Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/14/2015 3:06 pm  #1

DU women 69 Umass 49

The Dukes didn't trail in the road trip.  Improve to 17-8 and 9-3 in the A10.

2/14/2015 3:21 pm  #2

Re: DU women 69 Umass 49

Guess they don't miss that McConnell!

A diehard fan since 1961

2/14/2015 3:29 pm  #3

Phildog wrote:

No offense but I'm tired of hearing her name.  Let's concentrate on Dan Burt.   

I know you didn't mean anything by it but I'm sure the team is over hearing about her too.

2/14/2015 4:29 pm  #4

April Robinson scored her 1,000 point today.  Congrats to her. 

Bench played a nice number minutes as well.

2/15/2015 12:42 am  #5

The Dukes are playing like a championship team,came out strong 20-3 lead on the road crushing the UMass
hopes and coasted the rest of the way.They know what they needed to do and did it, very workmanlike and  we
know how difficult it is to go on the road.Very excited and it sure would be nice for this team, if folks would
come out and support a  team representing Duquesne  thats doing some  serious work to get that NCAA  invite.
  The tickets are cheap,bring a friend,pay for his ticket,buy a couple tickets and drop it off at your local school,
think of how hard Mossie worked , he went out with Manning  on recruiting visits,challenged a very disinterested
Duquesne Administration to spend more money on basketball, provided being a support system for the players,
and  was the greatest cheerleaders any school could  dream of having.
Without a Mossie Murphy, the success Red Manning had would not have happened.Red Manning was a
great coach but he got minimal monetary support from  Duquesne. Lets think of the bungling history of
Duquesne administators,lack of funding,Palumbo Center,deemphasing basketball in the mid 50s,Dudey
Moore leaving to coach Lasalle,Chick Davies leaving Duquesne for Homestead High School for better pay,
joining the MCC,super genius Brain Colleary and his endless tenure,not joining the Big East , small,
Catholic-private schools whose main sport was basketball, similar to Duquesne.Hiring boneheads like
Edgar,Nee and inexperienced Porter ,funding scholarship football,building a football  field that is smaller in seating
capacity than Duquesne High Schools field and the high school has been fricking closed for 5 years.
 When you drive to Palumbo and  you  come alone,the car you drive to that game is full of the spirit of apathy of
the incredible dumb arses who have created  60  years of blundering. Get rid of that spirit,fill that car with fans,
drive out the demons who ruined Duquesnes other basketball team.Remember who you are, you are a
fan  of a team whose success once made Pittsburghers proud,a team referred to as the BLUFFITES,much
like the yankees being called the BRONX BOMBERS. Playing games at the highest level.
 There are 3 alternatives, dont support the womens team and the program dies,go by yourself, occassionally,
waiting for the women to win and watch the program stagnate and Burt gets fired and they hire another
goof coach promising to get to the next level or GO grassroots, THE THIRD ALTERNATIVE ,get the Duquesne spirit, the new one, the one that attendS and cheers the BLUFFITES to victory,invigorating the program to be
at least a regional power.,hell  we are better than that.GO DUKES-a national power.

2/15/2015 7:58 am  #6

duqkurt wrote:

Phildog wrote:

No offense but I'm tired of hearing her name. Let's concentrate on Dan Burt.

I know you didn't mean anything by it but I'm sure the team is over hearing about her too.

Agree with this. No need to knock Suzie. She went for the money. This is a team she largely built. We would still be a hot pile of garbage if she had not come here. We praise Ron for the good job he did here. Well, Suzie did an even better job, so the snide comments aren't necessary. I guess we'd have folks bashing Ron if he had gone to Penn State.

2/15/2015 11:22 am  #7

Did Duquesne play a men/women doubleheader with UMass yesterday?  I've heard of doubleheaders, but not with the men and women playing the same opponent,  This must be new to the A-10.

2/15/2015 11:53 am  #8

It probably was just how the schedule worked out but it a was a DH

Last edited by duqkurt (2/15/2015 11:53 am)

2/15/2015 11:55 pm  #9

stew wrote:

The Dukes are playing like a championship team,came out strong 20-3 lead on the road crushing the UMass
hopes and coasted the rest of the way.They know what they needed to do and did it, very workmanlike and  we
know how difficult it is to go on the road.Very excited and it sure would be nice for this team, if folks would
come out and support a  team representing Duquesne  thats doing some  serious work to get that NCAA  invite.
  The tickets are cheap,bring a friend,pay for his ticket,buy a couple tickets and drop it off at your local school,
think of how hard Mossie worked , he went out with Manning  on recruiting visits,challenged a very disinterested
Duquesne Administration to spend more money on basketball, provided being a support system for the players,
and  was the greatest cheerleaders any school could  dream of having.
Without a Mossie Murphy, the success Red Manning had would not have happened.Red Manning was a
great coach but he got minimal monetary support from  Duquesne. Lets think of the bungling history of
Duquesne administators,lack of funding,Palumbo Center,deemphasing basketball in the mid 50s,Dudey
Moore leaving to coach Lasalle,Chick Davies leaving Duquesne for Homestead High School for better pay,
joining the MCC,super genius Brain Colleary and his endless tenure,not joining the Big East , small,
Catholic-private schools whose main sport was basketball, similar to Duquesne.
Hiring boneheads like
Edgar,Nee and inexperienced Porter ,funding scholarship football,building a football  field that is smaller in seating
capacity than Duquesne High Schools field and the high school has been fricking closed for 5 years.
 When you drive to Palumbo and  you  come alone,the car you drive to that game is full of the spirit of apathy of
the incredible dumb arses who have created  60  years of blundering. Get rid of that spirit,fill that car with fans,
drive out the demons who ruined Duquesnes other basketball team.Remember who you are, you are a
fan  of a team whose success once made Pittsburghers proud,a team referred to as the BLUFFITES,much
like the yankees being called the BRONX BOMBERS. Playing games at the highest level.
 There are 3 alternatives, dont support the womens team and the program dies,go by yourself, occassionally,
waiting for the women to win and watch the program stagnate and Burt gets fired and they hire another
goof coach promising to get to the next level or GO grassroots, THE THIRD ALTERNATIVE ,get the Duquesne spirit, the new one, the one that attendS and cheers the BLUFFITES to victory,invigorating the program to be
at least a regional power.,hell  we are better than that.GO DUKES-a national power.

I must say I never heard that Duquesne was ever asked to join the Big East.  Please provide details of the invitation and Duquesne's rejection.  I hate to say it, but it sounds like you became a bit disoriented during your rant and entered Fantasy Land!  However, I do recall that Coach Mike Rice once suggested the formation of an all-Catholic conference.  This got some coverage in the local media, but nothing ever came of it.

I do appreciate your promotion of fan support for the Dukes' women's team as they represnt a viable, perhaps remote, chance for making it to the NCAA post-season tournament this school year.  Given the Dukes' six-game winning streak, it's clear that the team is playing wilth a lot of confidence.  All four seniors are playing a significant part in the teams' successI   My support of the Dukes' women's team goes back to the mid-1990s, and it will certainly continue throughout this season.   

Board footera