Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2015 10:19 pm  #26

Re: Strive for Five: Beat the Billikens!

Well that was a pleasant surprise.  And hey did you see them go Man to Man while defending and trying not to foul at the end of the game?  Hey Jim Ferry, how about trying that at other times?

And as a member of the "pragmatists club" over on the board, I was surprised that the Dukes had not won a game in the A-10 tourney since the incredible run in 09!  Interesting.  I guess that is evidence that Ron's teams really faded late in the season.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/11/2015 10:25 pm  #27

If we can get one tomorrow, it would put a little sugar on top of this otherwise sour season.

3/12/2015 9:26 am  #28

I have been a critic of Jones all year, but he is filling up the stat sheet, he did several nice blow bys and a floater, plus he hits his foul shots. He was 1-6 from three because not one guarded him , he had open shot. Make one or two of those and maybe that will change.

Mason played well, he had a few drives to the hole where he blew by and sunk the shot amoung the trees.

But the turnovers, wow.

A diehard fan since 1961

3/12/2015 11:30 am  #29

Tejas, I did notice the switch to man defense and all I could think was, "Why don't we ever do this more often?"  Our defense looked really good for the one posession we did it.  That said, I can't really complain about our defensive effort.  I mentioned it on Twitter, but did anyone else notice our tremendous celebrations our bench did on Micah's shots?  Awesome stuff.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

Board footera