Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/29/2015 7:50 am  #1

Did we get a commitment?

Don't know what to make of this?

Zach Snyder ‏@zsnyder14   13h13 hours ago Very happy to announce i am committing to Duquesne university, where I'll continue my basketball career

Seneca Valley forward Zach Snyder

3/29/2015 9:32 am  #2

Re: Did we get a commitment?

Pittsburgh Basketball Report has Snyder listed as the 14th rated WPIAL player in the class of 2015. He's listed as a 6'6 G/F. Gotta be a walk on.

3/29/2015 9:57 am  #3

Thanks Rick.  I did not have time after I posted that to check him out.  That makes sense.

3/29/2015 10:10 am  #4

@BREAL412: Duquesne adds a WPIAL player to its hoops team. Seneca Valley's Zach Snyder (6-6 forward) will be a preferred walk-on. Averaged 20 ppg.

3/29/2015 11:18 am  #5

DukesFan79 wrote:

@BREAL412: Duquesne adds a WPIAL player to its hoops team. Seneca Valley's Zach Snyder (6-6 forward) will be a preferred walk-on. Averaged 20 ppg.

Thanks.  My understanding is that as a preferred walk-on unless you quit, you will be with the team. This does not mean that you will be getting a scholarship down the road. It just means that you can come to practice everyday. You don't have to try out to walk on. 

3/29/2015 12:31 pm  #6

CLK wrote:

DukesFan79 wrote:

Thanks.  My understanding is that as a preferred walk-on unless you quit, you will be with the team. This does not mean that you will be getting a scholarship down the road. It just means that you can come to practice everyday. You don't have to try out to walk on. 

An extra body for practice, so you don't have to wear out your scholarship guys.

Board footera