Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2015 10:56 am  #1

Field Set for Dukes Tournament

As discussed earlier by some, don't be confused. The Dukes will be in the field and it does not matter what happens in their preliminary game in Pittsburgh if they even play one. You can make your travel plans now. You do not have to wait for any preliminary game outcomes.

Final Field:

Duquesne, Murray State, Western Kentucky, Pepperdine, Drake, Milwaukee, Weber State and Central Michigan.

4/21/2015 11:28 am  #2

Re: Field Set for Dukes Tournament

Very good field of Mid majors. Murray state is really good. Will be an early test for the Dukes. Looking forward to it
GO DUKES!

4/21/2015 11:41 am  #3

This will go a long way towards helping the Dukes get ready for the A-10. So what happened? I thought our obligation as an A-10 bottom feeder was to load up on bottom feeders? Or was someone in the Athletic Department or on one of these boards blowing smoke up our asterisks?

So how many non-cons do we get? 11? If you play these three games, plus Pitt, WVU, Penn State, Bobby Mo, St. Francis, maybe get a Big Least team (Xavier or Villanova or Providence would make sense), maybe a Patriot League team (Lafayette on a Saturday would be cool), and throw in a sacrificial cupcake, you'd have a decent schedule.

4/21/2015 1:32 pm  #4

Think there will be any sort of package deal?

4/21/2015 2:29 pm  #5

DUMgr wrote:

Think there will be any sort of package deal?

I'm sure there will be, but you may be better off making your own arrangements.  I found that to be the case when I went to Hawaii fora tournament years ago.

4/21/2015 3:38 pm  #6

ElDuque wrote:

This will go a long way towards helping the Dukes get ready for the A-10. So what happened? I thought our obligation as an A-10 bottom feeder was to load up on bottom feeders? Or was someone in the Athletic Department or on one of these boards blowing smoke up our asterisks?

So how many non-cons do we get? 11? If you play these three games, plus Pitt, WVU, Penn State, Bobby Mo, St. Francis, maybe get a Big Least team (Xavier or Villanova or Providence would make sense), maybe a Patriot League team (Lafayette on a Saturday would be cool), and throw in a sacrificial cupcake, you'd have a decent schedule.

Usually, these tournaments count as one game. If that still holds, the Dukes would be able to play 10 more ooc games. Pitt, RMU, SFU for sure. Try to get WVU. If they won't play, whore yourself out to the best P5 team that will play you. With the tournament providing 3 decent games, there is no need to play any MAC teams, or anyone like that. Try to get a game vs a team from one of the big mid major leagues (BE, AAC, MWC, MVC). Two games vs  AE, or MAAC level teams, and the remaining 3 games vs cupcakes.

4/21/2015 3:58 pm  #7

Lafayette's a short ride for me. Might entice me to see a game this year.

Board footera