Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2015 4:31 am  #1

Strive for Five: Beat the Billikens!

Waiting for lightning to strike, I'm hoping this is the first of five straight daily threads between now and Sunday.  Thursday's thread will read "Clobber the Colonials," followed by "Rout the Rams" on Friday.  It's too early to determine who we might play on Saturday and Sunday, but we'll be ready with an appropriate headline for both of those threads.

On behalf of Duquesne's long-suffering fans, here's hoping for a Miracle in Brooklyn.

Wow.  Wouldn't that be something?  Stranger things have happened.

While I don't believe any Division I school has ever won five games in five days in postseason play, it's important to remember Georgia's incredible feat during the remarkable 2007-08 SEC Tourney, when the last-place Bulldogs (4-12 in conference play, 13-16 overall) won four games in three days, including three games in the space of thirty hours as a result of a tumultuously devastating tornado that ripped through downtown Atlanta.  Coming down to the final seconds, three of Georgia's four unexpected — and highly unlikely — victories in that tournament were heart-stopping nail-biters, two of them ending in overtime.  It was a classic in college basketball history, proving that nothing is really impossible. 

That's what makes this time of year so exciting. 

The Bulldogs — and their fans — believed in the impossible.

Let's have some fun.  Let's believe in our Dukes.

Keep the faith, my friends. 

Shoo-Shoo Rah-Rah

Let's Go Duquesne!!! 

Last edited by IronDukes12 (3/11/2015 4:58 am)

3/11/2015 8:02 am  #2

Re: Strive for Five: Beat the Billikens!

???

A diehard fan since 1961

3/11/2015 8:36 am  #3

UCONN won 5 games in 5 days at the garden in 2011. It would be nice to win a few games in the tournament. I would love to play Rhode Island again. We got cheated that game and we owe them a loss, but only one game at a time.
Go DUKES

3/11/2015 1:54 pm  #4

You gotta believe.  I'll be tuned in intently at 9pm.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/11/2015 3:50 pm  #5

Steel city AJ wrote:

UCONN won 5 games in 5 days at the garden in 2011. It would be nice to win a few games in the tournament. I would love to play Rhode Island again. We got cheated that game and we owe them a loss, but only one game at a time.
Go DUKES

You're right, AJ!  I completely forgot about the Huskies.  Thanks for the correction.

Beat the Billikens!

Let's Go Dukes! 

3/11/2015 6:16 pm  #6

Sometime in the early 90s there was a Fairfield team (MEAC?) who won their conference tourney with a 10-18 record and came within one minute of shocking North Carolina for the first ever 1-16 upset in Tourney history!

And, regardless of how many of us feel about the #2 program in the City, who can forget the total screw job by the refs five years ago in the last ten minutes of that Robert Morris v. Vilanova game, which would also have been a 16-1 upset?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/11/2015 7:42 pm  #7

Fyi game is on pcnc tonight at 9 just a reminder

3/11/2015 8:11 pm  #8

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Sometime in the early 90s there was a Fairfield team (MEAC?) who won their conference tourney with a 10-18 record and came within one minute of shocking North Carolina for the first ever 1-16 upset in Tourney history!

And, regardless of how many of us feel about the #2 program in the City, who can forget the total screw job by the refs five years ago in the last ten minutes of that Robert Morris v. Vilanova game, which would also have been a 16-1 upset?

I don't think Villanova was a 1 seed the year the refs screwed RMU.  Edit: I just looked it up and Nova was a 2 seed.  

Last edited by SteelCityVoice (3/11/2015 8:12 pm)

3/11/2015 8:28 pm  #9

I think Darius just blocked his 5th shot of the game! Early in the first half: four at least.

3/11/2015 8:39 pm  #10

Lewis my man

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/11/2015 8:50 pm  #11

Well that was fun while it lasted.  Other team goes 5-5 from 3 point land with wide open looks!  Typical

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/11/2015 8:55 pm  #12

One of DCs worst games I've seen in awhile.  Hit a FT mcckoy!

3/11/2015 8:59 pm  #13

Back to normal play, gave up 13 point run after being up 8

A diehard fan since 1961

3/11/2015 9:04 pm  #14

And McCoy on his way to a repeat performance of his classic 1-10 from the stripe. C'mon Senior, step up!  Do you want your college career to end this way?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/11/2015 9:21 pm  #15

Some weak passes.

3/11/2015 9:25 pm  #16

Holy hell turnovers.

3/11/2015 9:26 pm  #17

And Jones has 6 threes because?????

1-6 Jesus

3/11/2015 9:28 pm  #18

This is some ugly basketball hopefully we can pull this out

3/11/2015 9:34 pm  #19

Jones could use a rest.

3/11/2015 9:37 pm  #20

For the rest of the game.

3/11/2015 9:40 pm  #21

for the rest of the tournament?

3/11/2015 9:44 pm  #22

Mason carrying us. Who would've thought we could block shots.

3/11/2015 9:55 pm  #23

Our perimeter defense might be terrible, but we look like a juggernaut downlow tonight.

3/11/2015 10:08 pm  #24

7 blocks for Lewis.

3/11/2015 10:17 pm  #25

WE HAD EM ALL THE WAY!!!-  (Any volunteers to drive Indy back to campus tomorrow so he might not miss any classes (but could miss the game!!!)  Early in the year he "called out some of his team mates"  I know the coach wants to use him but 37 minutes (or whatever he got) for the kind of performance he had?????  Perhaps the coaching staff has some inside information that Powell and/or Robinson and/or James are planning on leaving and for that reason doesn't want to give them any more minutes??????

Board footera