Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2015 7:35 pm  #1

"One Bid Conferences and the Dumbing Down of America"

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way.

I'm watching the Post Season Tournaments of some of the One Bid Conferences.

I see kids with their faces painted and their shirts off - screaming something like WE WANT KENTUCKY!!

I'm thinking to myself --  Be Careful What You Wish For --  You WANT Kentucky -- I HOPE You get 'em  AND I hope you get them full throttle for forty minutes --  I hope they kind of put the beatdown on you just like the U Conn ladies do in their first round game -  Something like 76-37.

I say to myself -- ARE YOUR PARENTS REALLY PAYING A KING'S RANSOM FOR YOUR COLLEGE EDUCATION??  If so they must be REALLY proud of you.  You almost make me feel America's future might be hopeless -- SHOW ME THE FAN WHO SAYS -- WE WANT PRAIRIE VIEW!!  Your team might beat them and advance in the tournament!!  Fans like that would probably give me hope!!

And to say I'm jealous or out of touch -- If Duquesne is ever in a situation like that I'd hope our students would act in a more respectable manner -- And would you want YOUR SON BEHAVING LIKE THIS??

Probably gonna' be a VERY INTERESTING off season

3/14/2015 10:34 pm  #2

Re: "One Bid Conferences and the Dumbing Down of America"

Yeah it's probably only you.

That would so suck to see my kid with their face painted, in a joyous, raucous basketball environment as their team gets it's ticket punched to the Big Dance, the big party that every single college hoop program works hard towards, where for (except for the Top 20 or so programs) that yeah it is an honor to get there!

Yeah before I die, I would like to see us long-suffering fans and the current students to be able to see and experience this!  But, hey from the looks of it, we should be ready to maybe, possibly get there by 2020, you know after we give Jim Ferry his 8 years to build a program!

Oh yeah Al, your forgot to add "Now get the hell off of my lawn!" to your comment!

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (3/14/2015 10:38 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/14/2015 10:39 pm  #3

And funny thing, as I typed that last comment, I just tuned in and saw TJ McConnell playing for Arizona!  I'm sure he regrets his decision.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/15/2015 7:19 am  #4

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Yeah it's probably only you.

That would so suck to see my kid with their face painted, in a joyous, raucous basketball environment as their team gets it's ticket punched to the Big Dance, the big party that every single college hoop program works hard towards, where for (except for the Top 20 or so programs) that yeah it is an honor to get there!

Yeah before I die, I would like to see us long-suffering fans and the current students to be able to see and experience this! But, hey from the looks of it, we should be ready to maybe, possibly get there by 2020, you know after we give Jim Ferry his 8 years to build a program!

Tejas:  As opposed to seeing your kid in the "joyous, racucos basketball environment"  WITHOUT his face painted?

Oh yeah Al, your forgot to add "Now get the hell off of my lawn!" to your comment!

3/15/2015 10:39 am  #5

Tejas - went back to see what the AD and coach said in an article when Ferry was hired.  He was given a 7 year contract - said taking the DU job was a no brainer, and the AD saying that it wouldn't take Ferry as long to build a program at DU at it did at LIU because of the resources he would be given.  4 more years - 4 more years - Oh, wrong venue!

Board footera