Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/16/2015 7:22 pm  #2

Re: Steven suspended indefinitely

Another of the Doghouse members Dez Ridenour will be forced into action. This is the second consecutive failure of a JC big time player. Not sure why we even went the guard route when we have them all over the place.

2/16/2015 7:37 pm  #3

I wonder if he and Powell were guilty of the same offense but he didn't show enough remorse?

2/16/2015 7:37 pm  #4

Well, that makes it easy for Ferry. Maybe Stevens is pissed because he thought he was going to be the star of the team. One less guard to find minutes for next year. Colter, Mason, and Castro are going to take the bulk of the minutes anyway. Has any JC player ever done anything here besides Hargrove, and Palmer?

2/16/2015 7:49 pm  #5

Billy Searles wasn't bad but we haven't had much luck with them. I think Stevens would be more productive if he drove more and shot 3's a lot less.

2/16/2015 8:12 pm  #6

No room for him anyways.  Next year at the 1 and 2 we will have Mason,DC,castro,Jackson

2/16/2015 8:23 pm  #7

Just a guess but I'm thinking Jackson will be playing the 3.

2/16/2015 8:46 pm  #8

WashPaRick wrote:

Just a guess but I'm thinking Jackson will be playing the 3.

I think so too. Jackson will split time with Jones, and then take over the spot the following year.

2/16/2015 10:50 pm  #9

Eric James hasn't shown much if hr can't get minutes after this.  Then again, I guess he is more of a 2 than a 1.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

2/16/2015 11:35 pm  #10

duq81 wrote:

Well, that makes it easy for Ferry. Maybe Stevens is pissed because he thought he was going to be the star of the team. One less guard to find minutes for next year. Colter, Mason, and Castro are going to take the bulk of the minutes anyway. Has any JC player ever done anything here besides Hargrove, and Palmer?

Reggie had a good senior season for RE.  Got 9.8 ppg playing only 21 mins a game due to the 10-40 for two-thirds of the year and was clearly the team leader down the stretch.

2/16/2015 11:39 pm  #11

Simms wrote:

Eric James hasn't shown much if hr can't get minutes after this. Then again, I guess he is more of a 2 than a 1.

IMO he's more of a three right now than a two even.

2/16/2015 11:47 pm  #12

rogabee wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Reggie had a good senior season for RE.  Got 9.8 ppg playing only 21 mins a game due to the 10-40 for two-thirds of the year and was clearly the team leader down the stretch.

Forgot about Reggie and Tuck. We got very good use out of them.

2/16/2015 11:55 pm  #13

duq81 wrote:

Miles Powers who played a big role on Carrroll"s MCC n Nit teams in 93-94

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/17/2015 2:04 am  #14

Tejas_Duke wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Miles Powers who played a big role on Carrroll"s MCC n Nit teams in 93-94

In other words, some rose to the level of role players, with Reggie probably being the best of these. Hargrove, and Palmer were a step above the others, although Reggie might have risen to that level, had the backcourt not been so crowded. In hindsight, I wish we had never brought Mensah here. He didn't play that well, and he ate up minutes that would have been put to better use in the hands of AJax, and Reggie.

2/17/2015 10:08 am  #15

One of our scholarship players who left Duquesne and went to a Jr. College now plays at Washington, in Pac 10. He left to be closer to Wisconsin , I guess the State of Washington might be closer?

He is averaging 3.2 points in 23 games. Q Winters

A diehard fan since 1961

2/17/2015 11:40 am  #16

rogabee wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Absolutely, Reggie and Tuck were both good guys and productive JC transfers.  Reggie took most of his first season to acclimate, but really played great his senior year, and has parlayed that into a professional career in Europe.  Tuck was an amazing jumper, and always an alley oop threat running the baseline.  I guess the most important quality to look for in a JC transfer along with talent, would be the willingness to be a good teammate and have a willingness to share the ball.  I think the coaches gave Jordan plenty of chances to show that he could change his game to help the team, but it didn't look like he was willing or able to do so.

2/17/2015 12:01 pm  #17

Phildog wrote:

One of our scholarship players who left Duquesne and went to a Jr. College now plays at Washington, in Pac 10. He left to be closer to Wisconsin , I guess the State of Washington might be closer?

Phil,
You are correct about Q ending up in Washington, but he came to Duquesne as a freshman in Jim Ferry's hastily assembled first recruiting class.  Q left Duquesne after his freshman year, and spent a season at a JC near his home, in Milwaukee before transferring to Washington.  I understand that he had to be closer to home during that year to work out some personal issues, before moving West to Washington.

2/17/2015 12:36 pm  #18

It was a JC in Kanas I think, he was a 18 point scorer on a team that averaged almost 100 and were highly rated. At Duquesne he could score but turned over a lot on sloppy passes.

He seems not to be making the adjustment to the D-1 level.

A diehard fan since 1961

2/17/2015 8:13 pm  #19

Osimani was a pretty good assist man but struggled shooting.

2/17/2015 10:46 pm  #20

I completely forgot about Reggie and Tuck.  Reggie was the most unassuming athlete I ever met on campus.  I worked as a Desk Aide at Towers and he made it a point to be nice to everyone.  He made special note of the Red and Blue Crew and always thanked us for the support.  Tuck was a nice guy too.  I loved it when you could tell Tuck was about to leap for some absurd dunk.

My ex Gf had a crush on Osimani.  He reminded me a lot of Jason Williams from the Sacramento Kings.  His passes could be amazing, but dear lord was his shooting woeful.

Palmer was great.  He was the lone bright spot (maybe Jimmy Tricco or B. Mccalister) on Danny Nee's teams.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

2/17/2015 10:58 pm  #21

levon1975 wrote:

Phildog wrote:

Phil,
You are correct about Q ending up in Washington, but he came to Duquesne as a freshman in Jim Ferry's hastily assembled first recruiting class.  Q left Duquesne after his freshman year, and spent a season at a JC near his home, in Milwaukee before transferring to Washington.  I understand that he had to be closer to home during that year to work out some personal issues, before moving West to Washington.

Indian Hills Junior College in lovely Ottumwa, IA; a mere 350 miles from Milwaukee. He did get "closer to home" since Pittsburgh was 550 miles from Milwaukee.

Board footera