that the start of the friction between Amodio & Everhart was Everhart's refusal to hire Amodio's godson as an assistant?  Is this true?  Who is Amodio's godson?

1/17/2015 9:23 pm  #3

Officer Dribble wrote:

Interesting reading.  That's the first I've heard that the start of the friction between Amodio & Everhart was Everhart's refusal to hire Amodio's godson as an assistant?  Is this true?  Who is Amodio's godson?

My sources have told me it's true. The would-be assistant is Skip Prosser's son, former coach at Xavier. Tell me - would you hire an assistant whose first loyalty is to your boss and not you??

1/17/2015 10:08 pm  #4

Hell, no. I was born at night, but not last night.  It's easy to see that the kid woulda served as a spy. A regular at the Dukes' games---you all know him, but I won't name names---told me that often Amodio would sit next to him during the games & openly criticize Everhart, shocking behavior from an AD.  So it doesn't seem that it woulda been beneath Amodio to plant a spy.

1/18/2015 6:30 pm  #5

I along with a few others have been saying since it happened that Ron Everhart's firing was personal as much as anything else.

Board footera