Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/13/2015 4:35 pm  #1

Dougherty retiring next year

Per DU website.  Any chance of Amodio being fired just went out the window IMO.   He will punt that to the next president. 

Amodio has more lives than a cat.

2/13/2015 4:41 pm  #2

Re: Dougherty retiring next year

http://www.duq.edu/news/duquesne-president-to-retire-in-2016

Notice the press release doesn't mention anything about athletic accomplishments.   

The little hope I had of DU getting some leadership at the top of the athletic department has been drained out of me.

2/13/2015 5:31 pm  #3

Check out the post by Buckwheat on the other board!!!  It is crazy how similiar the situations are between Pitt and Duquesne with regard to the AD's. Many would also say that the similarities of the personalities of GA and Petersen and their affects on alums is remarkable.

2/13/2015 5:57 pm  #4

I respect Dr. D for all that he has done at DU.  I still hope he will deal with the mess in the Athletic Department before he retires.

2/13/2015 6:00 pm  #5

I do my best to stay away from the other board except for Rogabees post on women's bb.

Last edited by duqkurt (2/13/2015 6:17 pm)

2/13/2015 8:35 pm  #6

The Dome wrote:

Check out the post by Buckwheat on the other board!!! It is crazy how similiar the situations are between Pitt and Duquesne with regard to the AD's. Many would also say that the similarities of the personalities of GA and Petersen and their affects on alums is remarkable.

Yeah. Some here get mad at me for bringing Pitt up, but the similarities between Duquesne hoops, and Pitt football are remarkable. As a mild Pitt football follower, I've read certains posts there, where all you had to do was substitute the names Pederson, and Wanny, for GA, and Ron, and you could put it on this page, and none would be the wiser. Nordenberg left a mess for the new guy, but the new guy came in with the broom swinging. Wonder what our new guy will do.

2/14/2015 2:09 pm  #7

DUQKURT - u r correct.  He is probably not going to fire the AD with a year left on his own contract.  We can only hope that the next President isn't swayed by any snake oil salesmanship and he or she cares about basketball and understands how it can help with student recruitment.  And yes, this is similar to the armpitt situation.

2/14/2015 3:04 pm  #8

FAM wrote:

DUQKURT - u r correct.  He is probably not going to fire the AD with a year left on his own contract.  We can only hope that the next President isn't swayed by any snake oil salesmanship and he or she cares about basketball and understands how it can help with student recruitment.  And yes, this is similar to the armpitt situation.

Wake me up when it's over FAM.

2/14/2015 5:16 pm  #9

FAM wrote:

It could be a woman!

2/15/2015 3:18 pm  #10

Read today that WPIAL is no more at the Palumbo - another loss for Amodio.  They are going to Pitt.

2/15/2015 5:27 pm  #11

They have been at Pitt a couple years now.  No big deal in losing that. Especially since we were moving home games for it.

2/15/2015 9:41 pm  #12

I agree just like the City Game being part of the Pitt season ticket holder package..Sorry could not help myself. Another Amodio success!

2/16/2015 10:23 am  #13

duqkurt wrote:

They have been at Pitt a couple years now. No big deal in losing that. Especially since we were moving home games for it.

I recall last season being the last for the WPIAL at Polumbo.  I went to the games last season and saw Linclon Park cruise in Class A, and Char Valley choke it up and lose the title in AAA.
The games were moved to Petersen due to the size of the facility as I recall.

2/16/2015 1:52 pm  #14

I know we talked about this last year.   

My position on GA is well known.  But I don't think he is in charge of renting  the building.

Nor am I particularly interested in DU's rental income for the AJPC.

Last edited by duqkurt (2/16/2015 3:03 pm)

Board footera