Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2015 11:04 am  #1

Acceptance By Tejas Duke

Below comments are Tejas Dukes copied from another thread.  I thought it shouldn't get lost in that thread since he couldn't post a new topic.

Exactly. 

TECH NOTE:  For some reason, I can't post a "new topic" today (stupid computer) so what follows would be a "New Topic" titled "Acceptance" that I posted on the other board.

They say the final stage of dying is acceptance, after the denial, anger, bargaining and depression stages!

Based on the volume of traffic on this board, and to some extent, the other, we've reached it.

No one wants to comment on games; the Ferry/GA haters don't show up to gloat; the few optimists left don't even pipe up.

The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference and I think many of us have reached it. It is truly sad that with a month left in the season, we have absolutely no room for hope, nothing to talk about and our emotions have just been sucked out of us as a group.

I think it's more and more likely (only about 20% but still) that after this fiasco, DU Admin. finally throws in the towel and admits it can't compete as an NCAA mens hoops team of any merit, whatsoever. We either drop mens and womens hoops completely or try and drop to a lesser conference, and as pointed out here, the economics of that may be even more painful than just dropping a conference.

I think I have accepted "death" regardless of what happens. I just don't care anymore

Last edited by duqkurt (2/08/2015 11:08 am)

2/08/2015 11:07 am  #2

Re: Acceptance By Tejas Duke

Since Tejas couldnt start a new post I did it for him above.  The above comments are Tejas Dukes.  That is why I changed the Gameday thread to the Eastern 8.  I want to point out to any one reading this from the administration there are still some that care about DU men's bb.

We are just fed up with the current version of it!

2/08/2015 11:53 am  #3

thanks Kurt

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/08/2015 12:10 pm  #4

Where is that kid with the great first step, oh he's on the bench. Where is that 6-8' 255 forward we longed for, oh he is on the bench. Why does or 7 footer get two fouls then disappears , on the bench.

Why in a 26 point blow out don't you switch to man and say, hay guys just get out there and play.

On another note about Scott Edgar , at least he played the guys he inherited and recruited and never blamed them for his coaching.

A diehard fan since 1961

2/08/2015 12:22 pm  #5

Phildog wrote:

Where is that kid with the great first step, oh he's on the bench. Where is that 6-8' 255 forward we longed for, oh he is on the bench. Why does or 7 footer get two fouls then disappears , on the bench.

Why in a 26 point blow out don't you switch to man and say, hay guys just get out there and play.

On another note about Scott Edgar , at least he played the guys he inherited and recruited and never blamed them for his coaching.

Was this for this topic?  :-)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/08/2015 12:41 pm  #6

Good point about Edgar. A coach should never criticize his players in the media. That for one-on-one "counseling" before, during and after practice.

Board footera